forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
I usually take my map runs to a crawl/walk when it comes to difficulty.
Right now I'm just trying to improve and catch up on pp at the same time ^.^
Shiningbolt
I'm not very knowledgeable about how much work it takes to be another Cookiezi. And frankly, I don't care about that at all.
I've read quite a few posts here and I see you as a persistent, motivated player. I think that's great and I love seeing people with that kind of motivation.

I have just two things to say (technically three).
Don't stop playing.
Try multiplayer mode. You'll find all sorts of players with questionable rank-to-skill ratios and a bunch of interesting maps to boot.

I'll remember you when I see your name in the top score board of some map I feel like passing.
Tupples

ilikepudge wrote:

You should try some 0108s, you seem to be able to do insanes pretty well
I'm at the exact same skill level as him pretty much and I can't do most 0108 maps besides Myth's End & With A Dance Number. (except the easy ones).
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Tupplez wrote:

ilikepudge wrote:

You should try some 0108s, you seem to be able to do insanes pretty well
I'm at the exact same skill level as him pretty much and I can't do most 0108 maps besides Myth's End & With A Dance Number. (except the easy ones).
Myth's End is pretty fun!
I do play a lot of 0108's maps while training though~~ My pp hasn't caught up to my skill level ^^;;

The best I can do right now is clear Freedman on Nouk's Insane :I
Blueprint

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Blueprint wrote:

all of vals maps are nice stream maps
val's maps are rarely stream maps.
I was implying they are 500 bpm and you stream the whole map
I think 0108 difficultys are a bad influence on new players
DeletedUser_4041880
Turn off the comments when recording your replays, please
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Frostei wrote:

Turn off the comments when recording your replays, please
You can do that? :O :shock: :shock:
DeletedUser_4041880
Click discussions and then uncheck "show comments"
Ethelon

Shiningbolt wrote:

Try multiplayer mode. You'll find all sorts of players with questionable rank-to-skill ratios and a bunch of interesting maps to boot.
It's performance points determining your performance ranking.
Fungnub
xasuma

Fungnub wrote:

Just leaving this here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Jante
lol
Vuelo Eluko

Fungnub wrote:

Just leaving this here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Jante
i dont think this is applicable
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
Played several 0108 maps today, they were a lot of fun! (I even cleared some of the easier ones)

EDIT: Also, today's training stream highlight

Nub1
I guess u have a potential to be pro, keep up the good work and goodluck

well I already stopped doing this kind of thing and now I just play for fun and if I'm bored with my other games
SushiBottle
Your accuracy is absolutely amazing! Teach me senpai :P
chox_old
my advice would be not to set the bar you're trying to reach too high and instead try to realize small goals, as you may find your ego getting crushed and get frustrated at some point
having fun while playing is very important thing which helps improving, because if you like the game you'll keep playing it
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
Played TERRIBLY today, so I didn't bother to stream.

But later on I cooled off and FC/S-ranked a few songs and get some pp.

I also cleared 07th rog-unlimination, so all I have to do is work on the stamina to stream 220 bpm. I can get decently far into Freedom Dive 4D, but I just get too tired out at that point.
Coffee Hero
Do you play with any mods or do you just stick to no-mod?
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Shirokami- wrote:

Do you play with any mods or do you just stick to no-mod?
I never use the Difficulty Decrease mods anymore.

I use DT and HR a lot while training, but I'm not good enough to pull some DT or HR FC's.

I also use HR on fun AR 8 songs because I can't read AR 8 for the life of me.

When I know 100% that I can FC a song, I always put on Sudden Death, it usually gives a little extra drive to not miss, but my accuracy kinda suffers from the pressure, so I wouldn't recommend it for anyone to do.

TL;DR, you can tell what my favorite mods are from how I skinned the icons.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
Sorry for double post!

Here's the video of my first clear on 07th rog-unlimitation

Notice at the end of the song I overstreamed the 220 bpm stream ^^;
Taadashi
Good job man. :) Seems like you still are keeping at it. :)
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Taadashi wrote:

Good job man. :) Seems like you still are keeping at it. :)
Thanks!

Also, today was a Relax/Break Day (I don't say Chill day after the stuff that happened to PhantomL0rd ;-; )

But even when I'm taking a break from training, I snagged 50 more pp, so I'm now at 1902 pp :D

OH! And the new thing I'm most excited about is that I started and learned to play with Hidden mod. And I already got an Insane AR9 FC with it ^^

Also, another FC I'm kinda proud of today

Topic Starter
Woobowiz
T-t-t-triple post! (sorry :cry: )

I broke 10k plays! Didn't have a life to begin with anyways :?

But I suddenly got A LOT better with single tapping
BEHOLD the fruits of training!

Also daily FC
Ethelon
Honest question: how do you have time to play as much as you do every day?
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Ethelon wrote:

Honest question: how do you have time to play as much as you do every day?
I play at least 8 hours per day now (like today)

I'm playing this much because I'm on summer vacation now, and I'm waiting for my work schedule to be given to me so I'm really taking as much time as I have right now xD
Rewben2
You're improving really quickly, good work! Honestly surprising me that you're making progress this fast, if you maintain this rate of improvement you could be a top player.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Rewben2 wrote:

You're improving really quickly, good work! Honestly surprising me that you're making progress this fast, if you maintain this rate of improvement you could be a top player.
Thanks!!

It would really make me happy if I improve fast enough to make it onto those "Best Osu Players of 201X" videos xD
Pettanko
10k plays in 2 months

and i thought my 35k plays in 1.7 years was a lot lol
f i z i k

Pettanko wrote:

10k plays in 2 months

and i thought my 35k plays in 1.7 years was a lot lol
Same thought lol :D

Well,you seem to improve quickly,but from what I see you really need to work on your accuracy. You seem to get a lot out of rhythm and some streams seem just mashed so maybe thats what you should work on first. Control -> Speed not Speed -> Control..maybe play some AR8 and Hidden,mabye you're just used to higher AR
although this is coming from a retard who cant stream 180bpm after 15k plays :|
Topic Starter
Woobowiz
Cutting playing and streaming today a little short, but I FC'd a boat load of songs and farmed my way to 2008 pp ^^
ballplay
learn the real way of streaming instead of mashing buttons. thats how you keep a steady bpm when streaming and maintaining stream acc. i think learning how to stream takes a lot of time. ^^
Indra_old_1
You're doing very good, but I recomend you to start playing with Hard Rock.
With HR you don't only learn to read AR:10, you also improve your aim (small circles) and your accuracy (higher OD). ;)
Hope that I could help a bit. :lol:
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Aeon_Flux wrote:

You're doing very good, but I recomend you to start playing with Hard Rock.
With HR you don't only learn to read AR:10, you also improve your aim (small circles) and your accuracy (higher OD). ;)
Hope that I could help a bit. :lol:
Hi Aeon! I play a few AR 10 maps, and HR is definitely one of my favorite mods, I don't put it on often because the maps I train with would be a bit too hard for me with HR.

AR 10 is getting easier, but AR 10.3 is for some reason on a whole new level, I haven't even scratched AR 11 either
Kukuthemoogle
You're improving so quickly that you're better than me already! It seems like you're getting better every day! Keep up the good work! :)
Blueprint
I'll give you 4 months and you'll be above rank 4k
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Blueprint wrote:

I'll give you 4 months and you'll be above rank 4k
At least you have faith I can reach that rank! ^^

I'll do it for everyone! Even the ones that don't believe in me!
xxx
have many pp
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

iNickb21 wrote:

have many pp
I uh...what? :D
ShiraiiiKuroko
one question :p
i think i read earlier that you play 8 hours a day with some breaks in between, doesn't osu get a little tiring? especially with trying to fc a new map everyday, it doesn't sound enjoyable to me. :o
just want to know.
you're doing good considering you joined 2 months ago, but reaching cookiezi tier will be very hard, you'll have difficulties that might slow you down for sure.
anyways i wish you luck on your journey :D
Noobsicle

ShiraiiiKuroko wrote:

one question :p
i think i read earlier that you play 8 hours a day with some breaks in between, doesn't osu get a little tiring? especially with trying to fc a new map everyday, it doesn't sound enjoyable to me. :o
just want to know.
training stamina maybe
show more