forum

[resolved] Reset at the beginning of a song

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maaku-
Problem Details:
Depending on which song I play (How long the intro lasts). When the first circle appears and I click on it, the circle resets/lags and you sometimes miss a circle. I've already tried changing to OpenGL and back to DirectX change screen resolution and set Osu's affinity on 1 core. It started yesterday and it's quite annoying T_T especially if you try to fc.

My Operating system is Windows 8.1 if thats important

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Sigh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqEWh52Lumk

osu! version: 20140410.5 (latest)
FlyingNeko
Try using a different skin.
Kluddio
There is a few things you can do, Like FlyingNeko said, You can try to swap skin.
You can also try to change from dirextX to OpenGl or the other way around.
test out the Test Version of osu and see if the problem is still there.
Move out your song folder to a safe location and then uninstall Osu and re install it.

If the problem is still there, You can ask me again and i could prop come up with a few new ideas.
Piine

Cloudio-san wrote:

There is a few things you can do, Like FlyingNeko said, You can try to swap skin.
You can also try to change from dirextX to OpenGl or the other way around.
test out the Test Version of osu and see if the problem is still there.
Move out your song folder to a safe location and then uninstall Osu and re install it.

If the problem is still there, You can ask me again and i could prop come up with a few new ideas.
Please remember that osu! test is only for users with a supporter tag so testing with the test client is a thrown out idea.
Kluddio

Sulker wrote:

Please remember that osu! test is only for users with a supporter tag so testing with the test client is a thrown out idea.
Right, Forgot about that.
But he should prop try out the other things, DirectX and OpenGL can fuck up things.
Topic Starter
Maaku-
So, firstly thanks for the tips guys! Unfortunately non of em did work I even tried out the Osu!test.

I wonder what could cause that problem it might just be my operating System ya know.... Windows 8.1 T_T
Kluddio

xBoring wrote:

So, firstly thanks for the tips guys! Unfortunately non of em did work I even tried out the Osu!test.

I wonder what could cause that problem it might just be my operating System ya know.... Windows 8.1 T_T
Thats why we stay W7 untill they fix W8 ;)
I will type if i figure something out
MillhioreF
Seems like something wrong with your audio drivers. Try updating/reinstalling them.
Topic Starter
Maaku-
My audio drivers are all up to date I didn't have this problem since the 16th of April.
DarkKanaki
Try force updating Osu! and see if it still does it.
If it does, try reinstalling Osu! and see if it fixes itself.
MillhioreF
Don't ever reinstall osu!, all problems that can be fixed by doing so can be solved in a much better way. Running the updater will make sure your files aren't damaged.
GitahMuttan
Try changing fps maybe?
Topic Starter
Maaku-
Uhmm... well now that I've tried updating osu I get an error message Lol and osu can't update
Topic Starter
Maaku-
Well now I've downloaded the newest installer and it installed (I was worried for a sec :P) But the reset is still there :/
DarkKanaki

GitahMuttan wrote:

Try changing fps maybe?
^
What he said.
By the looks of it, you haven't got the best computer out there.
I would set your FPS to unlimited maybe(?) (which is what I have it on).
Also, make sure you are not running anything else that may take a lot of processing memory as well.
Open Task Manager and go into process and see if there is anything that could be making Osu! run slower than usual.
Full Tablet
Check you Universal Offset, it should be a value close to 0.
Topic Starter
Maaku-
Well today I woke up and Osu! reseted on its own the reset at the beginning of a song is fixed now thanks!
DarkKanaki
Oh... Well that was convenient...
I guess resolved...
GitahMuttan
good for you then.
amsa_old
im having the same problem too! you aren't the only one :(
Trosk-

amsa wrote:

im having the same problem too! you aren't the only one :(
Do not bump archived threads please... Create a new thread if you have an issue.