forum

How do I go about becoming better at Taiko?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Apathetic Neko
I can do anything below muzukashii level.
I can't read fast maps at all, and at that level my eyes start feeling dry as hell.
How should I go about improving? Halftime? Nofail hard maps?
roufou
I recommend playing the same map you find hard to pass/fc but have a basic grasp of over and over
OzzyOzrock
Yes, I've invited many people over to osu! to play Taiko and what helps them a lot is to pick a song, and slowly improve on that one song.

This works for two reaosns:
1. Since you've played the song a lot, you begin to learn it, so you can use the song to sharpen your finger skills instead of struggling to read the new notes.
2. It overall helps you read notes a lot better since your eyes and your hands will get used to seeing the colored notes and thinking, "ah, just like in the other songs".

After you feel you've gotten better (C rank to A etc.) move on to a different map and see how you do there.

Then, play for two years straight and you'll be decent!!
Noobita
פשוט תמשיך לשחק
darkmiz
Try making your game window smaller, less eye movement = less strain. Most important thing is reading the notes correctly.
Dolphin

darkmiz wrote:

Try making your game window smaller, less eye movement = less strain. Most important thing is reading the notes correctly.
False. Smaller windows makes everthing seem more dense and cluttered. You dont really strain your eyes by having widescreen. Windows size is a personal preferance anyways.