The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
2,105
show more
TheVileOne
It's great to see confidence in a fledgling player. It will truly be a spectacle to see you take number 1 within a year. People will be calling you a hacker for sure.

But what people are saying is true. You will need to play a lot to get places. Hopefully you have a lot of time on your hands to travel this path. Maybe you'll need to make a leap over the chasm for that shortcut.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

makkura wrote:

If you try to modify your genes to korean ones, probably you can become a great player :P
I'm already South Korean o-o I was just born in the US and lived here all my life
Vuelo Eluko

Woobowiz wrote:

Soarezi wrote:

It took him more than 4 years to climb a mountain, you're not going be a miracle child and climb the mountain less than a year.
Nobody knows that unless they try. And I'm gonna try >:(
it's not going to happen.
Karuta-

Soarezi wrote:

Cookiezi didnt have any skins for a year or more. He also played with default settings, limited fps and aero on for a very long time.

Oh and i have played for over a year and only just recently i have started to master AR9
Cookiezi got this far by playing maps with default skins and also with very few rivals

Right now you have tons of customized skins, tons of beatmaps, tons of methods for training, tons of players to beat.

I'd say you have the upper hand in this aspect. The downside is that you won't be able to experience the changes in the beatmapping style from 2009 until now. Old beatmaps may not have a lot of pp, but they are good for something.

But cookiezi is a circle-clicking addict though, so there is gonna be a long way ahead.
Granger

LuckyStrike wrote:

Also you have to play 10h+ per day everyday 7 days in a week 365 days in a year. -snip- you have to play all the time that you have. Skip school, quit job, never go out. Just play and sleep, play and sleep. And then, PROBABLY, you will come CLOSE to him.
Thats a bad idea and you know it. You need breaks else you burn out like a torch and then its game over.
Also if you do that you'll find yourself without electricity and no future soon enough. Game over not only in Osu but about everywhere.

Woobowiz i see you have high aims and theres nothing wrong with that, but dont you think you're aiming a bit too high?
Choose smaller goals, its more satisfying and fun this way. Osu is a game, you should play games to have fun before anything else.

Take your time. You aint going to be good as Cookiezi in 1 year, nor in 2 years.
Id train slowly and perfect your skills required for lower diffs, if you rush you'll have problems later on because you built your house on mud.
LuckyStrike

Woobowiz wrote:

Philantropist wrote:

Don't listen to people who say it's impossible, they are just jealous of your determination to succeed.

You can do anything if you believe! ! !

i believe in you
It should never be impossible in the first place. Cookiezi is as human as everyone else, it's like looking up a mountain. You see Cookiezi at the top and most people just say, "Yeah, there's no way I can climb to that level." What makes people think that? If he can do it, then couldn't I do it too?
Yes, sure! You are right, both! People who say it's nearly impossible is like ranked <1000 who worked hard A LOT for getting even into top1000, and yet you are 10k+ and you say opposite. Sure, those fucking scrubs are fucking wrong, you know more about osu! and ofcourse you know the best ways of practice.

And listen, exactly I didn't say it's not possible, actually becoming cookiezi is my target, so i even spent a lot of time during breaks between playing osu! making a tool for practicing (it saves rhythm of the map and makes fucking lots of jumps for training aim and reading, also changes bpm, so i can play all the day random maps and never get bored from little amount of maps). I said that you have to play A LOT, not 2 hours a day, not 3, not 5, not 7, you have to play all day and night, you understand? Cookiezi was playing the game all day and night. He didn't even care about settings or skins, he just played the game. But as I can see, nobody of you ready to spend 10h+/day everyday to osu!. That's why I say it's impossible for you. If you can read, you should understand it.

It's good to have a good attitude, but the more you expect from yourself, the more you will be disappointed in the future. Just set achievable goals and get ahead.
Lach

Woobowiz wrote:

i am a multiaccount
let's make silly threads for attention
LuckyStrike

Granger wrote:

LuckyStrike wrote:

Also you have to play 10h+ per day everyday 7 days in a week 365 days in a year. -snip- you have to play all the time that you have. Skip school, quit job, never go out. Just play and sleep, play and sleep. And then, PROBABLY, you will come CLOSE to him.
Thats a bad idea and you know it. You need breaks else you burn out like a torch and then its game over.
Also if you do that you'll find yourself without electricity and no future soon enough. Game over not only in Osu but about everywhere.

Woobowiz i see you have high aims and theres nothing wrong with that, but dont you think you're aiming a bit too high?
Choose smaller goals, its more satisfying and fun this way. Osu is a game, you should play games to have fun before anything else.

Take your time. You aint going to be good as Cookiezi in 1 year, nor in 2 years.
Id train slowly and perfect your skills required for lower diffs, if you rush you'll have problems later on because you built your house on mud.
That's exactly what i'm talking about. You won't be good as Cookiezi if you won't try as hard/harder than him.

Also another thing. If you can't enjoy playing hard osu! maps for 10h+/per day, it makes you bored or smth like that - forget about it, too. Because it seemed like Cookiezi was playing so much because he really enjoyed the game.

And another one thing. About playing a lot. Cookiezi didn't actually need to play so much. There were not so much people, so he could improve fast enough even without nolifing. Nowadays there are a lot of people who actually improve fast, that's why nowadays you HAVE TO practice even more hard than cookiezi did. Sure you can come close to his level in 10 years, but compared to other people in 10 years, you will be still a noob. That's what i'm talking about
TheVileOne
Make sure you use the Cookiezi skin. It will help you become a pro. In fact everyone who wants to be cookiezi uses it.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Lach wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

i am a multiaccount
let's make silly threads for attention
But....I'm not? :?:
Vuelo Eluko

LuckyStrike wrote:

That's exactly what i'm talking about. You won't be good as Cookiezi if you won't try as hard/harder than him.

Also another thing. If you can't enjoy playing hard osu! maps for 10h+/per day, it makes you bored or smth like that - forget about it, too. Because it seemed like Cookiezi was playing so much because he really enjoyed the game.

And another one thing. About playing a lot. Cookiezi didn't actually need to play so much. There were not so much people, so he could improve fast enough even without nolifing. Nowadays there are a lot of people who actually improve fast, that's why nowadays you HAVE TO practice even more hard than cookiezi did. Sure you can come close to his level in 10 years, but compared to other people in 10 years, you will be still a noob. That's what i'm talking about
I wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years the level Cookiezi was at the end of last year will still be unmatched simply because I doubt rrtyui will be playing for much longer [hes bored of no competition] and it's hard to get the level of aim those 2 have since only big circle maps get ranked nowadays and thats probably not going to change?

Buuut who knows a lot can happen in 10 years, many can rise and fall, and I like to think Osu will still be around because of the community nature of it, not just some disposable way for some company to jew people with cash shop based free gameplay until it's not profitable then pulling the plug. It's also kind of 'timeless'.
LuckyStrike

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years the level Cookiezi was at the end of last year will still be unmatched simply because I doubt rrtyui will be playing for much longer [hes bored of no competition] and it's hard to get the level of aim those 2 have since only big circle maps get ranked nowadays and thats probably not going to change?

Buuut who knows a lot can happen in 10 years, many can rise and fall, and I like to think Osu will still be around because of the community nature of it, not just some disposable way for some company to jew people with cash shop based free gameplay until it's not profitable then pulling the plug. It's also kind of 'timeless'.
Wha... i don't even...

Are you high? Who doesn't allow you to change circle size? It doesn't take very long time to change them via editor (although i wrote a program for myself for instant changing it). Also circle size doesn't really matter. You probably don't even know what reading is (and don't say like you do. I'm sure you are from those people who think "OH GOD AR 10 DAMN SO FAST PEOPLE WHO CAN READ IT ARE GODS", although AR10 makes everything easier. For example i'm sure there would be much more FCs at dragonforce maps if they were AR9, and freedom dive if it was AR10, at least i could pass it on AR10, but i can't on AR9).

Also rrtyui started to play when circles were big and yet he has the best aim atm.
TheVileOne
Noone is stopping anyone from using smaller circles. Older maps weren't even difficult by today's standards. I don't know where this whole circle size issue became a problem. Today's maps are more difficult than older (ranked/approved) maps.
jasian
If you wanna be Cookiezi you're going to need to dedicate your life for the next few years to even get close to him. To build the muscle memory, reading, timing, stamina and speed to match Cookiezi isn't going to be easy.


Here's a rundown of how dominant he was before he was banned as shown by Osutp.net (November 2013):
(His scores on that page) (Cumulative total)
page 1 34 34/50
page 2 21 55/100
page 3 24 79/150
page 4 27 106/200
page 5 14 120/250
page 6 14 134/300
page 7 10 144/350
page 8 17 161/400
page 9 14 175/450
page 10 12 187/500


As you can see here Cookiezi owned more than two thirds (68%) of the top 50 scores ever in Osu! at that time. In the top 500 scores he owned 187 of 500, or 37.4%. When you're able to own two thirds of the best ever scores you know that you cannot be matched. Rrtyui is amazing, but not even on Cookiezi's level. This isn't fanboying, this is straight up facts.

I like your determination, but I think you underestimate just how hard Cookiezi dominated Osu!
Vuelo Eluko

LuckyStrike wrote:

Wha... i don't even...

Are you high? Who doesn't allow you to change circle size? It doesn't take very long time to change them via editor (although i wrote a program for myself for instant changing it). Also circle size doesn't really matter. You probably don't even know what reading is (and don't say like you do. I'm sure you are from those people who think "OH GOD AR 10 DAMN SO FAST PEOPLE WHO CAN READ IT ARE GODS", although AR10 makes everything easier. For example i'm sure there would be much more FCs at dragonforce maps if they were AR9, and freedom dive if it was AR10, at least i could pass it on AR10, but i can't on AR9).

Also rrtyui started to play when circles were big and yet he has the best aim atm.
i know what reading is. AR10 does indeed make everything easier. There are plenty of maps I can pass better at ar10 versus ar9... AR10 makes it easier because it's fast and you have to read less.

so that taken into consideration sounds like you're the one who can't read if your last statement is true. Let me guess. 400x100? It's not whack-a-mole. Practice. Turn on hitsounds. Stop staring at the approach circles. Good luck.
LuckyStrike

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

i know what reading is. AR10 does indeed make everything easier. There are plenty of maps I can pass better at ar10 versus ar9... AR10 makes it easier because it's fast and you have to read less.

so that taken into consideration sounds like you're the one who can't read if your last statement is true. Let me guess. 400x100? It's not whack-a-mole. Practice. Turn on hitsounds. Stop staring at the approach circles. Good luck.
Sure I can't read, and nobody else can, if we talk about FD/dragonforce maps. And if we talk about me, my best run on FD was about 88% accuracy until the spaced streams at the end, and 95% with autopilot.

Also i never starred at approach circles, don't give me advices, pls. The main thing is amount of elements on the screen. The more elements = the harder to read, that's all.

And i know about my bad reading, that's why the whole last month i've been playing usually 140-160BPM maps with AR7 (mostly warm-up), 170-190 with AR8 (dt sometimes) and 190-220 maps with AR9. Ofcourse not easy maps. They're full of 1/2 jumps, since i wrote a program for it (before it i was playing that guitar vs piano by Aqo).
Vuelo Eluko

LuckyStrike wrote:

95% with autopilot. .
you can taiko with 2 buttons and no color coded notes
thats pretty impressive.
LuckyStrike

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

LuckyStrike wrote:

95% with autopilot. .
you can taiko with 2 buttons and no color coded notes
thats pretty impressive.
Taiko? what are you talking about? If you mean i used two hands, then you are wrong. I don't even know if you're serious about it. There are much people who can stream 4D, but not FC'd it yet because it's hard to read.
Vuelo Eluko
Taiko is the game mode where you use the keyboard to hit notes that approach. If you start up Osu! and go to Play > Solo you can select it from the list of modes at the bottom.
TheVileOne
Please lets not turn this into a flame war about who can read what map.

Also may I add the differences in each of your ranks. Know your place in the skill chain.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply