forum

miss.wav - For each time you miss (And grades)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +32
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
Combo break is one thing, but it would be nice to know just how many notes you miss. Then you can find out if you're having trouble in one area and should practice it. I also thought of..

300.wav
100.wav
50.wav

For people who want to listen to a sound instead of see it on the screen. I would love this, as then I can know when I get a bad grade (Like a 50) And know how much I'm missing when playing CtB (In fast maps, it's hard to tell where you miss and how much you miss using the combo count at the bottom left, especially when using Hidden)

It would be rather nice in my opinion. But it's just my opinion.
Nathanael
Oinari-sama

Nathanael wrote:

Hmm? t/183078
I think the OP of this thread explains it better than the other one.
Nathanael
Yeah, Kitokofox explains it better than the thread I linked.
Additionally, this thread has a star priority so I'll mark that other one as a duplicate (no star priority).
Unsafeman121
I really like this idea. I think it would be really helpful to have.

In terms of the 300,100 and 50.wavs ~ I know that I'm not too keen on flashy visuals for the misses or hits so mine are very low-key, but that can make it hard to tell what I'm hitting and where i am going wrong as you can't really see what mistakes you are making. I think that adding these would really give the potential for players to improve, especially on tracks where they are struggling at a particular section.

+1
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
Well, it can also make for a good alternative for the visual 300 100 and 50, some people might want to play that way instead of seeing hit bursts, it could become quite useful in that case.
BBB
We were talking today in #osu about a similar feature that could be integrated with this.

It bothers me (and other players) when it's hard to tell whether we missed a note- sometimes you don't get an audio cue for missing a note because your combo was too small.

Right now, I don't get an audio cue for breaking a combo of less than ~10 or so. This bothers me because sometimes there are hitobjects with quiet hitsounds, or the hitsounds blend in, or I'm unsure whether I hit a note or not.

What if there were an option to change the threshold for a missed hitobject audio cue? From ~10 to, say, 4 or 5? Then I wouldn't have to glance down at the combo count to check whether I missed the note or not :)
Mira-san
Support.
No stars though.
TheVileOne
There are skins that plays sounds when you miss.
DeletedUser_3905941
I can't see the point in this. If you miss, look out for your combobreak picture? And if you don't know if you've missed on slider breaks, try and listen for your combobreak sound? If you have broke your combo and you know it, wouldn't you just restart if this is an issue for you? And its self explanatory if you break your combo when you start a map. Sorry but I just don't like the idea of this at all, seems pointless and if it was integrated, it would be pretty annoying to hear the same sound over again on stuff such as streams.
DENKOUSEKKA
Aren't there always sounds when you miss?
Nathanael
The sound effect doesn't play if you have less than 30 combo.