forum

Bumping beatmap topic via BSS marks topic permanently unread [confirmed]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
0_o
If a map's unread thread is bumped using BSS, the thread stays as unread after viewing it.

How to replicate:
Get someone who's map's thread is currently unread to bump it using the BSS. Go to the last page of the thread, then view it in the topic listings; it should stay unread.

Ticket: http://osu.sifterapp.com/issue/219
Topic Starter
0_o
ticket plz
Gens
mask de bump
Derekku
Old bugs are just as good as new ones.
peppy
I'm not sure if this *should* make the thread unread. There is nothing new to read in there. If there is a large change, the creator will usually post a follow-up, which will make in unread. Does this not make sense?
peppy
As no one has contested my thoughts I will mark this invalid for now.
Topic Starter
0_o

peppy wrote:

I'm not sure if this *should* make the thread unread. There is nothing new to read in there. If there is a large change, the creator will usually post a follow-up, which will make in unread. Does this not make sense?
I think you might be misunderstanding the issue. If a beatmap thread is unread, then the creator bumps the thread via BSS, the thread will be stuck as unread even if you visit the thread again.
peppy
Is there an example of this happening?
Topic Starter
0_o
I would show you specific examples, but seeing as you're probably offline right now:

6&is=1&zr=0

Just open a bunch of the threads; I'm finding that about half of them remain unread after reading. You can compare the submission date to the last post date to verify.
Topic Starter
0_o
(bump)
deadbeat
yeah. i've had something like that happen. i fixed it by marking the whole forum section as read >_>
peppy
Are you sure you are going to the last page of the thread? I still can't seem to replicate this.
deadbeat

peppy wrote:

Are you sure you are going to the last page of the thread? I still can't seem to replicate this.
I have been. Cause i notice mostly from bookmarked threads, so i all ways go to the last post
MillhioreF
Completely sure about this, I can even click the little "Last post" marker off to the right and still have it unread (an example is http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/47057 this thread in the Pending forum)
Maybe the reason you can't replicate it has something to do with staff members being able to see deleted posts? When the most recent post in a thread gets deleted, then the thread retains unread status until another post is made and read - perhaps the two problems are related.
peppy
Deleting posts correctly marks as unread for me (no, we can't see deleted posts).

Also, it is now impossible to "bump" a beatmap, so I am not sure this will happen again in the future.
peppy
I'm marking this is "resolved" tentatively. Bump this thread if it happens on new beatmaps and causes issues.
Derekku
I guess this was never stated, but this has nothing to do with bumping a beatmap through BSS. Just updating the map causes the thread to stay as unread.

This is from egosearch, by the way!
Mercurial
Sorry for bumping this...

As you can see, I've commented in Andrea's map, but the thread didn't lose the unread status.
MillhioreF
Indeed; this still happens from BSS bumps. Moving back to low priority.
MillhioreF
Bump! BSS updates still cause this to happen, which means I have a topic in my bookmarked topics list that will never be marked as unread unless someone else posts in it or I mark the whole beatmap forum as read. Quite irritating.