forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Rewben2 wrote:

You're improving really quickly, good work! Honestly surprising me that you're making progress this fast, if you maintain this rate of improvement you could be a top player.
Thanks!!

It would really make me happy if I improve fast enough to make it onto those "Best Osu Players of 201X" videos xD
Pettanko
10k plays in 2 months

and i thought my 35k plays in 1.7 years was a lot lol
f i z i k

Pettanko wrote:

10k plays in 2 months

and i thought my 35k plays in 1.7 years was a lot lol
Same thought lol :D

Well,you seem to improve quickly,but from what I see you really need to work on your accuracy. You seem to get a lot out of rhythm and some streams seem just mashed so maybe thats what you should work on first. Control -> Speed not Speed -> Control..maybe play some AR8 and Hidden,mabye you're just used to higher AR
although this is coming from a retard who cant stream 180bpm after 15k plays :|
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
Cutting playing and streaming today a little short, but I FC'd a boat load of songs and farmed my way to 2008 pp ^^
ballplay
learn the real way of streaming instead of mashing buttons. thats how you keep a steady bpm when streaming and maintaining stream acc. i think learning how to stream takes a lot of time. ^^
Indra_old_1
You're doing very good, but I recomend you to start playing with Hard Rock.
With HR you don't only learn to read AR:10, you also improve your aim (small circles) and your accuracy (higher OD). ;)
Hope that I could help a bit. :lol:
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Aeon_Flux wrote:

You're doing very good, but I recomend you to start playing with Hard Rock.
With HR you don't only learn to read AR:10, you also improve your aim (small circles) and your accuracy (higher OD). ;)
Hope that I could help a bit. :lol:
Hi Aeon! I play a few AR 10 maps, and HR is definitely one of my favorite mods, I don't put it on often because the maps I train with would be a bit too hard for me with HR.

AR 10 is getting easier, but AR 10.3 is for some reason on a whole new level, I haven't even scratched AR 11 either
Kukuthemoogle
You're improving so quickly that you're better than me already! It seems like you're getting better every day! Keep up the good work! :)
Blueprint
I'll give you 4 months and you'll be above rank 4k
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Blueprint wrote:

At least you have faith I can reach that rank! ^^

I'll do it for everyone! Even the ones that don't believe in me!
xxx
have many pp
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

iNickb21 wrote:

have many pp
I uh...what? :D
ShiraiiiKuroko
one question :p
i think i read earlier that you play 8 hours a day with some breaks in between, doesn't osu get a little tiring? especially with trying to fc a new map everyday, it doesn't sound enjoyable to me. :o
just want to know.
you're doing good considering you joined 2 months ago, but reaching cookiezi tier will be very hard, you'll have difficulties that might slow you down for sure.
anyways i wish you luck on your journey :D
Noobsicle

ShiraiiiKuroko wrote:

i think i read earlier that you play 8 hours a day with some breaks in between, doesn't osu get a little tiring? especially with trying to fc a new map everyday, it doesn't sound enjoyable to me. :o
just want to know.
training stamina maybe
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

ShiraiiiKuroko wrote:

just want to know.
you're doing good considering you joined 2 months ago, but reaching cookiezi tier will be very hard, you'll have difficulties that might slow you down for sure.
anyways i wish you luck on your journey :D
Tiring? Not anymore.
Boring? Nope! This game is so much fun!

I make sure I try to FC songs in the early half of those 8 hours (while my brain is still fresh @_@ )

My biggest fear at the moment is waking up to find out I haven't improved at all...which means I've hit a wall I've got to climb.

Luckily though, that hasn't happened (and I hope it doesn't happen).

I often get puzzled and kinda lost on what to do sometimes though. But I just remember the biggest contributor to improvement. "Just play the game"

EDIT
: Here's some of the FC's and S-ranks I pulled today incase anyone wants to watch em
One of em is muted due to copyright claim (which is BS because it's obviously a bot making these claims, but it will be unmuted by tomorrow morning probably)
f i z i k
:?:

Woobowiz wrote:

Blueprint wrote:

At least you have faith I can reach that rank! ^^

I'll do it for everyone! Even the ones that don't believe in me!
4k is literally worlds from becoming "cookiezi-level". and the thing is improvement rate just becomes slower,so this will be your hardest part to deal with. I mean even if you get to rank 50 at one point you might be really good at the game,but then you just start realizing more and more that even if youre better than so many people cookiezi would just crush you. so yeah,this thread might get interesting once you hit that wall ;~;
Nub1
like when rrtyui beat cookiezi's rank for a few days and then he take the #1 from him in no time.

but dont give up, just keep practicing to get improved
Blueprint
99 this and you will make me cry http://osu.ppy.sh/b/48416
Nub1
TheVileOne
I want to see that 99% on stream. I hope I catch it when you do.
Chinala
Just make sure you don't go lazy like I'm doing with this game.
lol top 10ks here I come in about a year, maybe two.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
Hey~! Cut training a bit short today, I did get an FC....but the accuracy is so terrible it's an A-rank (you can see what song it is on my top plays...)

Also I happily cleared 2 songs.
Zips - Mushikui Psychedelism [Broccoly]
and
Hatsune Miku - Mythologia's End [Myth0108ia]

Oberyn_old
fuck you, you're so good.
how do you improve that fast
probably just asian ;w;
AegisFTW
Have you tried clearing distorted love song?
xxx

Woobowiz wrote:

iNickb21 wrote:

have many pp
I uh...what? :D
HAVE MANY PP
NKP1ZZL3
WOW YOU ARE HAVING MANY OF PP!
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

AegisFTW wrote:

Have you tried clearing distorted love song?
Not quite sure what map that is '^'
AegisFTW
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/81694 240 BPM map, but I managed to pass it around your current rank.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

AegisFTW wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/81694 240 BPM map, but I managed to pass it around your current rank.
Looks like a fun map! I think it will take several tries, but I do think I can pass that as well.

Right now though, I'm not sure if I should train or stream tomorrow. The last time I had a Break Day, I ended up trying to FC songs and gain pp.

I'm not really quite sure how to describe it but I feel like I'm not as energetic when playing, I've trained roughly 4-5 hours each the last 2 training sessions (including today).
Omgforz
Good luck on your journey at becoming the best. I would definitely recommend training streams as soon as possible, because that's going to be the biggest limiting factor later on.
Vinsent
So yea, I've put quite some time in reading this entire thread. I'm pretty interested in the whole thing. I like people who have high goals and don't picture themselves as just another number in the pack. Many of my friends in osu have this problem, and honestly it annoys me. I prefer the cocky guy who says he's a fucking god and will rek you anyday. If you know what I mean.

I myself am like that, I like to see myself as a very good osu player, who can obviously improve ALOT more. Somewhere in the thread you said that you found yourself rising the ranks incredibly fast. Well buddy, I did exactly the same. But trust me, when you hit 6-7-8k rank, it'll go slower. Looking at your rank now, you are still rising fast. But trust me, there's a GIGANTIC difference in being 15k rank and 7k rank. And there's an even bigger gap between 7k and 1k, and so on.

Also, there's a difference in getting diamond on league, and being as good as cookiezi at osu. In league, there's not a single player who stands out as the best. Ok, you could give names as faker and such. But, faker loses games sometimes, I suppose. If cookiezi tried, nobody could ever beat him, on any map. He was by far the best player osu has ever known, and to be fair these days alot of people play osu.

In short: I think this mindset will get you far, really far. Probably further than me (and as I said, I consider myself a good player, so saying you'll get better than me, requires alot out of my ego ;) ) But there's a limit in what willpower can do.

I'll give you an example: I enjoy running alot, with my dad. But as I'm not exactly the most sportive person on the planet I don't get far at all. I can run about 5km and that's kinda it. I can run abit further when I use pure willpower, I can endure the pain and keep going. What you are saying here is that with the body of somebody who can run 5km, his willpower can make him run a marathon.

I added you to my friendslist, because I'm actually really curious if you could actually get far. As getting the ranks you said in other games is also hard, I kinda believe in the underdog situation here. I wish you best of circle clicking experiences and I look forward to trying to beat your scores because you beat me.
Vinsent

Omgforz wrote:

Good luck on your journey at becoming the best. I would definitely recommend training streams as soon as possible, because that's going to be the biggest limiting factor later on.
This is incredibly true, it limits me at this point. Streaming is key to getting far, look at cptnxn.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Friendzone King wrote:

Omgforz wrote:

This is incredibly true, it limits me at this point. Streaming is key to getting far, look at cptnxn.
220 BPM streams are getting easier and easier by the day. All I have to work on in terms of streams at the moment now is stamina and maintaining the stream for much longer.
GoldenWolf

Friendzone King wrote:

4D is essentially hard because of the aim required on these spaced streams at this speed, not so the stamina
Rewben2

GoldenWolf wrote:

Friendzone King wrote:

4D is essentially hard because of the aim required on these spaced streams at this speed, not so the stamina
Stamina is an issue, but yeah it's the spacing and aim that makes it hard. Like, I go from fully hitting an unlimitation stream and then I play 4d and I absolutely miss everything, lol. It's not the 2bpm difference, it's the spacing.
Nub1
you should put SS the big black to your next target, lol.
iderekmc
for whoever uses a tablet since they start playing osu it's 1000000 times easier to improve
Noobsicle
i used a tablet and my aim/speed/accuracy/swag became 1000000 times worse xD
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
Start learning DT as fast as possible. This is important. Don't focus on accuracy. Speed is the only thing that matters. Look at dragonhuman, his aim+speed carries him. Get accustomed to AR10. AR10.3 will be necessary to even reach top50. Don't focus on FCs or pp at your level, instead play maps that are pushing your limits. Your rank is way too low for pp to matter anyway. To have a reasonable chance of ever reaching top 50 in a reasonable amount of time I'd say you need to be FCing extras (hard, usually non DT-able insanes) within 4-6 months of starting playing.

If you can keep up what you're doing now for 1-1.5 years I'm pretty confident you could reach top 50. About Cookiezi -tier, as in as good as him.. That might be a long shot.
Layne_old_1
^ lol
show more