forum

Micro Area/Sensitivity vs Resolution

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Doku
So exactly what is the advantage of decreasing window size of osu! rather than just decreasing micro area/sensitivity?
[ Stellar ]
Cursor movement is more stable and you see everything.
Mathsma
The difference is preference. Do you like visually bigger circles and have no issues with your peripheral vision? Larger screen. Do you like being able to see everything without relying on peripheral vision much and don't mind the smaller circles? Smaller resolution.

A disadvantage to using windowed is that you see more input latency on the cursor. With full screen the latency is very small and feels very responsive, and while you can reduce the latency on windowed by disabling desktop composition and some other tweaks it will still have more input latency than full screen.

EDIT: The advantage to keeping the same area and decreasing window size is that you keep the muscle memory and just have to focus on getting more cursor control. I swap between 1366x768 and 1600x900 quite often depending on how I feel that day and it takes me no time at all to switch back and forth because I have the muscle memory for my tablet area already.
Rinku
On certain operating systems, you experience less lag in full screen. Before you say you don't notice any, there probably is and I definitely notice some on my computer. (decent computer with 4kfps on osu!) But yea across the screen jumps its harder to focus on.
Pannari
Nothing beats fullscreen DirectX performance.

In fullscreen, the circles are bigger (easier to hit) but you have to move your eyes more.

On windowed (which I prefer) you have to move your eyes less.
Rewben2
I play 1024x768. I prefer having a smaller screen so I can see everything easier and I also like the 4:3 resolution to keep the horizontal+vertical movement similar.
Astar
1024x768 Master Race