Call me back if you want me to make a skin preview(video) for this ~ :3

Also, this comboburst might be huge, but in-game its not huge, trust me ~ :3
Topic Starter
Garin

Lapis Aoki wrote:

This skin doesn't have a comboburst ~ :< So I decided to give you one ~ :3
Call me back if you want me to make a skin preview(video) for this ~ :3

Also, this comboburst might be huge, but in-game its not huge, trust me ~ :3
Thanks but as i've said before i don't play with combobursts, people are free to add their own to the skin if they so desire but i won't be including any sorry. :c
Houtarou Oreki
Very good skin
10/10
It is very clear - unlike most other skins - so playing with it is, like someone before me said, very comfortable <3
Chewin113
+1
Sumicchi
I love this skinnnnn <3
It's so clean and playable. Hands down my new favourite x3 excellent work!
Tycru
Really nice looking, Ill have to give it a go myself :D
XI567298
Perfect skin thanks :D
h1b1k11
Hmm... Seems cool. I'm going to try it! ;)
Topic Starter
Garin
Hey guys so i had some free time today so i decided to fix a few things that had been bothering me with this skin.

Added new Ranking-Perfect (bye bye Yui-chan~)
Changed Cursor
Changed Section-Pass and Section-Fail (if you like the old ones better i put them in the Extras folder)
Added 300's to work on Ranking-Panel
Fixed a lot of things that made me rage!!
Added a Blank comboburst to get you nerds off my back! (srsly i know theres no comboburst i dont like them D:)
oh i also added the skin i use for Mania mainly for me but i hope you like it too :3

i guess thats it guys (and gals) this is the final version! thanks to everyone for the feedback i had a lot of fun making this skin <3 <3 <3

EDIT: oops i forgot to change the menu sounds D: if you'd like something different from the Metal Gear menu sounds drop these into the skin folder
http://puu.sh/adOfD.zip

:D
Noodle28
Hello, the download mirror does not seem to work for me. My browser lags for a bit and I get this huge wall of weird mixed characters. Is this a known issue?
Topic Starter
Garin

Noodle28 wrote:

Hello, the download mirror does not seem to work for me. My browser lags for a bit and I get this huge wall of weird mixed characters. Is this a known issue?

My friend gets the same problem when using firefox but on chrome it works fine, i'll reupload asap.

Edit: Reuploaded :)
Noodle28

[Garin] wrote:

Noodle28 wrote:

My friend gets the same problem when using firefox but on chrome it works fine, i'll reupload asap.

Edit: Reuploaded :)
Works fine now. Thanks alot!
Ryan Michael Ho
Can't work? :shock: :roll:

I can download it, but when i'm extrract in , on the osu skin is not work
The osu skin is still standart
:o
Topic Starter
Garin

Ryan Michael Ho wrote:

this may sound silly but try clicking on another skin then back to this skin, if that doesnt work try the .zip version :)
Jic_old
Spinner makes me lag. Unrecommended.
Topic Starter
Garin

Jic wrote:

Spinner makes me lag. Unrecommended.
gonna need more information than just "spinner makes me lag" :roll:
Q13
@ Jic I don't have any problem with the spinner. I keep my FPS limited at 120 though as that's the only way I can get away from lag (most of the time). To be fair, I didn't lag for a second with this skin (so far), while playing. It's unnervingly smooth actually...kinda scares me *silly chuckle*

I didn't venture in the Extras folder btw, I'm content with how the skin looks as is. On with the impression on this skin:

I am not a Miku fan but I find that I can play decently with this skin which says a lot considering I'm bad at this game. I'm pleasantly surprised by this skin. I'm picky with skins but I can actually make sense of this one (can see when circles stack and read patterns and so on).

The thickness of the approach circles is good for me and the cursor is awesome, really visible but not eye poking at all, I don't lose it on the screen or when spinning (I can see it really nicely then) but it doesn't distract me...when I don't simply stare and admire it, that's it. ;)

I like the fact that the Mode/Mods/Random/Options stay hidden as that de-clutters the screen and the buttons/skin selection background are nice to look at.

I saw you mentioned wanting to change the life-bar in your first post since someone requested that but I actually like the life bar as it doesn't distract you. I barely notice it at the beginning but otherwise it's pleasantly tucked away from view and it's pretty too.

I also appreciate that there's not a Miku overdose. I find the skip button adorable (the small sparkles too) and I can make myself ignore the Miku on the spinner even though I'd prefer her a bit more to the left as it looks squished towards the center.
I also like the pause menus, the pass one and so on. They are tasteful and pleasant to look at. (It's a Miku skin so yeah, it's expected she'll be in there somewhere, right? Plus, they don't have the same overused Miku imagine. They are pwetty images).

The red pause arrows are a bit off the style compared to the rest of the skin. Maybe if they were a bit bigger (and/or similar to the slider's return arrow -they look really nice changing color depending on the slider's-) they would be more visible and fit in more.

The scroll-though-maps-thingy-sounds are a bit...nail on the chalkboard-like (that sounds extreme but I'm bad at explanations), at least for my ears, they aren't unbearable if I avoid them as much as possible, but I wouldn't mind others.

Of course, I can easily replace those 2 (some of the sounds and the pause arrows things from other skins, I'm not saying you should necessary change them just because I poked you about them, it's just feedback. :oops:

I like everything else though, promise! Thanks for a great skin! *gives jaffacakes and hugs you*

I don't play much besides standard but I'm curious to see your hand at the other modes if you ever feel up for that (especially CTB).
Topic Starter
Garin

Q13 wrote:

BIG WALL OF FEEDBACK I MADE SMALLER SO PEOPLES EYES DONT BLEED READING THIS POST (sorry D:)
*destroys jaffa cakes* mmm.. now thats out of the way, thanks for the feedback really detailed just what i like :P

I was planning on changing the life bar when i first started this skin but it's since grown on me so it's staying!

Red Pause arrows? hmmm... ohh you mean the warning arrow for a new section correct? if so thats intended to be red i wanted it blue but it looked too similar to the reverse arrow so i went with red instead, i dont use arrow keys to navigate the menu so i've never noticed this >.<

As for the menu sounds i uploaded an alternate menu sound pack in a previous post as i forgot to change them when uploading this version, i recommend trying them out i guarantee you'll like them a lot more :)

as for CTB and other modes i included a skin i use to play mania with this version (try it out if you haven't!) it fits the theme nicely and is exactly what i wanted for this skin, i can probably throw together a CTB skin when i have some free time if theres enough demand for it (pls let me know!)

oh last thing i have never played taiko so i have no idea where to begin with skinning for it so i'm just gonna leave it as is unless someone is willing to teach me the ways/collaborate to make one with me (please message me either ingame or here on the forums if you wanna get something going!)

Thanks for the feedback i really appreciate it <3
Noodle28

[Garin] wrote:

oh last thing i have never played taiko so i have no idea where to begin with skinning for it so i'm just gonna leave it as is unless someone is willing to teach me the ways/collaborate to make one with me (please message me either ingame or here on the forums if you wanna get something going!)
Just came by to say that the taiko skin is a bit messed up. The inner and outer drum indicators are slightly under the circle in which they are supposed to be. I guess you will see it for yourself once you try taiko. Then again it also could be a problem on my side.
Topic Starter
Garin

Noodle28 wrote:

[Garin] wrote:

Just came by to say that the taiko skin is a bit messed up. The inner and outer drum indicators are slightly under the circle in which they are supposed to be. I guess you will see it for yourself once you try taiko. Then again it also could be a problem on my side.
i think it's cause of the skin version, if i try change to latest though everything else breaks so i'll just have to make a taiko skin, as i said before if anyone is willing to help/collaborate on a taiko skin please message me either here or ingame :)
Anastasiya_Kot
Very good! I like this skins!
Dare
i like it :) well made skin nothing that is distracting!
easy to play with good job! :)
HanaNoHanabira
It's really good ;) but why just the menu isn't changed for me? :(
All the other modifications are done but not this one :/

The menu is still like the original "osu!'s"...
Topic Starter
Garin

HanaNoHanabira wrote:

It's really good ;) but why just the menu isn't changed for me? :(
All the other modifications are done but not this one :/

The menu is still like the original "osu!'s"...
That's a Supporter only feature, it sucks i know :(
Suschy
I Love it :)

It's nice to use :3
HanaNoHanabira

[Garin] wrote:

That's a Supporter only feature, it sucks i know :(
Anwww... :( :cry:
Still keeping it tho!
Will3x
Hey there

The HP bar is made by me, please don't use others work without their permission..

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/189008
Topic Starter
Garin

Will3x wrote:

Hey there

The HP bar is made by me, please don't use others work without their permission..

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/189008
ah was wondering when this was gonna come up, its actually a recreation of your hp bar but if you want me to change it i will
deadbeat
i wasn't aware of this ;w;
might be better to change it
Topic Starter
Garin
its fine, i got some spare time atm so i'll just make it different :)
Topic Starter
Garin
Okay just updated the main post with links.
i also put the PSD for the health bar in the PSD folder if you want to check anything and i also added a new Play-skip i made a few days ago :)

Edit: added a link for Alternate menu sounds as i keep forgetting to change them from the MGS ones, i know im dumb -______-
Rithela
The taiko skin is a lil messed up. I saw someone else here posted about this as well. It's not a huge deal, just a minor peeve but is there anyway around this? Could it be my resolution? I play at 1366x768, so I know that's a wonky resolution. I do have the latest version of the skin and all that. I love the standard skin, it's amazing. ;D Just taiko is buggin' me a bit. :P Here's a screenshot just to show ya what's goin' on.
http://puu.sh/av6Hu/315ab2ff9b.jpg
Topic Starter
Garin

White Fatalis X wrote:

The taiko skin is a lil messed up. I saw someone else here posted about this as well. It's not a huge deal, just a minor peeve but is there anyway around this? Could it be my resolution? I play at 1366x768, so I know that's a wonky resolution. I do have the latest version of the skin and all that. I love the standard skin, it's amazing. ;D Just taiko is buggin' me a bit. :P Here's a screenshot just to show ya what's goin' on.
this is because of the Version in Skin.ini but if you change it to latest or whatever then standard gets messed up too, i guess the only option would be to add a taiko skin to the skins folder or just use a different skin for taiko, sorry :(
Rithela

[Garin] wrote:

White Fatalis X wrote:

this is because of the Version in Skin.ini but if you change it to latest or whatever then standard gets messed up too, i guess the only option would be to add a taiko skin to the skins folder or just use a different skin for taiko, sorry :(

Oh okay. Gotcha. I'll just do that then. xD Thanks! :D
Antilx
Nice skin, thanks ;3
Ryan Michael Ho

[Garin] wrote:

Ryan Michael Ho wrote:

this may sound silly but try clicking on another skin then back to this skin, if that doesnt work try the .zip version :)
Still can't work , when i extract it , i don't know how to copy to the Osu , need help pls :3
I use all of the mirrors and still can;t work for me :(

I'm newbeh :'v
Topic Starter
Garin
Still can't work , when i extract it , i don't know how to copy to the Osu , need help pls :3
I use all of the mirrors and still can;t work for me :(

once you extract the zip copy the folder and paste it in C:/Program Files/Osu!/Skins (or where ever you installed Osu!) ezpz lmn sqz
show more