community forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
2,105
show more
Vuelo Eluko
Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you.

there's been hundreds of would-be cookiezi threads and noone has actually accomplished it. so you shouldn't be surprised at the discouraging attitudes from people who have good reason for it. History repeats.

Are you different? Only time will tell. Overwhelming statistics say no.
GlennCampbell
y0l0
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you.

there's been hundreds of would-be cookiezi threads and noone has actually accomplished it. so you shouldn't be surprised at the discouraging attitudes from people who have good reason for it. History repeats.

Are you different? Only time will tell. Overwhelming statistics say no.
As of now, my PP and ranking doesn't really say much about where I am. So I wish to base it off achievements and my success. Eventually my PP will align, but as I see it, I seem to be improving faster than my Ranking can measure.
TheVileOne
The people near the top of the ranks would have already reach cookiezi's level if it were as simple to reach his level. You could get close with enough effort, but even you have not become the number 1 player of any game yet. It's just a matter of how much you work at it, and be aware that cookiezi has doubletime FC'd maps that literally noone else has doubletimed before. cookiezi is probably the only player to have passed deltamax.

Number 1 in this game is pretty much putting you above several million players, and the number of the people who can played near your level is a single digit number.

I'm not trying to discourage you. rrty needs company anyways. I just hope you realize just how much more skillful he was compared to any other player, even rrty our current leader.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

TheVileOne wrote:

The people near the top of the ranks would have already reach cookiezi's level if it were as simple to reach his level. You could get close with enough effort, but even you have not become the number 1 player of any game yet. It's just a matter of how much you work at it, and be aware that cookiezi has doubletime FC'd maps that literally noone else has double timed before. cookiezi is probably the only player to have passed deltamax.
I seem to hear that players like rrtyui and WWW have little need to improve because they're already at the top? I'm sure they can pull of what Cookiezi has done, I'm certain of it, but there doesn't seem to be much of a reason to right?

Again, my goal is not Rank 1, that will take a good portion of time to get high scores on many songs. When you say "cookiezi is probably the only player to have passed deltamax" then I take that as another item to add to my quest. As I recall, cookiezi wasn't always Rank 1, but a lot of people consider him to be.
Vuelo Eluko

Woobowiz wrote:

I seem to hear that players like rrtyui and WWW have little need to improve because they're already at the top? I'm sure they can pull of what Cookiezi has done, I'm certain of it, but there doesn't seem to be much of a reason to right?

Again, my goal is not Rank 1, that will take a good portion of time to get high scores on many songs. When you say "cookiezi is probably the only player to have passed deltamax" then I take that as another item to add to my quest. As I recall, cookiezi wasn't always Rank 1, but a lot of people consider him to be.
they can't just will themselves to cookiezi's level it's not as simple as you think it's going to be. And anyway i wouldn't believe that bit about deltamax there's at least people in the tens/one hundred rank who can pass it [of course not nearly as convincingly as he did with 95% and single digit misses]. maybe im wrong though and you're thinking of a different map becuase im pretty sure he played more than one.

go for it
Saint_old
gl man im looking forward to see a non-asian guy as #1 again
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Saint wrote:

gl man im looking forward to see a non-asian guy as #1 again
....I'm South Korean :?
Vuelo Eluko

Saint wrote:

gl man im looking forward to see a non-asian guy as #1 again
thats messed
Luna

Woobowiz wrote:

I seem to hear that players like rrtyui and WWW have little need to improve because they're already at the top? I'm sure they can pull of what Cookiezi has done, I'm certain of it, but there doesn't seem to be much of a reason to right?
Trust me, rrtyui tries his hardest to get the best scores he can. Look at his top played maps, thousands of retries on single maps just to push the limits of his skills. And now to put Cookiezi's skill into perspective (since you weren't around when he played) - those crazy scores rrtyui took hundreds or even thousands of plays to achieve were easily beaten by Cookiezi with just a few retries. Every time he played, he'd set ridiculous #1 scores. He HDHR FC'd Dragonforce Legend maps in literally 10 tries in his prime (I was there and spectated it live).
Vuelo Eluko
im quite sad that I only got to experience a little bit of cookie before he left.
Saint_old

Woobowiz wrote:

Saint wrote:

gl man im looking forward to see a non-asian guy as #1 again
....I'm South Korean :?
yea i thought youd say something like that

america i guess
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Saint wrote:

yea i thought youd say something like that

america i guess
I mean, granted I was born in L.A. and lived in the US all my life......'murrica
Breiz

Woobowiz wrote:

I seem to hear that players like rrtyui and WWW have little need to improve because they're already at the top? I'm sure they can pull of what Cookiezi has done, I'm certain of it, but there doesn't seem to be much of a reason to right?
is this real
XGeneral2000

Woobowiz wrote:

While I understand what you're getting at, I'm not exactly doing this for myself. Granted, it's great people are supportive and critical of my goal, but the point was to do exactly as you stated; a lot of people are capable of reaching Cookiezi in time. It's just that I don't like it when people look at #1 and say "Well, I guess there's no point in trying to reach the top anymore".
Believe it or not, I'm actually an optimist at heart. I feel the same way you do regarding pessimism. I hate it when people write themselves off as failures before they've even had a chance to see what they can do. But even more, I hate it when people act like they've already finished before they've even started. It's pretty insulting to be told that "anyone can do what you do," especially if you've put a lot of time into mastering a skill. I'm not saying you're like that, of course - based on what you've said, it sounds more like confidence from past success rather than arrogance from ignorance. But you can see where I'm coming from.

The big point of what I was saying (which I think you understood) is that everything is possible, but it all takes time, and basically everyone I've ever met (maybe not you, based on your past experience) found out later that the time and sacrifice it took was way higher than they anticipated. Eventually, it became clear to them that it was simply not worth it for them, and that other things were more important. That's fine, but it's also disappointing, especially when I consider that the time they spent was essentially wasted, and that they would likely repeat the cycle in other ventures.

In the end, it wasn't that the dream was impossible. It was just that the person dreaming wasn't a person who could realize them. Maybe they comprehended the dream itself, and understood what it would take, but they failed to correctly evaluate themselves.

From what you've told me about your previous gaming experiences, it sounds like you've got a leg up on most people I know. If you feel like you can do this, that you really know yourself and what you - not generic "anyone" - can do, then go for it. I don't mean that sarcastically, or the way people talk to children. I mean that sincerely, because I'm tired of people never living up to words spoken in the heat of the moment, and it would make me very happy indeed if you broke the trend.

(Btw, unrelated, but I'm also South Korean lol)
mcdoomfrag

Woobowiz wrote:

As I recall, cookiezi wasn't always Rank 1, but a lot of people consider him to be.
Where did you get that impression? As some have already pointed out, cookiezi in his prime was undoubtedly the best player at the time. We aren't talking about being Grandmaster at Starcraft, or Challenger at League of Legends (If you wanted that, you should have aimed for top 50), but being the best and crushing all competition while your'e at it. That's why people take to offense why you roll right in claiming to become the next Cookiezi.
xasuma
spending this much time in the forums sure isn't going to help you become cookiezi-tier, Kappa .

:idea:
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

mcdoomfrag wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

As I recall, cookiezi wasn't always Rank 1, but a lot of people consider him to be.
Where did you get that impression? As some have already pointed out, cookiezi in his prime was undoubtedly the best player at the time. We aren't talking about being Grandmaster at Starcraft, or Challenger at League of Legends (If you wanted that, you should have aimed for top 50), but being the best and crushing all competition while your'e at it. That's why people take to offense why you roll right in claiming to become the next Cookiezi.
First comes those that take offense.
It would make me so happy to turn that offense into acceptance or better yet, inspiration. So I just HAVE to try my best and give it 100%
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

xasuma wrote:

spending this much time in the forums sure isn't going to help you become cookiezi-tier, Kappa .

:idea:
Typing out a research paper right now, no time to play, the semester's almost over and Summer will start in 1-2 weeks. Summer is where the real stuff begins.
usa

Dexus wrote:

usa wrote:

most people hit their try hard breaking point in 1-2 years, so good luck keeping this up beyond that.
That's just you giving up, don't drag people down with you just because you got stagnant and don't know where or how to improve your own skills. There is no limited capacity to this game, it's just a point where you either break and give up or you keep trying harder.
wtf are you saying?
if people could keep growing muscles, keep running faster then why the hell are there people taking steroids in the top scene of any sport?
humans have physical limits, a limit to how bulky they can get, and limit to how fast they can run, a limit to how fast one can react, and so on.
same thing with osu! there's going to be a limit to your speed, stamina, aim.
and it's going to become more apparent as you get closer to it as you'll be barely progressing or it'll take hours on end everyday just to maintain your skill level.
thinking that you can work your limits away is incredibly naive, and puts you at a risk of overexerting/hurting yourself.
cokezi having eye problems, people developing RSI... yea..

also, it's a bloody video game, not your job or life.
to put in that much work and stress into a game to the extent where it becomes questionable whether you are having fun is plain stupid.
save that army mentality for something that's actually worth it.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply