forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
nooblet
Just curious, have you tried HD yet? If not, you could consider trying to play a bit of HD if you don't mind not FCing something on a daily basis.

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Alternate. For. Maximum. Flow.
Alternate everything already 8-) yeee
nrl
I agree with nublet, HD should be part off your repertoire.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

nooblet wrote:

Just curious, have you tried HD yet? If not, you could consider trying to play a bit of HD if you don't mind not FCing something on a daily basis.

Alternate everything already 8-) yeee

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

I agree with nublet, HD should be part off your repertoire.

Still too early~ (in my honest opinion)

It's all a work in progress. We'll all just have to wait and see~
nrl
HD isn't hard. I started it shortly after AR10, didn't take more than a few days to get the hang of.
Vuelo Eluko

Woobowiz wrote:

If anyone knows some good old (AND FUN) maps, then I'm all for trying them out (but if they're AR 8, I'll end up trying to DT)

Today's FC goes out to all the people talking shit about me saying "You can't play jump maps with flow" (although I snapped a little in the beginning)

hey, my DT score makes a cameo on the left
i only tried it once after it got ranked but you make it look easy maybe i should try again

i wish i had supporter...
tokaku

Woobowiz wrote:

If anyone knows some good old (AND FUN) maps, then I'm all for trying them out (but if they're AR 8, I'll end up trying to DT)

Today's FC goes out to all the people talking shit about me saying "You can't play jump maps with flow" (although I snapped a little in the beginning)

But I always flow when I jump :o
Mythras

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

HD isn't hard. I started it shortly after AR10, didn't take more than a few days to get the hang of.
i dunno man some people, even really good players just don't HD ever because its irritating.
nrl
It's much more frustrating on lower ARs, I'll grant you.
Vuelo Eluko
cookiezi hated hidden
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Riince wrote:

cookiezi hated hidden
Probably because he hates missing.

I hate HR more than HD at the moment, but that might change overtime when I actually become decent at AR 10 and OD 10

EDIT: There might not be much progress for the next few days, I picked up the anime Saki......
[-Cloud-]
And how you will become decent at AR10 and OD10 without actually playing HR? Don't forget, CS changes a lot.
Pacemaker

Riince wrote:

cookiezi hated hidden
Wrong. Regardless of what he said himself, he was the best at it and it's also what he was well known for during his first few years of osu.
GoldenWolf

Pacemaker wrote:

Riince wrote:

cookiezi hated hidden
Wrong. Regardless of what he said himself, he was the best at it and it's also what he was well known for during his first few years of osu.
So, if he said he hated hidden, he was wrong himself? gg logic
Pacemaker

GoldenWolf wrote:

So, if he said he hated hidden, he was wrong himself? gg logic
No, but he certaintly didn't mean it. Kinda like Sayo saying he doesn't have reading and still aims on Easy like he does on 10.3, that kind of thing.
GoldenWolf
That's two different things. One is being (maybe a bit too?) humble about his skill, the other being a matter of taste.
Why would you think someone who says they don't like hidden that they don't mean it?
Pacemaker

GoldenWolf wrote:

That's two different things. One is being (maybe a bit too?) humble about his skill, the other being a matter of taste.
Why would you think someone who says they don't like hidden that they don't mean it?
He was the best at it. You don't get good at something unless you play it, but you wouldn't have the motivation to play it if you didn't enjoy it at least a bit. And why the hell do we have to discuss that anyway? Like it matters lol
nrl
Can anyone really be "the best" at hidden? It's barely even a mod.
Pettanko

Pacemaker wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

He was the best at it. You don't get good at something unless you play it, but you wouldn't have the motivation to play it if you didn't enjoy it at least a bit. And why the hell do we have to discuss that anyway? Like it matters lol
his motivation was that he wanted to get the maximum amount of points to get the #1 rank on a map and if other people used the hidden mod alongside hr or dt then it means he has to do the same. it doesn't mean he enjoyed playing with hidden mod

but the real question here is: who cares?
Coffee Hero

Woobowiz wrote:

Riince wrote:

cookiezi hated hidden
Probably because he hates missing.

I hate HR more than HD at the moment, but that might change overtime when I actually become decent at AR 10 and OD 10

EDIT: There might not be much progress for the next few days, I picked up the anime Saki......
You will NOT get better at HR or HD without actually playing them
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Pettanko wrote:

I have delicious burgers
got 3300pp

Shirokami- wrote:

You will NOT get better at HR or HD without actually playing them
Not now Dx
In my honest opinion, there's no need to learn it just yet.

Since I'm #TVSizeMasterRace I only gained 4 pp from the pp changes :D
Mythras
i think cookiezi only played HD when he wanted the top rank on the map, just because he was good at it and did it alot doesn't mean he liked it. I don't like going to work either but I do it anyways lol.
Vuelo Eluko

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Can anyone really be "the best" at hidden? It's barely even a mod.
GoldenWolf

Pacemaker wrote:

He was the best at it.
He wasn't though

Pettanko wrote:

but the real question here is: Who?*
fixed
Mythras
Isn't WW considered the most adept at reading HD?
Vuelo Eluko

VioletMaid wrote:

I think WW is considered the most adept at reading period. Although you could argue rrtyui is better.
Toadsworth

Riince wrote:

VioletMaid wrote:

I think WW is considered the most adept at reading period. Although you could argue rrtyui is better.
WW is amazing at reading, but MillhioreF is far better at reading.
Vuelo Eluko
Well, at reading EZ, I'd have to agree. But there's more to reading than EZ. Reading EZ and reading hard to read maps require a similar but very different method. EZ as i understand is more of keeping track of what to hit next on a screen full of hit objects and knowing what to hit next and somehow discerning a tangled mess of approach circles. Hard to read maps are discerning the patterns and movement required on maps with difficult overlap and understanding complicated beats.
Toadsworth

Riince wrote:

Well, at reading EZ, I'd have to agree. But there's more to reading than EZ. Reading EZ and reading hard to read maps require a similar but very different method. EZ as i understand is more of keeping track of what to hit next on a screen full of hit objects and knowing what to hit next and somehow discerning a tangled mess of approach circles. Hard to read maps are discerning the patterns and movement required on maps with difficult overlap and understanding complicated beats.
But learning to read EZ on high BPM songs is far harder than learning to read a hard to read map.
Vuelo Eluko

DatPenguinTho wrote:

Riince wrote:

But learning to read EZ on high BPM songs is far harder than learning to read a hard to read map.
even so its a different method of reading
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
Nothing much new today

I replayed a few maps for higher accuracy, ended up gaining 45 pp in total

Also, FCed Hiatus, I don't quite remember if I made a promise to FC it before summer, but....well there it is.
Vuelo Eluko
all that "training"
Martell_old_1
AR8 DT TVSize training ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Riince wrote:

all that "training"
It's just me returning to maps I used to train on and FCing them to prove to myself how much I improved.

Also :
Holorin
Hmm been lurking around for quite long, since this thread was like 10 pages. And now I just want to say "Wow" At first I didn't think u could even reach 4 numbers. But you constantly surprised me how fast u have come through. Seriously, that PP graph is insane :)
I'm just a 60k filthy scrub, but imo, u still have a very long way to become the Cookiezi of 2 years ago. But still, good luck on the journey ;)
Bim

Oppai Neko wrote:

Hmm been lurking around for quite long, since this thread was like 10 pages. And now I just want to say "Wow" At first I didn't think u could even reach 4 numbers. But you constantly surprised me how fast u have come through. Seriously, that PP graph is insane :)
I'm just a 60k filthy scrub, but imo, u still have a very long way to become the Cookiezi of 2 years ago. But still, good luck on the journey ;)
you do realize that the only reason he's improving so fast is mainly because he's playing a crapload everyday, look at that play history, it nearly spiked to 8000 and is constantly sitting at 5000
qwr

Biman wrote:

Oppai Neko wrote:

you do realize that the only reason he's improving so fast is mainly because he's playing a crapload everyday, look at that play history, it nearly spiked to 8000 and is constantly sitting at 5000
So what

I don't think that makes it any less impressive, it just means he works harder

inb4 revived playcount vs. skill level argument
Zealtron

Woobowiz wrote:

LF > Talent, hard work too time consuming
But being able to work hard is the greatest talent.

To quote something I read once.

"Talent" is all a matter of how much work and effort you put into something. If there's any such thing as "natural talent", then it's just a matter of someone being born with more passion for something.
Keep at it!
Mythras
wtb your motivation, I need some adderall, i'll catch you in 1 day!
Holorin
If I have the time I would train madly too. But too sad for me, I got a lot of works and studying to do.
I only play 4 sessions a week, 2 hours each :(
Have been playing for 2 months but still can FC a song > 3.5 stars :(
nrl

Zealtron wrote:

To quote something I read once.

"Talent" is all a matter of how much work and effort you put into something. If there's any such thing as "natural talent", then it's just a matter of someone being born with more passion for something.
Keep at it!
While a nice sentiment, that quote isn't accurate at all.
show more