forum

Slider End Circle Question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rinku
I apologize if this knowledge is already know or posted on a sticky but I cannot find it anywhere.

I am looking for a way to remove the slider end hit circle. I have seen it done and realize its something about making either two different hit circle skins or animating the original hit circle but I don't know what exactly to name the respective files. I obviously still want the original hit circles and overlay, I'm just looking for a way to remove the end hit circle of a slider.
Nathanael
You should use a single hitcircleoverlay then the start/end of the sliders will be the same. :?
Also, post at the skinning support thread next time.
OsuMe65
iirc... Having an invisible (transparent) hitcircle-0.png can remove both ends of the slider.
Topic Starter
Rinku

Nathanael wrote:

You should use a single hitcircleoverlay then the start/end of the sliders will be the same. :?
Also, post at the skinning support thread next time.
I don't want them the same, that's the point of this thread. Also didn't know if it would ever be seen or answered on that thread but thanks

OsuMe65 wrote:

iirc... Having an invisible (transparent) hitcircle-0.png can remove both ends of the slider.
I found that out through testing, but how can i add the start circle from the slider without adding the end? I definitely want the beginning slider circle to appear.
Ayesha Altugle
Make the default numbers look like hitcircle from default 0 to 9, and adjust the hitcircle overlap (skin.ini) to the same size as it's width so if you got 128 px, the hitcircle overlap must be 128 also to work correctly
razavana

vahn10 wrote:

Make the default numbers look like hitcircle from default 0 to 9, and adjust the hitcircle overlap (skin.ini) to the same size as it's width so if you got 128 px, the hitcircle overlap must be 128 also to work correctly
That's mostly correct but there are some changes that need to be made, first of all, you need to make your hitcircle thats skinned into the nuber be 154 px rather then 128 because osu makes them smaller, secondly you should have added the fact that in order to remove the end you have to also make the hitcircle and hitcirleoverlay completly transparent.
Example:
Topic Starter
Rinku

vahn10 wrote:

That wouldn't work very well with hidden sliders though. Although it's a good alternative and could be useful?
razavana
This is the only way you can do this
Ayesha Altugle

However if you want this kind of behaviour, then request it in the Feature Request Forum.