forum

New mouse

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Blueprint
I have a new mouse with a dpi function but its slightly faster than what I'm used to so I went from 5 to 6 in my mouse pointer speed.

5 is to slow and 6 is slightly to fast I can't adjust my osu setting because it activates raw input and it freezes my mouse and I can't move it.

My shitty mouse is 800 dpi

the better 1 is 800/1600 but read above ^
Mathsma
I don't understand
Zerzxes
What mouse do you got? Are you sure the sensors are without acceleration? Mouse accel will differ the feel of a mouse, and you real,ly want to avoid it.
Topic Starter
Blueprint
Mouse accel is disabled by default What I meant anyway was anyway I can make there DPI the same but the better mouse feels slightly slower by default if I change my windows pointer speed to 6 its to fast so I needed a point between 5 &6 so I tryed adjusting the osu sensitivity but that activates raw input which then freezes my mouse entirely I cannot move it in osu
Mathsma
First of all, keep your windows mouse pointer on 1~4/11 or 6/11, 5/11 causes inconsistencies. Also the difference in speed is probably the mouse weight. The 'better' mouse is probably heavier than the other one. I would just try to get used to the weight.
MrBakpao
well i'm using 7/11 windows setting and 1,2 sensitivity osu it's better
Zerzxes

Blueprint wrote:

Mouse accel is disabled by default What I meant anyway was anyway I can make there DPI the same but the better mouse feels slightly slower by default if I change my windows pointer speed to 6 its to fast so I needed a point between 5 &6 so I tryed adjusting the osu sensitivity but that activates raw input which then freezes my mouse entirely I cannot move it in osu
I alread guessed you have the windows setting off. but are your sure the mouse's sensor don't have accel? My old mouse had acceleration in itself and actually most mouse do have accel. the newest gen optic sensors are the ones without. so again, what mouse do you have?
Topic Starter
Blueprint
new is gigabyte m6800
bad 1 is logitech b110
AmaiHachimitsu
From bad to bad. Nice purchase.

So you didn't really change DPI, but the speed somehow changed? What kind of sorcery is that?

Keep 800 dpi, osu! and windows default settings and just get used to it. It's either too fast or too slow for you because you're adjusted to the settings between.

Remember that you can change sensitivity and maintain the precision via changing your resolution. the lower the faster.
B1rd
Why is it always native English speakers who are the hardest to understand...
Topic Starter
Blueprint

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

From bad to bad. Nice purchase.

So you didn't really change DPI, but the speed somehow changed? What kind of sorcery is that?

Keep 800 dpi, osu! and windows default settings and just get used to it. It's either too fast or too slow for you because you're adjusted to the settings between.

Remember that you can change sensitivity and maintain the precision via changing your resolution. the lower the faster.
it came with my computer I never bothered to use it.

"Why not just use what you have been using"? Sweaty hands
iWhorse
6\11
otherwise i don't really think anyone knows what you're wanting lol
iderekmc
if u notice the speed has increased then the dpi have increased just lower them to what they were before and use 6/11 like iwhorse says
RaneFire
I wonder how many people actually realise how mice work.

Just because two different manufacturers say that their mouse is 800 DPI, does not necessarily mean that they both measure exactly 800 dots per inch. The chances are relatively high (yo pun) that each mouse is only "close to" that value, but could fall either side of it, and could still be true for mice from the same manufacturer.

This is easy to test when using the sensitivity/360 degree calculation. Then... in an FPS game with raw input, and a degree/major-axis HUD on screen, actually measuring the distance on your mouse pad with a ruler. The difference can be quite significant and it is sure to be different between mice. It's also best to test on different surfaces, since different mice behave differently on different surfaces... another factor.

Afaik one of the Zowie mice had this issue with its lens, where it's 450 DPI setting was actually 490 DPI.

So in short... it is for you own good to find a good mouse that you like, and stick with it for years... When you change mice, something else changes too, besides the grip, and it's not always as simple as a relative DPI value, as I have experienced. If you came from a bad mouse, adjusting to a good mouse may even feel weird.
Topic Starter
Blueprint
I've always used cheap mouses gaming mice with extra buttons don't really appeal to me because I'm rather bad with a keyboard so I play MMORPGS with a controller