forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
Bim

Ex-Rei wrote:

well i don't surprised when "this guy" lack of consistency because lack of playing low BPM songs..
just saying..
yea i not surprised when either he knows that improving what he's doing
B1rd

GoldenWolf wrote:

Riince wrote:

its not my fault this game is bullshit hard
all you have to do is clicking circles that appears on the screen, it's like the simpliest game you will ever find
clicking circles is easy. it's clicking circles better than everyone else that's hard.
Karuta-_old_1

GoldenWolf wrote:

all you have to do is clicking circles that appears on the screen, it's like the simpliest game you will ever find
That's why my mother makes fun of me because of how seemingly childish this game is
People just don't understand musical games

They only know it is hard once they try it
winber1
i sacrificed a million dollar opportunity to play this game

it was not worth it
Blueprint

winber1 wrote:

it was not worth it
I got offered a threesome once but I decided to play osu instead because I was scared
DENKOUSEKKA

winber1 wrote:

it was not worth it
Who would want to be a millionaire when you can play a rhythm game?
YukinoDesuDesu

Yazawa wrote:

winber1 wrote:

it was not worth it
Who would want to be a millionaire when you can play a rhythm game?
Osu! is life no need for anything else.
tfg50
I have some (hd)hr scores and I consider you better than me. All you need to play hr is stop mashing (just barely SSing od7 and 8 on some songs is mashing) and be really aware of when you need to hit dem circles. Also, ar10 quite a bit different from ar9.666 but you need to play it to get used to it.

SPOILER
I mean, this was on a multi 3 days after I came back from a 2-3 month break and you aim is sick compared to mine https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1881035 . I'm sure you are capable of playing hr if you try enough but your fingers might hurt more after doing it because I feel like I get way more drained when I play something trying to get a sick acc.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
I'm just gonna take it a bit slow.

Learning AR 10 will definitely NOT come along with Hard Rock training. It's just too large of a difficulty increase to jump straight into HR, otherwise I'm not gonna have fun playing the game (what's the point if I'm not having fun right?)

After I'm confident with AR 10, I'll go onto OD 10 and HP 10 after that. Even OD 9 is killing me (my Lagomorphic FC is literally my highest accuracy OD 9 run EVER)
nrl
SSing OD7 and 8 isn't mashing.

And Woob, how're you gonna learn AR10 without HR? Unless you want to manually edit all the maps you play to 10, unranked maps are your only other option. And you really, really shouldn't learn AR10 from unranked maps.
GoldenWolf

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

And you really, really shouldn't learn AR10 from unranked maps.
Why not?
Cheese
Wow people learn AR10 so late!? I was just starting to train it. Guess im gonna wait.
GoldenWolf

Sancheese wrote:

Wow people learn AR10 so late!? I was just starting to train it. Guess im gonna wait.
Hi I still haven't learn AR10 how are you
nrl

Sancheese wrote:

Nah, I started at like 10k. You're good.
winber1
i still haven't learned ar 10
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

winber1 wrote:

i still haven't learned ar 10
I really do think it's a matter of preference until one day you have an urge to play AR 10.

Noone's really forced to have to learn AR 10. I can definitely see myself trying to seriously learn it though because I have to somehow find a way to work my way towards AR 10.3 so I can DT AR 9 maps.

Also before I forget:
Seriously though, my user profile might as well be a "LOOK HERE FOR EASY PP MAPS" page xD
Vuelo Eluko

Woobowiz wrote:

Seriously though, my user profile might as well be a "LOOK HERE FOR EASY PP MAPS" page xD
at least you're conscious of the problem.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
Don't want to sound like an asshole, but skystar hate coming from a guy who spams AR8 hards is topkek tier irony. His maps are ridiculously easy to read compared to some awkward 2008 DJpop bullshit stream maps or hanzershit. Upbeat doubles are fun when you get the feel for them.
Vuelo Eluko

thedamntrain wrote:

Don't want to sound like an asshole, but skystar hate coming from a guy who spams AR8 hards is topkek tier irony. His maps are ridiculously easy to read compared to some awkward 2008 DJpop bullshit stream maps or hanzershit. Upbeat doubles are fun when you get the feel for them.
imma let u finish but Fanzhen makes the best maps ever
GoldenWolf

thedamntrain wrote:

huhhhhhhhhhhhh
Pettanko

thedamntrain wrote:

how is that ironic? i don't think you know what that word means
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

Pettanko wrote:

thedamntrain wrote:

how is that ironic? i don't think you know what that word means
I think you should be able to solve the mystery if you look at the title of this thread and apply it to my post.
YukinoDesuDesu

thedamntrain wrote:

????? D:
Zare
huh

yay page 64 let's celebrate

GoldenWolf

Zare wrote:

huh

can't wait to see how you're going to celebrate the 69th page
Granger

GoldenWolf wrote:

Zare wrote:

huh

can't wait to see how you're going to celebrate the 69th page
Holorin
Now u guys are just trolling around xD. Anyway good luck in learning to read AR10 Woob, AR9 is already a pain in the ass for me and I need to learn how to read it now :(
Mythras
boob cat, lol

anyways goo woobowiz!
Cheese
But there is something i dont get. If your goal is Cookiezi-tier skill why are you farming pp
nrl
Because he's not really serious about shooting for cookiezi-tier.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Sancheese wrote:

But there is something i dont get. If your goal is Cookiezi-tier skill why are you farming pp
Who said I can't improve while I farm pp?
Is it really just one long farm if I keep getting top plays over time?

I'd say I'm always farming because at the moment my current skill level as determined by pp is ever so slightly behind (by about 100-150 pp I'd estimate). And when I farm the pp needed to match that specific skill level, I've already improved to a point past that level and the cycle continues like some sort of weird improvement cycle.

The only real concerns I have are:
  1. "When will I cap off in skill?"
  2. "How can I get over my anxiety issues when FCing harder and harder maps?"
  3. "Will I ever find out why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?"

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Because he's not really serious about shooting for cookiezi-tier.
That's like, your opinion
Jenny

Zare wrote:

huh

Zare
I expected them to open it only to find a sweater instead of the actual console
nrl

Woobowiz wrote:

That's like, your opinion

Woobowiz wrote:

I'd say I'm always farming because at the moment my current skill level as determined by pp is ever so slightly behind (by about 100-150 pp I'd estimate). And when I farm the pp needed to match that specific skill level, I've already improved to a point past that level and the cycle continues like some sort of weird improvement cycle.
If you're serious about going cookiezi-tier in a reasonable amount of time, you'll stop caring about pp altogether and work on strengthening the areas in which you're weak, and pp gains will happen naturally as a result. This self-improvement cycle will begin to slow down over time as your speed outpaces your aim and reading, and it will not be pleasant for you to have to make the transition from 230bpm AR8 DT plays to 140bpm CS5.2 HR plays 20k plays from now to learn AR10. You're just digging yourself a deeper hole by pp farming.
Cheese
Well i never ever play for pp all my top plays are random beatmaps i played and happened to fc in like 1 to 5 tries so i guess rank come by itself. Its still a thousand time slower tho
Cheese
Oh and what is skill cap off
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Sancheese wrote:

When you 100% know that you cannot improve any further even after training (usually mental).

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

This self-improvement cycle will begin to slow down over time as your speed outpaces your aim and reading, and it will not be pleasant for you to have to make the transition from 230bpm AR8 DT plays to 140bpm CS5.2 HR plays 20k plays from now to learn AR10.
My speed and aim have been dominant since the day I started using a tablet. And as far as I know, I don't see much signs of slowing down (yet).

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

You're just digging yourself a deeper hole by pp farming.
Subjective and fallacious unless proven otherwise. (sorry for being difficult, but clearly we're of two different mindsets when it comes to improvement)
takaharrue

Woobowiz wrote:

Sancheese wrote:

When you 100% know that you cannot improve any further even after training (usually mental).

there's always room for improvement. ;]
Zare
that's the point
nrl

Woobowiz wrote:

Subjective and fallacious unless proven otherwise. (sorry for being difficult, but clearly we're of two different mindsets when it comes to improvement)
It's not subjective at all. pp farming, by definition, impedes progress. You'll obviously still be improving because of the way ppv2 works, but you won't improve as fast as someone who pushes themself without regard for pp, and you'll only improve on things you're already good at. That means that while your speed will continue to get better over time, you'll eventually reach a point where your aim, reading, and accuracy are all laughable for your rank because all your peers won't have pigeonholed themselves so hard.
show more