forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
Top Bunk
Sometimes it's simpler to learn a portion of the skills, and then learn the other portions later as you go on. Might take longer that way, but with how fast Woobowiz has been progressing, he could pick up on it quickly enough if or whenever he chooses to. So I don't really see the point in discussing the matter of play style, even if it's off from Cookiezi. Cookiezi is just a matter of inspiration after all, doesn't mean he has to follow all the same exact steps to reach the goal. But that's just how I see it. Gotta give props to Woobowiz either way, even if stalking this thread always reminds me of how much I suck and have the need to cry in a corner.
Pettanko
i thought this thread was called "the road to cookiezi-tier"

and not "the road to sayo tier"

jk no flamerino pls
JonQuy

Woobowiz wrote:

snip
What I've been doing, after feeling like AR9 has been getting stale, is going back and making "practice ar10" maps by going into the editor and saving a map as a new difficulty with AR10 (though always play through the original at least once). This prevents me from actually having to improve by using HR.
Vuelo Eluko

JonQuy wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

snip
What I've been doing, after feeling like AR9 has been getting stale, is going back and making "practice ar10" maps by going into the editor and saving a map as a new difficulty with AR10 (though always play through the original at least once). This prevents me from actually having to improve by using HR.
AR10 is the most inconsequential aspect of what HR teaches you though. The most significant being accuracy and to a lesser extent aim. That's like playing FL to get a better handle on followpoints. It's more of a side effect than the reason you'd play it.
JonQuy

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

AR10 is the most inconsequential aspect of what HR teaches you though. The most significant being accuracy and to a lesser extent aim. That's like playing FL to get a better handle on followpoints. It's more of a side effect than the reason you'd play it.
Yeah, this is what I meant when I said, "This prevents me from actually having to improve by using HR."
Martell_old_1
I'm not sure if you dude want to be as good as cookiezi, or have as much pp as he (would have if his acc was alive) via farming dt all the day.
Neither is doable though
Vuelo Eluko

JonQuy wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Yeah, this is what I meant when I said, "This prevents me from actually having to improve by using HR."
i interpreted it as you not having to improve by using HR as in, you're improving without using it. Which I'd disagree with. I don't think there's much benefit to just making a map you can already play well AR10
JonQuy

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

i interpreted it as you not having to improve by using HR as in, you're improving without using it. Which I'd disagree with. I don't think there's much benefit to just making a map you can already play well AR10
The benefit is fun (I don't really play to get ranks) and epeen when you go to your hard spamming friends and say you play AR10 kek.
Martell_old_1

JonQuy wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

The benefit is fun (I don't really play to get ranks) and epeen when you go to your hard spamming friends and say you play AR10 kek.
Playing osu! for fun?
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
As an alternative argument, why in the world would I want jump that much in difficulty so quickly?

I'm not THAT quick on picking up the game.

I would rather not jump straight from AR 9 to AR 10 and OD 7/8 to OD 10. DT is a good middleman with AR 9.6 and slightly boosted OD.
Eventually I'll get around AR 10 and HR and it'll end up in a progression as linear as when I first started playing. I'll definitely try to further +1 or +2 this by then progressing to AR 10.3 (AR 9 + DT) and then finally AR 11 (HR + DT), but that is a LONG ways away.

It's as if people expect me to become Cookiezi overnight saying stuff like "I thought you were trying to get on Cookiezi's level, you're just another Sayo".

There's gonna eventually be a limit to DT AR 9.6 maps that I can play for pp (roughly 210 or 220 pp from a decent play) and when that time comes, yeah I'll try as much as possible to understand how to play with Hard Rock (and when that time comes, expect a considerable downtime of 0 pp gains). But that time is not now.
Granger
Imo, you should do both at once, that 1. helps pervent skill decay. 2. Makes you improve in all areas at once. 3. Skips that frustating 0pp gains period where you struggle to FC anything.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
Autism central.
nrl

f i z i k wrote:

this is even more intense

holy guacamole
Disagree.
winber1
only camping is in tents guys

i don't know what you are talking about
nrl
play osu in tent becom cookiezi gaiz i find the secret!
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
.....tents? o-o
camping?

I'm lost '^'
YukinoDesuDesu
lol, "low ar disgusting" then how're ya gonna get cookiezi tier? by playing stuff as fast as possible wouldn't that be the road to sayonara-bye/dragonhuman tier xD
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Asiangodx2 wrote:

lol, "low ar disgusting" then how're ya gonna get cookiezi tier? by playing stuff as fast as possible wouldn't that be the road to sayonara-bye/dragonhuman tier xD
Low AR really is disgusting, it's not gonna make me better in anything except for reading that AR. (I'll tolerate anything as low as AR 8)

You might as well call it Road to MillhioreF-tier nstead (I ain't doing that shit)

If I wanted to play Low AR maps, I would play Hard and Normal difficulties or use EZ mod. I'll leave learning the tricky stuff until much later, right now as it is, I'm just an average player. It's in the same category as how I feel about Skystar maps. To me, it's a waste of effort and definitely something I can hold off learning until I get better at the game. I might as well spend my time learning how to do pen flipping if I wanted to learn more situational stuff.
Just2good

Woobowiz wrote:

Asiangodx2 wrote:

Low AR really is disgusting, it's not gonna make me better in anything except for reading that AR. (I'll tolerate anything as low as AR 8)

You might as well call it Road to MillhioreF-tier nstead (I ain't doing that shit)

If I wanted to play Low AR maps, I would play Hard and Normal difficulties or use EZ mod. I'll leave learning the tricky stuff until much later, right now as it is, I'm just an average player. It's in the same category as how I feel about Skystar maps. To me, it's a waste of effort and definitely something I can hold off learning until I get better at the game. I might as well spend my time learning how to do pen flipping if I wanted to learn more situational stuff.
I can pen flip like a pro, its not useless! ;-;
YukinoDesuDesu
fyi that map was just ar 8 hehe,
SPOILER
this isnt quite MillhioreF-tier that's more like this loool
DeletedUser_3905941
You should really play old maps when you want to, they're superior to newer maps in every way.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Just2good wrote:

I can pen flip like a pro, its not useless! ;-;
Mythras

RedPanda wrote:

You should really play old maps when you want to, they're superior to newer maps in every way.
You mean worse right?
DeletedUser_3905941

VioletMaid wrote:

RedPanda wrote:

You mean worse right?
I clearly wrote superior.
[-Cloud-]
You definitely learn2movement with old maps (DjPop <3)
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
If anyone knows some good old (AND FUN) maps, then I'm all for trying them out (but if they're AR 8, I'll end up trying to DT)

Today's FC goes out to all the people talking shit about me saying "You can't play jump maps with flow" (although I snapped a little in the beginning)

piruchan
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/243 This is old and fun. I can pass it (with worse than shitty accuracy). If you can SS this, I'll call you a god.
velia

Woobowiz wrote:

If anyone knows some good old (AND FUN) maps, then I'm all for trying them out (but if they're AR 8, I'll end up trying to DT)
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/12483
DT please
nrl

Woobowiz wrote:

Today's FC goes out to all the people talking shit about me saying "You can't play jump maps with flow" (although I snapped a little in the beginning)

Is that really a jump map though?
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Is that really a jump map though?
Idk, kinda felt like one, I guess I can really only consider "jumps" as cross screen nowadays @_@
nrl
Jump map with flow. Alternate it for maximum flowage.
Vuelo Eluko

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Jump map with flow. Alternate it for maximum flowage.
but its consistently a singletap map
flow is to alternating as it is to diarrhea
or post nasal drip
nrl
Alternate. For. Maximum. Flow.
nooblet
Just curious, have you tried HD yet? If not, you could consider trying to play a bit of HD if you don't mind not FCing something on a daily basis.

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Alternate. For. Maximum. Flow.
Alternate everything already 8-) yeee
nrl
I agree with nublet, HD should be part off your repertoire.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

nooblet wrote:

Just curious, have you tried HD yet? If not, you could consider trying to play a bit of HD if you don't mind not FCing something on a daily basis.

Alternate everything already 8-) yeee

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

I agree with nublet, HD should be part off your repertoire.

Still too early~ (in my honest opinion)

It's all a work in progress. We'll all just have to wait and see~
nrl
HD isn't hard. I started it shortly after AR10, didn't take more than a few days to get the hang of.
Vuelo Eluko

Woobowiz wrote:

hey, my DT score makes a cameo on the left
i only tried it once after it got ranked but you make it look easy maybe i should try again

i wish i had supporter...
tokaku

Woobowiz wrote:

But I always flow when I jump :o
Mythras

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

HD isn't hard. I started it shortly after AR10, didn't take more than a few days to get the hang of.
i dunno man some people, even really good players just don't HD ever because its irritating.
show more