forum

WHY ANIME

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MildCholester
How is it that 99% of the beatmaps on here are from anime? I understand that the game is japanese and all but, why dont people try to venture outside of anime, and venture out of japanese music? This game would appeal to a wider range of people if someone had the brass to step outside of the norm and make a map of actual music.
Hika
Jarby
osu! is Australian. Kind of.
Aurani
I know what you're trying to say, but you put it together so wrong that it sounds like you're saying that Japanese music isn't real music. That's how little logic the post makes, but from what I could decipher, you're implying that the majority of the game revolves around Asian songs, whether it be pop, rock or any other genre.

The only logical answer would be that you're fundamentally wrong, as you failed to comprehend that the game is what it is due to the community. The community made the game that you know today, and from my point of view, that is one of the good aspects of it. Of course, it is completely subjective, just like your own opinion that you expressed there.

The other, less logical answer would be that you haven't looked into it enough, to discover that there are hundreds of songs that have nothing to do with neither Japan nor Asia in general, making your whole question and point invalid.
DeletedUser_4041880
Do you think someone would map a song and spend hours upon hours on it if they didn't enjoy the song? It comes down to the beat mapper's taste in music. Why not try to make your own maps- or at least learn how?
piruchan
The choice to make your own beatmap is always there.
kouzuki_karen

Frostei wrote:

Do you think someone would map a song and spend hours upon hours on it if they didn't enjoy the song? It comes down to the beat mapper's taste in music. Why not try to make your own maps- or at least learn how?

piruchan wrote:

The choice to make your own beatmap is always there.
this basically, osu is based off a Japanese game so of course it will alway be Japan-themed. Nevertheless, there's still lots of English/other language songs as well, and it's not like you can't make them either.
jasian

MildCholester wrote:

make a map of actual music.
That's a fairly big insult to anybody who enjoys Japanese music. I don't understand a word of any lyric in Japanese songs but they're still fun as hell to listen to. If you're going to be so thick minded into thinking that the game revolves around what you like then I'm afraid you shouldn't play it. Beatmaps are made by anyone who spends the time and effort to do so and if they enjoy a particular genre of music that doesn't suit you then that's just too bad. You could make your own beatmap and use your preferred genre of music. Or, look up in the beatmap advanced search and click English songs. Either way this post is fairly insulting to those who appreciate Japanese culture.
Vish024
osu! is inspired by Japanese-themed games and games made by Japanese developers, it was destined to have this sort of community. I myself had similar thoughts when I first started playing but thanks to this game and community my eyes were opened to a wider range of music which I was always skeptical about and I started enjoying a lot of Japanese music.

I can understand your frustrations but unfortunately that's how the community is and most likely will always be, you won't be able to influence it. You could always map your own music taste either way.
Mofu kun
Jpop counts as music too...

And yes, while quite a lot of music here is Japanese, there is quite a lot of other foreign music as well.
Zerostarry

MildCholester wrote:

How is it that 99% of the beatmaps on here are from anime? I understand that the game is japanese and all but, why dont people try to venture outside of anime, and venture out of japanese music? This game would appeal to a wider range of people if someone had the brass to step outside of the norm and make a map of actual music.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Band_%28video_game%29

Have fun :)
_sparky_
There's a reason it's mostly Japanese *facepalm*

If you look hard enough you can find English songs or map some English songs

If that doesn't help you...theres other games out there.
Witch Mercy
Really now? = =...
ColdTooth

MildCholester wrote:

im sorry but why did he not mention pony music aswell

Seriously? Don't be hating on a kind of music, everyone has a taste. I have a taste of music, people might think differently about me, but I don't really care. So please, respect the people around you. By the way, 99% of the beatmaps are not anime, I can enlist 35 - 45% of it anime beatmaps, but I can see 25% of them english/japanese songs. By japanese i mean like english, well, idk how to explain it, except not like anime. Anime is something completly different, right..?

ANYWAYS I only posted here because I am here to tell you that 50% of the beatmaps here are ACTUAL music, and its not debatable. Also, anime music has a really good beat, almost steady, same with nightcore/pony/most english songs and other genres I can't even think off the top of my head. Just respect the people around you, it'll make you not look like a fool.
ivan

ColdTooth wrote:

MildCholester wrote:

Seriously? Don't be hating on a kind of music, everyone has a taste. I have a taste of music, people might think differently about me, but I don't really care. So please, respect the people around you. By the way, 99% of the beatmaps are not anime, I can enlist 35 - 45% of it anime beatmaps, but I can see 25% of them english/japanese songs. By japanese i mean like english, well, idk how to explain it, except not like anime. Anime is something completly different, right..?

ANYWAYS I only posted here because I am here to tell you that 50% of the beatmaps here are ACTUAL music, and its not debatable. Also, anime music has a really good beat, almost steady, same with nightcore/pony/most english songs and other genres I can't even think off the top of my head. Just respect the people around you, it'll make you not look like a fool.
Lmao u got juked so bad
VoidnOwO

ColdTooth wrote:

What the fuck is pony music?
ivan

BRBP wrote:

ColdTooth wrote:

What the fuck is pony music?
_sparky_
music for ponies
Hika
don't be stupid guys, it's obviously what sparky said, jeez.
ponies have preferences too if this guy can have his own about 'actual' music
Marcin
Uh, every music is actual music, if you don't enjoy music on osu! then use search feature better or find some other game. This community is mostly based on Japanese music due to its, in most cases, better rhythm suitable for mapping. Closing thread since... its came to its end yeah.