forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
Pettanko

winber1 wrote:

i use an oven to cool my laptop and i can still play.

why would you need a better graphics card for osu i don't even
i heard a rumor that if your graphics card is strong enough the circles become 3-D
laref

Pettanko wrote:

winber1 wrote:

i use an oven to cool my laptop and i can still play.

why would you need a better graphics card for osu i don't even
i heard a rumor that if your graphics card is strong enough the circles become 3-D
I heard something like that too. It was the player that became a 3-D osu! circle though
xasuma

B1rd wrote:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2yngc51.jpg
With air cooling~~~ goml

if you limit your fps you will get like 3ms delay
there are plenty of factors that will affect your display response more than limitting the fps in game.

oh and Woobowiz, you dont need a new gpu. Not for osu at least. ^^
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
166 pp, please ignore the Man-child throwing a fit at the end :o :o :( :( :(
wildcookie
i dont see a point dting easy insanes and farming pp so much, good luck reaching cookiezi that way though
Mythras

wildcookie wrote:

i dont see a point dting easy insanes and farming pp so much, good luck reaching cookiezi that way though
eh, you know... i just passed him and i dont really DT anything, just do slightly more difficult insanes/extras/lunatics

IMO he's doing it the hard way lol, probably more like cookiezi did
Rewben2

wildcookie wrote:

So what, you expect him to be dting 270bpm ar10.3 or something? You need to start somewhere.
xasuma

Rewben2 wrote:

wildcookie wrote:

So what, you expect him to be dting 270bpm ar10.3 or something? You need to start somewhere.
I passed you dammit!
<3
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

Rewben2 wrote:

wildcookie wrote:

Playing ez maps with DT teaches you to play ez maps with DT, it doesn't teach you to aim spaced streams, read 1/8 or 1/4 slider spams, squares, stars or anything remotely "cookiezi-tier".
Rewben2

xasuma wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

I passed you dammit!
<3
rip

I'll get moar ranks some day

thedamntrain wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

Playing ez maps with DT teaches you to play ez maps with DT, it doesn't teach you to aim spaced streams, read 1/8 or 1/4 slider spams, squares, stars or anything remotely "cookiezi-tier".
I don't pay much attention to the guys streams and such but it looks like he's been practising a variety of maps
wildcookie

thedamntrain wrote:

exactly, getting lots of pp and going up the leaderboard that way doesnt mean everything, there are many people above and below his rank who aren't going for easy pp and are multiple times better than him..
Mythras

wildcookie wrote:

thedamntrain wrote:

exactly, getting lots of pp and going up the leaderboard that way doesnt mean everything, there are many people above and below his rank who aren't going for easy pp and are multiple times better than him..
eh, speed is an important skill too, dont have to learn everything in order
winber1
all you need to do is click circles and u gud son
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
The biggest reason on why I don't really have anymore difficult AR 9 maps uploaded is the fact that there's always the risk of copyright strikes and I wanna keep my 2 chances left until the first strike expires... and the paranoia gets to me.

Besides that, I would definitely try extremely hard to get an FC, but for now they're really only for smoothing out those rough areas of playing.
Akari-

wildcookie wrote:

let's be fair here, as an aim player that one little busters map with DT is really damn hard. sure you can blame luck but that doesn't change the fact that he got the play. he's not super overranked or anything imo

VioletMaid wrote:

eh, you know... i just passed him and i dont really DT anything, just do slightly more difficult insanes/extras/lunatics

IMO he's doing it the hard way lol, probably more like cookiezi did
most people would disagree with you there, nomod for the same pp as DT is so much harder i think
wildcookie

Akari- wrote:

let's be fair here, as an aim player that one little busters map with DT is really damn hard. sure you can blame luck but that doesn't change the fact that he got the play. he's not super overranked or anything imo
Oh please.. I don't argue that his consistency is quite impressive but that wont make him "cookiezi-tier", if you're talking about that map that he did with dt 1000x~ combo and missed at the end, it is nothing but a challenge of consistency. However, if it is the same map we're talking about here I didn't see "really damn hard" anywhere.
Full Tablet

wildcookie wrote:

Akari- wrote:

Oh please.. I don't argue that his consistency is quite impressive but that wont make him "cookiezi-tier", if you're talking about that map that he did with dt 1000x~ combo and missed at the end, it is nothing but a challenge of consistency. However, if it is the same map we're talking about here I didn't see "really damn hard" anywhere.
This is the map he was referring to: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/362949?m=0
Mythras

Akari- wrote:

most people would disagree with you there, nomod for the same pp as DT is so much harder i think
Yeah I'm starting to notice that looking through similarly ranked players... I should practice DT
Akari-

Full Tablet wrote:

wildcookie wrote:

ye that one

it certainly doesn't make him cookiezi tier (but that's the final goal and it'll take years more to obtain, most likely) but it also isn't an easy enough play that he should be called overranked, which was the other thing you were arguing
Pettanko
OP what is that heart rate monitor you're using? it looks pretty cool and i wanna get one too if it's not too expensive
wildcookie

Akari- wrote:

Full Tablet wrote:

ye that one

it certainly doesn't make him cookiezi tier (but that's the final goal and it'll take years more to obtain, most likely) but it also isn't an easy enough play that he should be called overranked, which was the other thing you were arguing
there is only one hard part which is a very small part. You can pass the song about 15times and memorize that one part and voila. There are plenty of high rewarding easy dt songs, I'm not really trying to be offensive, just want to point out the facts and im not saying that he's overranked but i think he is quite far from the skill that people around his rank have.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

wildcookie wrote:

there is only one hard part which is a very small part. You can pass the song about 15times and memorize that one part and voila. There are plenty of high rewarding easy dt songs, I'm not really trying to be offensive, just want to point out the facts and im not saying that he's overranked but i think he is quite far from the skill that people around his rank have.
I think pp/rank in general is a very stupid way of trying to measure your actual skill, you can whore your way to top 1k by playing DTHD hards, which says enough.

e: Not saying that it's any less creditable than non-DT top 1k, but look at sayo/harucchi, I'm sure everybody knows who's the better player
Vuelo Eluko
play more lesjuh maps

thedamntrain wrote:

e: Not saying that it's any less creditable than non-DT top 1k, but look at sayo/harucchi, I'm sure everybody knows who's the better player
harucchi = rrtyui? or some random 71k player i found?
clearly sayo is better where it matters.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

play more lesjuh maps

thedamntrain wrote:

harucchi = rrtyui? or some random 71k player i found?
clearly sayo is better where it matters.
Please just leave.
xasuma

wildcookie wrote:

And How would you know that he is "quite far from the skill that people around his rank have" ? I don't see you at his rank, nor having concrete proof of that.

and @thedamntrain : pp ranking is what we have to measure skill, acknowledged by everyone who plays osu. If you disagree with its accuracy, that a story for another thread. If you don't like/acknowledge speed that's just your opinion. Dont force it upon others.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

xasuma wrote:

and @thedamntrain : pp ranking is what we have to measure skill, acknowledged by everyone who plays osu. If you disagree with its accuracy, that a story for another thread. If you don't like/acknowledge speed that's just your opinion. Dont force it upon others.
Don't try to be a smartass, if you honestly think that being able to farm short HDDT maps > versatility of stamina, aim and speed then

thedamntrain wrote:

Please just leave.
I don't even understand what you're trying to say about acknowledging speed. Rrtyui beats sayo in this department as well, if that's what you're saying.
Vuelo Eluko

xasuma wrote:

wildcookie wrote:

And How would you know that he is "quite far from the skill that people around his rank have" ? I don't see you at his rank, nor having concrete proof of that.

some people just get really passionate with their fanboyism. it's really not worth replying to it.
xasuma
Yeah, what the actual idiot..
Just don't post on this thread if you are coming to criticize people from playing what they want to play. rrtyui has NOTHING to do in this conversation btw.

Everyone plays whatever they want, again, don't impose your opinion on anybody else.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

xasuma wrote:

Yeah, what the actual idiot..
Just don't post on this thread if you are coming to criticize people from playing what they want to play. rrtyui has NOTHING to do in this conversation btw.

Everyone plays whatever they want, again, don't impose your opinion on anybody else.
I've not once tried to tell him what he should play, if so, please do point out where. Only thing I've stated that to be "Cookiezi-tier" (the very topic and motive behind this discussion, if anybody still remembers that), a big deal of versatility is required. Cookiezi was regarded for his accuracy, speed, aim, stamina and reading, DT has just one of these factors: speed.

So no, saying something such as "Everyone plays whatever they want" in a thread titled as "The Road to Cookiezi-Tier" is utterly naive, and as such this thread would be called "The road to farming DT maps"
[-Cloud-]
It's funny, how people think the Topplayers became like this with going instant in hardcore maps and not step by step to their current level.
winber1
I doubt cookiezi gave one shit about thinking how to improve.

instead he became cookiezi because he was a badass motherfker who decided to be cool B-) B-) B-) B-)

i however decided to be a fag B-)
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

[-Cloud-] wrote:

It's funny, how people think the Topplayers became like this with going instant in hardcore maps and not step by step to their current level.
What's your point? Is it so difficult to grasp that you're better off playing a wide variety of maps and mods, instead of limiting yourself to strictly one mod.

I swear this game has one of the most retarded communities I've ever stumbled across.
[-Cloud-]

thedamntrain wrote:

[-Cloud-] wrote:

What's your point? Is it so difficult to grasp that you're better off playing a wide variety of maps and mods, instead of limiting yourself to strictly one mod.

I swear this game has one of the most retarded communities I've ever stumbled across.
And you are the best example why.
Stop shitting on people who are not improving like in the way you think should be the best. Atleast he's faster and better in terms of Aim than you, while he has 10k PC less. He never said he gonna stick with DT now forever, so calm your tits melvin.
Vuelo Eluko

[-Cloud-] wrote:

'Atleast he's faster and better in terms of Aim than you, while he has 10k PC less.
Pettanko

[-Cloud-] wrote:

thedamntrain wrote:

And you are the best example why.
Stop shitting on people who are not improving like in the way you think should be the best. Atleast he's faster and better in terms of Aim than you, while he has 10k PC less. He never said he gonna stick with DT now forever, so calm your tits melvin.
Rewben2
^^lol

thedamntrain wrote:

[-Cloud-] wrote:

It looks like you completely ignored what I said earlier...

Rewben2 wrote:

I don't pay much attention to the guys streams and such but it looks like he's been practising a variety of maps
Look at the front page, the guys been playing dt for 2 weeks apparently.
Vuelo Eluko
im speccing him right now and hes playing stuff like muteki no soldier so...
train needs to pull his hand out of his ass and smell the farts
winber1
his farts are probably igniting cuz of the burns though
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Pettanko wrote:

OP what is that heart rate monitor you're using? it looks pretty cool and i wanna get one too if it's not too expensive
eh...pretty expensive, you need a Zephyr HxM heart rate monitor and use a program called Cardia

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

im speccing him right now and hes playing stuff like muteki no soldier so...
train needs to pull his hand out of his ass and smell the farts
Don't forget to mention I got to 25% on Freedom Dive ^^

It was a proud moment
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
Man those tumblr gifs really showed me. I better never again say anything negative lest I want to have hardcore osu masters coming to stalk my profile and telling me they're better than me. It really hurts deep inside.
show more