forum

Create OD10 copies of all insane difficulties

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Norb
I've been spending too much time manually creating OD10 copies of my favorite insane difficulties that would unfortunately have trashy OD7 or OD8. I ended up writing a simple program that checks every single .osu file in your Songs folder and produces an OD10 copy of maps with AR8 or higher (AR8 and AR9 are the typical approach rates for insane difficulties). This makes my life easier, saves heaps of time and allows me to actually play the game the way I want to without wasting time.

Why do I need this? I just hate the fact that low OD lies to me. I'm trying to improve my accuracy by lowering my unstable rate and I believe the only way to do this is to stop playing low OD, and grind the most cruel accuracy setting. Of course HardRock can help me achieve that but sometimes I just don't want tiny circles, unforgiving health drain and fast AR.

So if think this might help you to improve your accuracy as well, you may download this and see where it gets you. :D

Download here!

How to use it:
Simply drag your osu! Songs folder onto the program like this:

Once it's done making the copies (a message box should appears saying how many copies it made) you will need to press F5 on osu! song selection so the song's difficulty list refreshes. You will need to do this for each song individually as osu! doesn't happen to check inside every folder on refresh, only the current song's folder.

Finally~
If you happen to be using this quite a bit and want OD10 copies being made for new maps every time you download them: you may create a shortcut that specifies your Songs folder as an argument.
1. Right-click on makeOD10.exe and press Create Shortcut
2. Right-click the new shortcut and press Properties
3. At the end of the target, add your osu! Songs directory (you may need quotation marks if it contains spaces)
Example:

I do not know what the default directory is, you should be able to figure it out yourself by browsing around your program files. Now you may double-click this shortcut from your desktop or whenever you get new maps.

Extra Information
I written the program with Visual Basic (don't laugh), so it may require .NET Framework which I'm sure you have anyway. If not, download it from Microsoft website. The program takes 1 argument (any folder) and checks inside every folder within for .osu files, then it checks if that difficulty has AR8 or higher and makes sure that an existing copy isn't made already. The copied diff files will end with "OD10].osu". If you wish to delete these copies, the second program deleteOD10.exe will do it almost instantly (don't be afraid, it will not delete legitimate OD10 maps, only the files that end with "OD10].osu"). I hope this explains mostly everything and answers any of your questions. Please leave some feedback if you're actually using this and if you have any questions. I could create similar programs on request if I feel like it, give me a shout anyway :P

BRB, GETTING 60 UNSTABLE RATE
Zare
♥♥♥

I will have to wait until tomorrow evening to check if this works, but I love you already anyway. (well I did love you before already but holy shit this is amazing)
Topic Starter
Norb

Zare wrote:

♥♥♥

I will have to wait until tomorrow evening to check if this works, but I love you already anyway. (well I did love you before already but holy shit this is amazing)
<3 hope you enjoy it :D
Whiiiskers
Pretty handy tool for people trying to improve their accuracy or simply looking for a challenge. Pretty much easiest thing to use, drag and drop the folder on top of the .exe and it'll handle the rest for you.
B O X
duboodie you are a good person
Topic Starter
Norb

B O X wrote:

Make me proud
B O X

Duboodie wrote:

B O X wrote:

Make me proud
So maybe not by the time you wake up but
unless you sleep for a very long time
chox_old
omg that's great, thank you!

edit: i'm not sure but i think moving folders of songs with new od10 difficulties to subfolder
(like from osu!/songs to osu!/songs/newsongs/[in here]) makes osu check those folders for new diff

edit2: confirmed
no need to press f5 for each song
DeletedUser_3905941
i was needing a program like this for ages
thanks so much :D
Elzapatoverde
God damn it, we need something like this for mac ;3;
Woddles

elzapatoverde wrote:

Couldn't you run it through some vmware with windows loaded onto it?
Oukskirts
This is genius.
Elzapatoverde

Woddles wrote:

elzapatoverde wrote:

Couldn't you run it through some vmware with windows loaded onto it?

Well... It doesn't hurt to try.
sorgenehtyals
This makes copies of every map? Could you modify it so that it deletes each map after making an OD10 copy of it? This will help people with a lot of maps like myself.
Topic Starter
Norb

StormR1d3r wrote:

This makes copies of every map? Could you modify it so that it deletes each map after making an OD10 copy of it? This will help people with a lot of maps like myself.
But then you would lose the actual ranked original versions of the maps. Are you really sure you want that? I mean you could just press "Update beatmap" in song selection to revert it, but you'd have to do it for every map if you wish.

Please don't misunderstand though, it doesn't create copies of songs, it creates copies of maps, you'd still have 1 song, but instead of lets say 2 insanes you'd have 4 insanes (2 of which would be OD10).

Let me know what you think, it'd only take me a minute to tweek the program so it overwrites the original diff instead of making a copy.
sorgenehtyals
my bad, maps barely take any space at all so my suggestion is dumb
Magzma
Using this now, works great thanks.

OD10SS HERE I COME (yeah right(not a tui advert)).
Pro1337Elite
I know it may be a lot to request, but could a program like this but instead of Making od10 makes ar10 be created?

That would be epic ^^
deadbeat

Pro1337Elite wrote:

I know it may be a lot to request, but could a program like this but instead of Making od10 makes ar10 be created?
Aqo
I believe you're looking for this

Topic Starter
Norb
Since a lot of people been asking both in-game and on this thread, here you go: Map Setting Customizer (HP/CS/OD/AR Changer)