forum

Osu logic

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Senpoii
>Plays Osu for 3-7 hours.
>Passes all kinds of songs with ranks A,SS,S,B...
>Uses mods. (mainly HD)
>Passes people in scoreboards for Country.
>Still lose rank.

Heyo, was rank 32k global, now 34.9 and still going up.\
Was rank 900 Canada, now 1,116.

All the wat? I thought I'd last gain 1 pp, not lose 16.

Taiko.
>Fails a song miserably.
>can't fc barely anything.
>2 S's and all B's and A's.
>Doesn't pass anyone on scoreboards.

Heyo, I'm rank 9k global and 160 in canada on Taiko.

I play on a daily basis, and I'm still losing rank.
Liiraye
recalc or ppl passed u >:(
Topic Starter
Senpoii
That's a lot of recalculating. Saying I've be idling at 34.9k for the past week now. Like I said, I play on a daily basis and my pp barely budges. If it does, it drops a little.
Nub1
Remember, rank is just a number
Topic Starter
Senpoii

Adicchi wrote:

Remember, rank is just a number
I'm working very hard on that number. I have goals I wanna accomplish on this game. I wanna get to OWC-level some day lol
Mara
> > > > > xDDDDDD

rank is for scrubs anyway, that is the truth
PinkHusky

Liiraye wrote:

recalc or ppl passed u >:(
There wasn't a re-calc and a rank 1000 is just as good as a rank 50 in PPv2.

Mara wrote:

> > > > > xDDDDDD

Ew, Some people enjoy competitive play and you know it stop acting unintelligent.

Anyways, too answer your question on why your rank keeps dropping.
If you're using HD to beat your old scores then you're losing PP because of your accuracy dropping.
You also need to remember you're not the only one who plays osu!. For every single day I don't play I lose 25~ rank or so at rank 13k at your rank it's even more prevalent. You need to really keep playing and improve a lot to beat other people also improving. Also, sometimes that 100% SS is better than 97% HD PP wise.

Not as many people play Taiko as osu!. So 9k may be osu!'s 60k+? You're probably not the best at it and don't have as many scores as you have in osu! game mode so you gain lots of pp% from your scores.
Witch Mercy

Mara wrote:

> > > > > xDDDDDD

qft
ivan
ur only losing pp becus ur getting shit scores that are beating your highest. If you had lower accuracy than ur highest score u had then you lose PP. And what would you expect? There are lots of people ranking everyday. Of course your rank would drop or increase when u complete a song. Suck it up
TicClick
/thread
[ Stellar ]
Don't question the logic of osu!.
osu! logic is absolute.

You're either playing maps that don't give pp, or you're playing maps that give pp but your scores are shit.
Sync
just focus on getting better for now
Vuelo Eluko
Cringing sooooooooooooooooo hard

focus on speed, ive more or less only been playing DT. DT increases OD so your acc will improve, so will your aim and especially your speed

HR is kind of useless until much harder maps because a lot of hards and lighter insanes that become AR10 you spend a lot of times [comparatively speaking] inbetween notes with nothing but a blank play area...
Noobita
cry more QQ more
Topic Starter
Senpoii
Thanks to all those giving me great feedback, it's just been bugging me and I'm trying to get pass this roadblock.
Kouya-
I've only been playing for 2 months now and yes, I totally agree with the logic .

I especially hate it when you're doing a map on insane or extra and quit in like 15 seconds of game play, your rank and your acc drops dramatically like for example -0.30% acc and -600 Rank # D:

Like, why ? I work so hard to boost myself up and then one song that you barely even start just brings you down that much . I know the weight of Easy to Insane maps, but why so much drop-edge . e.e
Sync

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Cringing sooooooooooooooooo hard

focus on speed
sure, if you want to turn into aqo
Mara

PinkHusky wrote:

Ew, Some people enjoy competitive play and you know it stop acting unintelligent.
Yeah, of course you can't play competitive without ranks!! That's crazy!
dkun
t/127544

does no one ever read the top of the forum?