forum

Rhythm problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
theLiminator
Hey guys, I'm a M+KB player, and I'm finding that my timing is terrible. I'm actually fairly good at doing fast jumps and stuff, but my click timing sucks. What do you guys recommend for improving it? I'm still a pretty big noob, but I'm easily limited by my timing at this point. I usually don't have problems clicking stuff and tend to fail more from poor timing.
GoldenWolf
Play more.

Really.
Coffee Hero
Well you're just starting so thats natural and you shouldn't worry about it
XGeneral2000
The only real advice there is besides "practice more" is to make sure you're listening to the beat of the song and using that to hit notes instead of trying to use the approach circles. Make sure your hitsounds are turned up and use them as feedback to find out if you're hitting early or late.

Other than that, accuracy will come with practice. I still remember when OD6 was impossible for me.
Soarezi

XGeneral2000 wrote:

Other than that, accuracy will come with practice. I still remember when OD6 was impossible for me.
Is that even possible?
[ Stellar ]
Practice AR7-8 (Hard difficulties).
I pretty much did that for about two and a half months. It trains your reading ability, so you will learn how to hit notes in rhythm.
Then spam AR9 for speed.

That pretty much sums up what I did, but other people do things differently.
Vuelo Eluko
Maybe your offset needs changing because input delay, or you're getting bad latency because of your framera-

Play Count: 1,603

Nevermind. Play more.
Karuta-_old_1

GoldenWolf wrote:

Play more.

Really.
Other than that, using a headphone or a better headphone may help you
10crystalmask01
If the main problem your having is with the timing during game play (eg. hitting notes too early, or too late), you can always adjust the Universal offset in the options tab.

Just don't go too crazy with it.
iderekmc
u have to play with over 300 fps
Blueprint
I think you should just sit there and farm your top performances until you reach 99 overall accuracy who know's maybe something will click.
Depends on your patience and how eager you are
Topic Starter
theLiminator
Btw, is it bad to play nofail mod? Recently I've been thinking that it would cause me to spam more instead of being super accurate. I've found that I've been more accurate when I pay more attention to the approach circles... I don't know, maybe I'm rhythmically challenged. As a test if I play with relax mod on, I can usually do pretty well.
Vuelo Eluko
if you're spamming with nofail then no, it's only a good idea if the drain is too harsh for you but you can read and play the map still

take it from me, im still damaged from doing that when i was new for several thousand plays

its also why i have 2.2 mil hits at only 8k plays
Kyno

theLiminator wrote:

I've found that I've been more accurate when I pay more attention to the approach circles... I don't know, maybe I'm rhythmically challenged.
Ssome things work better for other people.
And no, your not rhythmically challenged. You just have a different play style and all.
I remember I paid no attention to hit circle and used rhythm... (HD mod <3)
And there are some people who use hit circles only, (HR, DT, etc)

On another note, just play more, try get best accuracy, and enjoy~