forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
Pettanko

Pacemaker wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

That's two different things. One is being (maybe a bit too?) humble about his skill, the other being a matter of taste.
Why would you think someone who says they don't like hidden that they don't mean it?
He was the best at it. You don't get good at something unless you play it, but you wouldn't have the motivation to play it if you didn't enjoy it at least a bit. And why the hell do we have to discuss that anyway? Like it matters lol
his motivation was that he wanted to get the maximum amount of points to get the #1 rank on a map and if other people used the hidden mod alongside hr or dt then it means he has to do the same. it doesn't mean he enjoyed playing with hidden mod

but the real question here is: who cares?
Coffee Hero

Woobowiz wrote:

Riince wrote:

cookiezi hated hidden
Probably because he hates missing.

I hate HR more than HD at the moment, but that might change overtime when I actually become decent at AR 10 and OD 10

EDIT: There might not be much progress for the next few days, I picked up the anime Saki......
You will NOT get better at HR or HD without actually playing them
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Pettanko wrote:

I have delicious burgers
got 3300pp

Shirokami- wrote:

You will NOT get better at HR or HD without actually playing them
Not now Dx
In my honest opinion, there's no need to learn it just yet.

Since I'm #TVSizeMasterRace I only gained 4 pp from the pp changes :D
Mythras
i think cookiezi only played HD when he wanted the top rank on the map, just because he was good at it and did it alot doesn't mean he liked it. I don't like going to work either but I do it anyways lol.
Vuelo Eluko

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Can anyone really be "the best" at hidden? It's barely even a mod.
GoldenWolf

Pacemaker wrote:

He was the best at it.
He wasn't though

Pettanko wrote:

but the real question here is: Who?*
fixed
Mythras
Isn't WW considered the most adept at reading HD?
Vuelo Eluko

VioletMaid wrote:

I think WW is considered the most adept at reading period. Although you could argue rrtyui is better.
Toadsworth

Riince wrote:

VioletMaid wrote:

I think WW is considered the most adept at reading period. Although you could argue rrtyui is better.
WW is amazing at reading, but MillhioreF is far better at reading.
Vuelo Eluko
Well, at reading EZ, I'd have to agree. But there's more to reading than EZ. Reading EZ and reading hard to read maps require a similar but very different method. EZ as i understand is more of keeping track of what to hit next on a screen full of hit objects and knowing what to hit next and somehow discerning a tangled mess of approach circles. Hard to read maps are discerning the patterns and movement required on maps with difficult overlap and understanding complicated beats.
Toadsworth

Riince wrote:

Well, at reading EZ, I'd have to agree. But there's more to reading than EZ. Reading EZ and reading hard to read maps require a similar but very different method. EZ as i understand is more of keeping track of what to hit next on a screen full of hit objects and knowing what to hit next and somehow discerning a tangled mess of approach circles. Hard to read maps are discerning the patterns and movement required on maps with difficult overlap and understanding complicated beats.
But learning to read EZ on high BPM songs is far harder than learning to read a hard to read map.
Vuelo Eluko

DatPenguinTho wrote:

Riince wrote:

But learning to read EZ on high BPM songs is far harder than learning to read a hard to read map.
even so its a different method of reading
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
Nothing much new today

I replayed a few maps for higher accuracy, ended up gaining 45 pp in total

Also, FCed Hiatus, I don't quite remember if I made a promise to FC it before summer, but....well there it is.
Vuelo Eluko
all that "training"
Martell_old_1
AR8 DT TVSize training ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Riince wrote:

all that "training"
It's just me returning to maps I used to train on and FCing them to prove to myself how much I improved.

Also :
Holorin
Hmm been lurking around for quite long, since this thread was like 10 pages. And now I just want to say "Wow" At first I didn't think u could even reach 4 numbers. But you constantly surprised me how fast u have come through. Seriously, that PP graph is insane :)
I'm just a 60k filthy scrub, but imo, u still have a very long way to become the Cookiezi of 2 years ago. But still, good luck on the journey ;)
Bim

Oppai Neko wrote:

Hmm been lurking around for quite long, since this thread was like 10 pages. And now I just want to say "Wow" At first I didn't think u could even reach 4 numbers. But you constantly surprised me how fast u have come through. Seriously, that PP graph is insane :)
I'm just a 60k filthy scrub, but imo, u still have a very long way to become the Cookiezi of 2 years ago. But still, good luck on the journey ;)
you do realize that the only reason he's improving so fast is mainly because he's playing a crapload everyday, look at that play history, it nearly spiked to 8000 and is constantly sitting at 5000
qwr

Biman wrote:

Oppai Neko wrote:

you do realize that the only reason he's improving so fast is mainly because he's playing a crapload everyday, look at that play history, it nearly spiked to 8000 and is constantly sitting at 5000
So what

I don't think that makes it any less impressive, it just means he works harder

inb4 revived playcount vs. skill level argument
Zealtron

Woobowiz wrote:

LF > Talent, hard work too time consuming
But being able to work hard is the greatest talent.

To quote something I read once.

"Talent" is all a matter of how much work and effort you put into something. If there's any such thing as "natural talent", then it's just a matter of someone being born with more passion for something.
Keep at it!
Mythras
wtb your motivation, I need some adderall, i'll catch you in 1 day!
Holorin
If I have the time I would train madly too. But too sad for me, I got a lot of works and studying to do.
I only play 4 sessions a week, 2 hours each :(
Have been playing for 2 months but still can FC a song > 3.5 stars :(
nrl

Zealtron wrote:

To quote something I read once.

"Talent" is all a matter of how much work and effort you put into something. If there's any such thing as "natural talent", then it's just a matter of someone being born with more passion for something.
Keep at it!
While a nice sentiment, that quote isn't accurate at all.
Zealtron

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

While a nice sentiment, that quote isn't accurate at all.
How so? Besides things like physical limitations that is.
nrl
Because some people are just naturally good at certain things. You really think glorious lord and master cookie was #1 for so long and by such a wide margin solely because he worked harder than everyone else?
Zealtron

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Because some people are just naturally good at certain things. You really think glorious lord and master cookie was #1 for so long and by such a wide margin solely because he worked harder than everyone else?
To some extent I do.

It is true Cookiezi was leagues ahead of everyone else, however, I believe there were a variety of factors that made it that way and not just because he was naturally better/talented.
Zare
Ask runners that struggled for dozens of years to beat Usain Bolt but never did, despite their passion and hard work, about this talent thing

We had this discussion MANY times in the past and most people seem to agree that natural talent idneed is a thing, and that, while someone without it can still be awesome, they will have close to zero chances of beating someone who puts in just as much effort, but already has that kind of natural talent
Valdyr
^Which is basically what everyone needs to understand. Talent without effort is wasted talent, but a person who understands that talent is only a tool that helps exceed results of work and practice gets to be good and gets to be noticed as such.
YukinoDesuDesu

Zare wrote:

Ask runners that struggled for dozens of years to beat Usain Bolt but never did, despite their passion and hard work, about this talent thing

We had this discussion MANY times in the past and most people seem to agree that natural talent idneed is a thing, and that, while someone without it can still be awesome, they will have close to zero chances of beating someone who puts in just as much effort, but already has that kind of natural talent
then they should go run marathons
Mythras
nobody knows how much cookiezi practiced, he played offline too. Also, cookiezi is berserker!

Typemoon wiki talking about berserker ---->"As technique is something humans invented to compensate for their weaknesses, it is unnecessary for him because he has no weaknesses." This is cookiezi xD
GoldenWolf

VioletMaid wrote:

nobody knows how much cookiezi practiced, he played offline too. Also, cookiezi is berserker!

Typemoon wiki talking about berserker ---->"As technique is something humans invented to compensate for their weaknesses, it is unnecessary for him because he has no weaknesses." This is cookiezi xD
Hey that's almost true, the guy played with aero on for ages while still performing better than pretty much anyone else at the time after all
winber1
the road to cookiezi-tier has yet again become the road of cookiezi
Vuelo Eluko
cookiezi weakness was high bpm streams
GoldenWolf

Riince wrote:

cookiezi weakness was high bpm streams
hence why it's almost true, he wasn't berserker enough
SnowflakeStreet
Is it really just "playing more"?

I've been playing quite a bit and I feel like I haven't really improved at all since 5k plays ago
GoldenWolf

SnowflakeStreet wrote:

Is it really just "playing more"?

I've been playing quite a bit and I feel like I haven't really improved at all since 5k plays ago
more exactly, playing more challenging stuff*
playing easy all day won't make you better at insanes yo
XGeneral2000

GoldenWolf wrote:

Hey that's almost true, the guy played with aero on for ages while still performing better than pretty much anyone else at the time after all
Is there any other purpose of disabling aero besides eliminating lag (for users with low-end graphics cards, I'm guessing)? I've got it enabled because I like the appearance, but I don't really notice any lag in-game.
nrl

XGeneral2000 wrote:

Is there any other purpose of disabling aero besides eliminating lag (for users with low-end graphics cards, I'm guessing)? I've got it enabled because I like the appearance, but I don't really notice any lag in-game.
Eliminating lag is kind of important.
GoldenWolf
Doesn't matter how strong you computer is, aero will cause some huge ass input lag (ok maybe not THAT big, but clearly a noticeable difference)
I can immediately tell the difference between aero on and off though
Zare
everyone who has used a mouse or tablet for more than 2 minutes can notice that
show more