forum

Skin Wardrobe

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +53
Topic Starter
Akani
This would be great to make a Skin-Wardrobe let me explain it!
Instead of making Thousands of skin-folders we could throw every single skin parts into one folder like this

we could then select every single parts in osu!
Hitsounds would be made out of packs and be also selectable in osu!
For changing skin part quicker, instead of selecting every skin parts again, a skin preset option would be great, like when you finished assembling a skin you could save it as a preset and choose it if you want to use it again !
pros:Sparing file size / Easyer to combine a skin
cons:Sorting skin-parts
What do you think about this idea ?
deadbeat
well, i know one thing, sorting it like that would make my job a nightmare \D:/
Hyroo

deadbeat wrote:

well, i know one thing, sorting it like that would make my job a nightmare \D:/
I wish I had vote points just for this <3
Tekklorn
This idea.... someone give this guy a nobel prize.

Seriously though this would be amazing, if only I had stars to give for this idea :(
Kaigun
This...Idea...is...LEGENDARY

this would make everything so much easyier *~* :)
MLGnom
Instead of making Thousands of skin-folders we could throw every single skin parts into one folder like this
Yeah, so you would need 100+ folders for every skin part because this is amount of parts that skin can have. (300+ if you separate them all). Plus you need an option to renaming files when you want for example few combobursts.

For me this idea is only lazy version of making it by your own. Generally it would make things... I don't know? 10 minutes faster?
You can do this pretty much yourself using windows search option and creating these folders.
Topic Starter
Akani

MLGnom wrote:

Yeah, so you would need 100+ folders for every skin part because this is amount of parts that skin can have. (300+ if you separate them all). Plus you need an option to renaming files when you want for example few combobursts.

For me this idea is only lazy version of making it by your own. Generally it would make things... I don't know? 10 minutes faster?
You can do this pretty much yourself using windows search option and creating these folders.
Agreed , I didn`t really thought about that :?
Topic Starter
Akani
It would be a pain to rename all skin parts and sort them but if we would do that it would be awesome!
I dont know what you ment about the search option though
I got a new idea about selecting skin-parts
we could make general skin selection where you can select the most important skin-part and add an advanced skin selection where you can select the less important skin-parts so you dont have to scroll over 300 skin parts
Or We could split them into categories like this :
Menu Skin
Osu Standart Skin
Osu Mania Skin
Osu Taiko Skin
Osu Catch The Beat Skin
Others
deadbeat
starting to sound more like this now t/96865
Coffee Hero
Lazy? lmao. Maybe they just want things more efficient than what they currently are. I personally don't see how this suggestion will work better than what its like now but you don't need to call people lazy for wanting to improve upon a far from perfect system.
PieInOblivion
This would definitely help me as I tend to swap cursors every now and then, (Many to choose from) and this would help instead of copy pasting a large skin just to change a cursor.

And an idea maybe? The ability to sort by colour. The filter will get the general colour or 'Average' colour of each image and sort it in accordance to a colour wheel??? or something like that perhaps.
Bara-
You do know this is coming is osu!next right?
I believe Flyte once revealed it (or ppy)
PieInOblivion

baraatje123 wrote:

You do know this is coming is osu!next right?
I believe Flyte once revealed it (or ppy)
*The hype continues to build* Don't play with me (I didn't know that) because otherwise this dragon will hug you to death... Ok, threatening enough not to lie to me?

You SERIOUS! *High pitched Voice*
yanQQ
I mean, it would be good to make a mixed skin.
PieInOblivion

yanQQ wrote:

I mean, it would be good to make a mixed skin.
In what world could that be consistent?

I'm sorry, what do you mean by this? To just get your favorite parts from skins and put them together into one? I have like, 6 of those already...