posted
Total Posts
show more
EcksDee
Turn on your keystroke monitor thing pls
Rewben2

EcksDee wrote:

Turn on your keystroke monitor thing pls
It's called key overlay, and yeah, I would like to see that.
Kanye West
12k rank after 3 months of tablet play isn't impressive. And his best score is chase the light lol.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
Had fun training today, hit 2210 pp, maybe I should train more so I can burst into 3k pp, rather than get there slowly xD

"The Choke Life Pt. 3" shatters my heart into little pieces

Topic Starter
Woobowiz
I was gonna train a lot today, but I had the wild idea to make one final change to my tablet area and go Full-tablet area.

Took several beatmaps to adjust to the change, but after I adjusted, boy did it feel nice and aiming got a lot easier by some black magic.

After that I got side tracked and farmed more pp instead of trained :? :? :?

But I hit the 11k rankings! and 1k for USA

But I had plenty of FC's today you can count on that.
Maskless
Here's a challenge for you: Remote Control by Saiya on insane. A guy I watch on youtube FC'd it within 3 months of playing.
EcchiMeister
do you try HR and/or HD on doable insane maps ?
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Maskless wrote:

Here's a challenge for you: Remote Control by Saiya on insane. A guy I watch on youtube FC'd it within 3 months of playing.
It is entirely possible for me right now, but the time invested to pp/experience ratio might not be worth it overall.

That being said, I'll definitely consider it, today I was actually planning on getting a higher acc on my Space Accelerator FC @_@

EcchiMeister wrote:

do you try HR and/or HD on doable insane maps ?
HD yes, not HR though, I can't read AR 10+ well
nrl

Woobowiz wrote:

the time invested to pp/experience ratio might not be worth it overall.
There's a very hefty chunk of pp waiting for you if you FC it.
kuur0

Kanye West wrote:

12k rank after 3 months of tablet play isn't impressive. And his best score is chase the light lol.
maybe you are just jealous
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

the time invested to pp/experience ratio might not be worth it overall.
There's a very hefty chunk of pp waiting for you if you FC it.
That is true, but I can't seem to get the intro down with out skipping a note at the moment, so I guess I'm still not good enough to FC it.

On another note, I played about 9-10 hours today and sky rocketed to 2324 pp ^^
I'm too tired to find the FC of the day, but I'll try to find a good one tomorrow morning.

Kirai- wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

It's fine if he wants to speak his mind, but I really appreciate you sticking up for me ^^ (if you are)
Karuta-_old_1
I'd say he's better than me now in terms of accuracy
kuur0

Kirai- wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

It's fine if he wants to speak his mind, but I really appreciate you sticking up for me ^^ (if you are)
lolz, I just dislike it when someone is being an ass to others. Just play at your own pace and continue ignoring criticizem like you have been.
f i z i k

Kirai- wrote:

lolz, I just dislike it when someone is being an ass to others. Just play at your own pace and continue ignoring criticizem like you have been. But damn I wish I could get as much time ro play as you lolz.
"You are jealous" is the dumbest "sticking up I've seen. Jealous why? Kanye can't turn back time and magically restart,and now he's stuck being a lot better. This thread is just mostly about "look at me I'm not top 5 but I want people to watch me!",imagine everyone making a progress thread and we'd be done with this forum. Kanye is right though,I've seen people become a lot better after 3 months. Or rather at his playcount.
Ayesha Altugle

The choke life is real pt. 2 won't load
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

vahn10 wrote:

The choke life is real pt. 2 won't load

And I got a copyright strike! :D

Isn't that a bitch?
kuur0

f i z i k wrote:

Kirai- wrote:

lolz, I just dislike it when someone is being an ass to others. Just play at your own pace and continue ignoring criticizem like you have been. But damn I wish I could get as much time ro play as you lolz.
"You are jealous" is the dumbest "sticking up I've seen. Jealous why? Kanye can't turn back time and magically restart,and now he's stuck being a lot better. This thread is just mostly about "look at me I'm not top 5 but I want people to watch me!",imagine everyone making a progress thread and we'd be done with this forum. Kanye is right though,I've seen people become a lot better after 3 months. Or rather at his playcount.
Ok.
TheVileOne
You're going to get a lot more copyright strikes if you keep uploading videos to osu! Consider uploading to a site that doesn't care about copyright.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

TheVileOne wrote:

You're going to get a lot more copyright strikes if you keep uploading videos to osu! Consider uploading to a site that doesn't care about copyright.
Any recommendations?

Also.....I played so much today (I think 12 hours?)

2360 pp, almost 4 digit ranking @_@

Also....wrist got a bit bruised from playing so long xD
Vuelo Eluko

TheVileOne wrote:

or start playing doubletime only :)
takaharrue
Can you share with me how you manage 9-10 hours a day? I can barely play 1 hour without starting to make dumb mistakes and not being able to play anything
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

takaharrue wrote:

Can you share with me how you manage 9-10 hours a day? I can barely play 1 hour without starting to make dumb mistakes and not being able to play anything
It's really a mindset thing. You notice your "dumb" mistakes (they're not) a lot more than your good play, but in reality you could be making equal if not more good plays than bad plays but unfortunately bad plays have a much higher impact, especially when trying to FC.

Try to shrug off the miss or slider break you might get upset from, if it happens over and over again though, I would advise playing a different map to prevent yourself from tilting.

Unfortunately for me, I don't really follow my own advice (as seen in my signature). But when I follow my own advice, it really helps a lot with consistency.
Coffee Hero

Woobowiz wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

Any recommendations?
you stream on twitch right? just use their highlight system . (kinda sucks because it takes like 800 years to load but you wont lose the videos)
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Shirokami- wrote:

you stream on twitch right? just use their highlight system . (kinda sucks because it takes like 800 years to load but you wont lose the videos)
Are they embeddable like youtube videos?

Also speaking of youtube, FC of the Day (video cuts a little in the beginning, but the rest is fine)

Twitch Mirror : http://www.twitch.tv/woobowiz2/c/4364406
Kanye West

Kirai- wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

How could you possibly arrive to that conclusion.

I stated a fact, not an opinion.

Many others have improved way faster than this guy, like Tom94, Delis, schlafen etc. They don't attentionwhore.
Blueprint
It's a good topic none the less there are none
TheVileOne
It's not about the destination, but the journey.

Also it is obvious that some people have joined the game with more natural talent than others. It takes time and effort to catch up skill wise and one can only do so much in a day.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
2406 pp 4 Digit Ranking (as of this post)

Played for 13 hours and 30 minutes today

Literally feel like I'm dying and my wrist is swollen.
Redon

Woobowiz wrote:

Videogames
Hydro7
Lmao careful dude, relax a little before going back at it full time, you need SOME kinda break, maybe like a modest 5 hours a day for a little. xD
xasuma

Redon wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

Videogames
oh god. I laughed , haha
EcksDee

Woobowiz wrote:

If you play like that you'll destroy your arms. Take more breaks.
VoidnOwO

Woobowiz wrote:

Get a job and play "only" 5 hours a day? Time or your age doesn't seem to be an issue.
Vuelo Eluko
i see your sig woobowiz
but i think my method is much better

shavit
How to practice aim/reading: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/257870
Play the default 180 version with half time and improve accuracy to more than 90%, get less than 40 misses and then do the same at the 185 version.
Tada! Your jumps, accuracy and reading are improving.
Now play the 180 squares with HT until you get less than 50 misses and try get your accuracy to higher than 85%.
After you're done with that do the same for 185 squares.

NOW:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/257951
The same process. 180 >> 200, 185 >> 205.

After all that process is done, play all the ranked/approved TAG maps. (DJPop's, Lesjuh's TAG and Louis Cypher's TAG4)
Make sure you can pass all of them and you can probably read/aim 10 times better than you could.

- COOKIEZI TIER -
Pettanko

Woobowiz wrote:

You should change the title of the thread to "The Road to Carpal Tunnel"
YukinoDesuDesu

Pettanko wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

You should change the title of the thread to "The Road to Carpal Tunnel"
LOL
gameon123321
You are so lucky to have a tablet! Mouses are kinda slow, and they are hard to track at high distances (especially with an unsteady wrist).

Just one piece of advice: You don't have to go for S, I find it more efficient to go for A (but S looks better)

Best of luck to you!
silmarilen
when did people start thinking osu caused carpal tunnel anyway?
EcksDee

silmarilen wrote:

when did people start thinking osu caused carpal tunnel anyway?

"In general, anything that crowds, irritates or compresses the median nerve in the carpal tunnel space can lead to carpal tunnel syndrome."

The tunnel is in your wrist, on the palm-side. I guess you can imagine the wrist movements in osu! causing the syndrome, maybe.
Not a doctor yknow
show more