forum

[resolved] [confirmed] BSS stucks at "Distributing to global network"

posted
Total Posts
show more
Charles445
Yeah it looks like the site gets the new version but the thread never gets made.
vergy_old
I'm encountering the same problem here. Please fix it i need to update my beatmap :v
Liiraye
This issue has happened tonnes of times before iirc. Threadspam every time ;')
Charles445

Liiraye wrote:

This issue has happened tonnes of times before iirc. Threadspam every time ;')
This particular one is far more widespread than before. Usually this fixes when someone restarts their game or deletes their submission cache.
arviejhay
How to delete Submission cache?
peppy
Should be fixed now. Apologies for that.
neonat
I restarted osu, as well as waited 14mins, but to no avail (after several earlier attempts)

Topic Starter
17VA
pls

Lach
I had this again yesterday and was about to get on here and bitch that it still isn't fixed, but I just deleted my cache and it worked. No problems since. Try that, guys.
Sorarei
this should already work and fixed.
Topic Starter
17VA
CPLs
uhhh...doesn't seem to fix...

I'll retry and see if it fixes the problem
HabiHolic
ORZ.....
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Eizan Arizawa
i'm not stuck when Distributing to global network but when i wanna update my map i got this message
Beige
OTL T^T
TheVileOne
Please remove the .osz2 file from the submission cache and it should work. The submission cached version is corrupted.

Server side error is indication that you have either corrupted .osu data, or filenames with invalid characters, or files that should not be in your map folder.
Maiz94
Tried deleting .osz2 in submission cache and still stuck at Distributing-you-know-what.

Edit : Also, I'll be testing to make it 'work' on my timezone.

GMT+8
00:00 -
00:30 -
01:00 -
01:30 -
02:00 -
02:30 -
03:00 -
03:30 -
04:00 -
04:30 -
05:00 -
05:30 -
06:00 -
06:30 -
07:00 -
07:30 -
08:00 -
08:30 -
09:00 -
09:30 -
10:00 -
10:30 -
11:00 -
11:30 -
12:00 -
12:30 -
13:00 -
13:30 -
14:00 -
14:30 -
15:00 -
15:30 -
16:00 -
16:30 -
17:00 -
17:30 -
18:00 -
18:30 - First try, it works. 2nd try, it works 3rd try, it works.
19:00 -
19:30 -
20:00 -
20:30 -
21:00 -
21:30 -
22:00 -
22:30 -
23:00 -
23:30 -
SuperContact
I'm still experiencing this issue! I have deleted the osz2 submission cache, but it still stucks at the Distributing thing and it keeps creating empty pages like this:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/434745
(I opened these pages by clicking at the beatmap listing/scores button)
seovince
aaaanddd i experiencing this problem again.. jeez :(
neonat
Stuck, here I am trying at 2am GMT +8

Still can't update my Marathon
theleoleole
Wow this is weird..
Happens to me aswell.. Deleted SubmissionCache. Failed. Trying again and failed.

And now it magically work i don't do anything._.
aruvi
I tried to upload my first beatmap. Aaand stuck with this "Distributing to global network". How can I fix it? D:
The Girls
Is this error message going around again?
Ryu Sei
Bump. It stucks when updating my map. Mapset 151649, 1221PM UTC+7, June 28th 2014.
Yes. On this map only. My other maps are fine.
IamKwaN
Take a look at ppy's post: p/3197124
FiahRose
One month later since last reply.
BUMP. Stuck at Distributing to global network
FiahRose
BUMP, AGAIN. STUCK AT "DISTRIBUTING TO GLOBAL NETWORK", PLEASE HELP ME, I'VE BEEN WORKING ON MY BEATMAP FOR A MONTH NOW AND I CAN'T UPLOAD IT. I'M SPEAKING IN FULL BIG RED CAPS TO SHOW HOW ANGRY I AM.
Bara-
Try to delete the submissioncache folder in the data folder which is in the osu! Folder
Also try again after restarting pc and/or reconnect with internet
FiahRose

baraatje123 wrote:

Try to delete the submissioncache folder in the data folder which is in the osu! Folder
Also try again after restarting pc and/or reconnect with internet
:arrow: http://puu.sh/bqG5j/daf04b0b82.jpg

Please. Show me where it is. If it's "a" folder, I'll have you know I tried deleting it a couple of times.
And also, this isn't the first time I'm trying to upload.
:( :?
FiahRose
Bumponion justice. Why am I having so much trouble uploading a simple beatmap ?
Bara-
Bumping after a few hours?
Stefan
FiahRose, can you please stop bumping this after few hours? This won't solve it any faster and it's pretty annoying and spamy.
FiahRose

Stefan wrote:

FiahRose, can you please stop bumping this after few hours? This won't solve it any faster and it's pretty annoying and spamy.

baraatje123 wrote:

Bumping after a few hours?
I'm sorry for the quick bump and spam. I was a little bit paranoid about uploading my map.
Anyways, sorry for the troubles (managed to upload my map), here's my tip for anyone getting problems and finding this post:

Try whenever you can, Leave you PC on how long you need/can, Mine took 2-3 hours at the first time. It doesn't always work, but with given time you can upload your map.
Factorial
I changed a background on my beatmap and experiencing this now!
sarysa
Well, the Google sent me here, and I'm getting it as well. Where is the resolution for this? I'm as likely to find it digging through all the pages as I am to figure out all those beatmaps with hair-pulling back and forth stacking. ATM I'm just going to give up for today and upload it tomorrow...

EDIT 1
Ok, well I found this:
Please remove the .osz2 file from the submission cache and it should work. The submission cached version is corrupted.

Server side error is indication that you have either corrupted .osu data, or filenames with invalid characters, or files that should not be in your map folder.
Problem is, if I do this, I end up with a completely new beatmap ID. That's not good.
OTOH, my current map is corrupted and has a messed up fake Easy mode with no stars on anything.

What should I do? Submit the new one if it ever gets past Distibruting... (3 minutes so far) or no?

EDIT 2
Well crud. Now I've permanently lost association between this beatmap and my work. Undeleting the .osz2 file accomplished nothing and it STILL gets stuck. I hope I can get around this by installing the package from the server manually moving the files around, but I feel like I've made things worse.

EDIT 3
Alright, I got ownership back by moving my original directory out, installing the server copy, and then copying my beatmap files over.

It's worth noting that I had to fix the author's name. I wouldn't be surprised if that's to blame for the trouble I'm having. (though then again, it got stuck on the fresh submission too...)
It's still another WIP I'm submitting so it's no big deal, but it'd be nice to have that peace of mind of a server-side backup. (I've added a difficulty) Still getting stuck on distributing, and that's with that osz2 file gone and with my having ownership of the beatmap set again.
I'll try keeping it open for awhile but it's annoying that I can't minimize it.

EDIT 4
I'd read another thread that said to update osu! Thing is, I already had the most up to date version.
But I think I found the definitive solution to this problem, which is:
Try again tomorrow
In the end, I didn't do anything special to get the beatmap to upload. I just waited a couple days and it suddenly worked. Guess it's just a simple server-side issue.