The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
[-Cloud-]

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

[-Cloud-] wrote:

High OD will scratch his motivation.
OD was by far the easiest part of the HR transition for me.
If you have problems with AR and CS, your accuracy will suffer automatically what means OD will pretty much wreck your accuracy.

Seems like you have still some problems with High OD though.
High OD is hard to learn and even harder to master.
But the most people will struggle with AR and CS the most, gotta agree with that.
xasuma
Interesting.. OD is bad to me :(

Oh, and if you want to learn ar10, play at 10.33 for 20 minutes each day, and immediately after play ar10.
Just do it. Even if you feel like an idiot.
Kaeru

LegitPotatoXD wrote:

Cookiezi is on a separate level. Cookiezi is the best player Osu! ever had.
Even in the next 5-10 years, no one can gain the level Cookiezi once had.
Every little thing he does adds up to how good he is.

Not criticising your play. But "The Road to Cookiezi-Tier" is too convincing.
Fan boy much? He was an amazing player, but he's not THAT good. It only takes around 2 to 3 years to get to Cookiezi level, with enough work. Have you seen some of rrtyui's plays, for example? He could outdo Cookiezi in the next year if he tried hard enough. Without a doubt. Of course, the more dedicated you are, the quicker the process. Cookiezi is not some kind of superhuman alien.

xasuma wrote:

Oh, and if you want to learn ar10, play at 10.33 for 20 minutes each day, and immediately after play ar10.
I do this, except I play AR 11 and then AR 10.3. Works great. If you don't have any AR 11 maps I highly recommend getting some.
buny

Kaeru wrote:

LegitPotatoXD wrote:

Cookiezi is on a separate level. Cookiezi is the best player Osu! ever had.
Even in the next 5-10 years, no one can gain the level Cookiezi once had.
Every little thing he does adds up to how good he is.

Not criticising your play. But "The Road to Cookiezi-Tier" is too convincing.
Fan boy much? He was an amazing player, but he's not THAT good. It only takes around 2 to 3 years to get to Cookiezi level, with enough work. Have you seen some of rrtyui's plays, for example? He could outdo Cookiezi in the next year if he tried hard enough. Without a doubt. Of course, the more dedicated you are, the quicker the process. Cookiezi is not some kind of superhuman alien.

xasuma wrote:

I do this, except I play AR 11 and then AR 10.3. Works great. If you don't have any AR 11 maps I highly recommend getting some.
The most impressive thing about cookiezi, was how fast he improved and how fast he became top player in his time.
I'm certain he had the most influence on the average skill level of the player base - kind of like the zyzz of osu, really.
Maskless

Kaeru wrote:

If it only takes 2 to 3 years, why is no-one as good as Cookiezi? Are you saying the top players aren't putting in enough work?

Also Woobowiz, I think you are going to burn yourself out if you keep playing as much as you do just now. I'm speaking from personal experience here.
Vuelo Eluko

Maskless wrote:

Kaeru wrote:

If it only takes 2 to 3 years, why is no-one as good as Cookiezi? Are you saying the top players aren't putting in enough work?

Also Woobowiz, I think you are going to burn yourself out if you keep playing as much as you do just now. I'm speaking from personal experience here.
he may burn out, he may not. Most do. Cookiezi didn't. That's the point of the thread is his attempt to emulate that.
Rewben2

Maskless wrote:

Kaeru wrote:

Well, reaching Cookiezi's playtime (which is a bit hard to gauge because he was an offline player and apparently multi-accounted too) in 2-3 years is achievable. It would mean playing many hours each day, every day for the duration of the 2-3 years though, which I really can't say any of the top players have done. I mean, have a look at the play history of some of the top players. For every profile there's large differences in time played varying from month to month. None of them consistently played lots, it varies. So no, I can't say that the top players are putting in enough work because the required amount of work is insane.

I'd say it is possible to get to his status in 2-3 years but you'd need to literally have no life outside of osu!, lol. It would require dedication that I can't say any other player has shown.
xasuma
I'll do it.
Vuelo Eluko

xasuma wrote:

I'll do it.
k
RaneFire

Maskless wrote:

Kaeru wrote:

Cookiezi was a pioneer. It isn't just about beating him by a fraction. It's about becoming the new pioneer.

Every game has a guy that's so far away in the distance, in terms of skill, which not a single person can catch. Since he's stopped playing for quite a while, overtaking him and becoming the new pioneer is possible, but to do that, someone needs to wipe the floor with Cookiezi's ass to get the message across that there is now someone else who can lead the perceived skill limit of osu! in new directions.

That's what people remember him for. What he played decided what was possible for everyone else. Right now everyone is just playing catch-up. Few are treading where Cookiezi hasn't already been, and certainly don't have as impressive all-round skills at the same time.

rrtyui has certainly come close to doing that, but a lot of people are still not convinced, which means he didn't quite make it to being the pioneer yet, before he stopped actively playing.

The "road to Cookiezi-Tier" could thus be defined as "Cookiezi as a pioneer," not just his technical level of skills in osu!
Maskless

Rewben2 wrote:

Well, reaching Cookiezi's playtime (which is a bit hard to gauge because he was an offline player and apparently multi-accounted too) in 2-3 years is achievable. It would mean playing many hours each day, every day for the duration of the 2-3 years though, which I really can't say any of the top players have done. I mean, have a look at the play history of some of the top players. For every profile there's large differences in time played varying from month to month. None of them consistently played lots, it varies. So no, I can't say that the top players are putting in enough work because the required amount of work is insane.

I'd say it is possible to get to his status in 2-3 years but you'd need to literally have no life outside of osu!, lol. It would require dedication that I can't say any other player has shown.
The point I'm trying to make is that anyone can say, "I can become as good Cookiezi. All I have to is practice hard enough." When the reality is, no-one will. Not any time soon anyway.
Rewben2

Maskless wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

The point I'm trying to make is that anyone can say, "I can become as good Cookiezi. All I have to is practice hard enough." When the reality is, no-one will. Not any time soon anyway.
Exactly. Almost anyone can become a top tier player with effort, putting the effort in is another story though.
nrl

[-Cloud-] wrote:

I'm not the most accurate player around, but that doesn't mean I have, or have ever had, problems with high OD, it just means I'm not the most accurate player around. AR and CS both had very significant adjustment periods, but I never consciously noticed the OD increase.

And I think it's kind of funny that you point out those three scores instead of the numerous HDHR scores I have below 96%.
[-Cloud-]

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

[-Cloud-] wrote:

I'm not the most accurate player around, but that doesn't mean I have, or have ever had, problems with high OD, it just means I'm not the most accurate player around. AR and CS both had very significant adjustment periods, but I never consciously noticed the OD increase.

And I think it's kind of funny that you point out those three scores instead of the numerous HDHR scores I have below 96%.
Just took a little look. You can still do things I can't do and it's kind of impressive to play HR on a constant base, keep it up.
Overall I agree with you. In the late run I think high OD is still harder tho.
cyfra_old
Why Cookiezi stop playing osu?

I watched few movies with him on yt, he was really great.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Freszol wrote:

Why Cookiezi stop playing osu?

I watched few movies with him on yt, he was really great.
There's a few different reasons/rumors I'm not entirely convinced by most of them. I like to go by my headcanon that after FCing Freedom Dive 4D he was due to ascend to the next dimension, but he wanted to live in our world just a little longer and one day just decided he can't delay it any longer.

Topic Starter
Woobowiz
Another update!

3000 pp and over 20k plays @_@

2 FC's that did it today.

winber1
200pp score now pls
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

winber1 wrote:

200pp score now pls
Getting there, just need more training >.<
Noobsicle
grats on #420 in US!
Pettanko

Noobsicle wrote:

grats on #420 in US!
OP please change your name to Weedowiz
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Pettanko wrote:

Noobsicle wrote:

grats on #420 in US!
I was considering Woobiezi if I ever make it into top 100
o_o;
Rewben2

Woobowiz wrote:

Pettanko wrote:

I was considering Woobiezi if I ever make it into top 100
o_o;
Sounds like a plan
Sophia
Weedowiz for now
Woobiezi for top 10
Rewben2

Dm1321 wrote:

Weedowiz for now
Woobiezi for top 10
Only 1 name change allowed unless you have a good reason
Varetyr
Just be yourself and become the one who outachieved Cookiezi.
Don't be a simple fanboy who somehow made it to the top.
winber1

Rewben2 wrote:

Dm1321 wrote:

Weedowiz for now
Woobiezi for top 10
Only 1 name change allowed unless you have a good reason
you don't understand how important this is
Ohrami

xasuma wrote:

Interesting.. OD is bad to me :(

If you want to learn AR 10, you should edit maps to have AR 7 CS 5 OD 10 and play those
Kaeru

Woobowiz wrote:

I was considering Woobiezi if I ever make it into top 100 o_o;
I thought you were aiming for Cookiezi tier? I think you should at least get to top 5 first, and then you'll be close. :P
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Kaeru wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

I was considering Woobiezi if I ever make it into top 100 o_o;
I thought you were aiming for Cookiezi tier? I think you should at least get to top 5 first, and then you'll be close. :P
I am, I just figured hitting top 100 (basically 6k pp) would be a nice checkpoiint to celebrate at.

Kaeru
I was just teasing. Top 100 is a really huge accomplishment. Sometimes I really feel like I will never make it there, yet I try so hard. I'm having so much trouble even getting to top 500.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Kaeru wrote:

I was just teasing. Top 100 is a really huge accomplishment. Sometimes I really feel like I will never make it there, yet I try so hard. I'm having so much trouble even getting to top 500.
As far as I know, it really is just all a mental thing.

If you at one point did something you regarded as "a miracle play" or something of the sort, then you know fully what you're capable of.

What I'm struggling every day is to take anxiety and nervousness by the balls and FC the maps I play.

It's become apparent in my recent videos with heart rate that it's 10% physical limitations and 90% mental limitations that are preventing me from the big pp plays.

If only I had some sort of medication for that sort of mental issue that's making me choke on FC's, but then that might go into the realm of unfair advantage because of drugs :(

(FC's are nowhere near as mentally damaging as the regret I have for not having a higher accuracy on my FC's....it just clings to the back of my head knowing some of my plays are worth over 180pp if I had better accuracy)

EDIT : The biggest offender to what I mean is probably what happened today. After I hit 3k pp I just casually woke up and played for a bit and suddenly popped out a 163 pp play (could have been 200+ pp if I SSed or something....). It's still a mystery on why I suddenly got that play, but the best explanation was that it was mental.
Ohrami
Why do you keep playing maps that you can FC and trying to get pp instead of playing maps you can barely pass (or maybe can't pass at all) but will improve rapidly with? It seems like if you're planning to ever surpass Cookiezi, that'd be the way to go.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Kyou-kun wrote:

Why do you keep playing maps that you can FC and trying to get pp instead of playing maps you can barely pass (or maybe can't pass at all) but will improve rapidly with? It seems like if you're planning to ever surpass Cookiezi, that'd be the way to go.
Who says I don't. o-O

Edit : I do both
Raniemi

Woobowiz wrote:

(FC's are nowhere near as mentally damaging as the regret I have for not having a higher accuracy on my FC's....it just clings to the back of my head knowing some of my plays are worth over 180pp if I had better accuracy)
(^^;)
winber1

Woobowiz wrote:

Kyou-kun wrote:

Who says I don't. o-O

Edit : I do both
The thing is that you don't seem to be trying to push your pp score boundaries that much right now. You say that you can't get 200pp, but you can at least try to top your best pp score right now! Something 180pp+ maybe (tbh if you just increased the accuracy of some of your plays you'd probably get 180pp lol)

More than 100% sure you can get a lot of 180pp scores without that much effort right now.

idk if you've heard of osu!trainer, but it's in the development section and can help you find some good songs for good pp.

yea i'm a pretty big hypocrite but this game is too hard so gg i am forever doomed to nooblordggville
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

winber1 wrote:

The thing is that you don't seem to be trying to push your pp score boundaries right now. You say that you can't get 200pp, but you can at least try to top your best pp score right now! Something 180pp+ maybe (tbh if you just increased the accuracy of some of your plays you'd probably get 180pp lol)

More than 100% sure you can get a lot of 180pp scores without that much effort right now.

idk if you've heard of osu!trainer, but it's in the development section and can help you find some good songs for good pp.

yea i'm a pretty big hypocrite but this game is too hard so gg i am forever doomed to nooblordggville
You're right on the aspect that I'm not pushing my pp boundaries. Last month, I considered a 120~ pp play was satisfactory. Today my standards have only risen to 140 pp plays as satisfactory. But clearly 150 pp is realistic and 160 plays are becoming common. 170 pp is definitely an option if I had better accuracy.

But to realistically raise my pp boundaries, I need to train more and improve my accuracy which at the moment is by training with Hard Rock and OD 10....and I'm absolutely miserable when I play with Hard Rock (HP Drain is NOT fair, and I don't want to use No-Fail).

Rant aside, I'm indeed working to find a few maps that yield that 160+ pp (I could re-FC my current maps for higher accuracy....but again....need training)

Also, osu!Trainer is a bit too brute force for my tastes and it just plagues my mind with mental walls. "If I get this accuracy on this song, I'll get that much pp" running through my mind constantly just makes me miss way too often.
Vuelo Eluko

Woobowiz wrote:

(HP Drain is NOT fair, and I don't want to use No-Fail).
to be clear, there's absolutely nothing wrong with using nofail that way. Cookiezi used to use it too. He used it during his earlier runs of Freedom Dive even.

Also you aren't getting anywhere harping on about PP this PP that every post. It's a completely secondary thing and will go up naturally as you improve. you should be aiming to get good fast and that means less fcs and more struggles.

maybe you are doing that already, but every new post is about your PP and latest FCs, i havent seen anything like "Just did pluto [challenge] and passed guys." or "i got my unstable rate down to X and now i can get Y accuracy on OD10" these are just examples but you know what i mean.

juuuuust trying to help
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

(HP Drain is NOT fair, and I don't want to use No-Fail).
to be clear, there's absolutely nothing wrong with using nofail that way. Cookiezi used to use it too. He used it during his earlier runs of Freedom Dive even.

Also you aren't getting anywhere harping on about PP this PP that every post. It's a completely secondary thing and will go up naturally as you improve. you should be aiming to get good fast and that means less fcs and more struggles.

maybe you are doing that already, but every new post is about your PP and latest FCs, i havent seen anything like "Just did pluto [challenge] and passed guys." or "i got my unstable rate down to X and now i can get Y accuracy on OD10" these are just examples but you know what i mean.
Passing hard maps is just training though :( I can't even properly identify which clears should be considered "impressive" in that matter.
But you are correct when you say that I'm getting a bit too into the details of pp. (I got caught up with it because I wanted 3k real bad).
Vuelo Eluko
impressive clear is anything you absolutely struggled to pass, obviously. think same way as FC's. i dont know what that would be for you so i just threw pluto in there because thats always impressive to clear. if you pass eighto or something definitely post it here.

make sure you're diverse enough in your map archetypes too, cookiezi nearly SS'd this one for example.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/13244
it's going to be too easy for you to end up more like dragonhuman tier or lewa tier or something if you don't keep everything up to par at once... not that there's anything wrong with that but yeah...not cookie

also my osu has been running for 8 hours u jelly
show more