forum

[Archived] Biggest spectator glitch

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Makan1
Problem Details: well my friend said it was playing remote control but the cursor was moving accordingly to freedom dive. haha so werd

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://puu.sh/83q8F.jpg
http://puu.sh/83q9e.jpg

osu! version: 20140410.5 (latest)
Celzon
Could you ask your friend to provide a video? o.O
Niervaco
Those images don't really help...
silmarilen
i've had this happen to me a couple of times aswell, including today.
what happened was that i was spectating someone, and before they finished the map their osu crashed while i was tabbed out (osu in windowed mode, not minimized, just had a different window on top) when they came back i started spectating them again and went back to a different window, then when they started playing again it showed them playing the map they were playing before osu crashed but they were playing a different map.
ive also had this happen in different ways but i cant remember what happened at those times.
it happens randomly and i have no idea if it is replicatable this way.
TheVileOne
I had a spectator glitch that happened recently. My friend was playing a song earlier in CTB and then had transitioned to a different map in taiko. I had unspectated and respectated him. It showed him playing the earlier song in CTB again, only the ryuuta was teleporting from left to right. I unwatched and rewatched and then the ryuuta was frozen. Repeated this action and the player was playing a different song in taiko again.
Topic Starter
Makan1

Niervaco wrote:

Those images don't really help...
that also doesn't help. but its simple. I was playing freedom dive. my friend was spectating me and what my friend saw was remote control but the cursor was moving like I was playing freedom dive. I also had this happen spectating him. He was playing a map but the cursor was moving all over the place and he was not hitting a single note but his percentage was like 90% acc when he was missing everything. I think it might be the same thing that happened
Topic Starter
Makan1

Celzon wrote:

Could you ask your friend to provide a video? o.O
well that is not going to happen because it was sudden and unexpected. we lol'd soooooo no video. sorry
Celzon
How do you know it's Freedom Dive anyway? (Off topic here)
Was it the same scenario as TheVileOne?
DragonSlayer96
The scenario was different. I've never played Freedom Dive. We were going back and forth spectating for a while and TheVileOne found one that he wanted to get a full combo on so I unspectated him and picked a taiko map to play even though I was in CtB mode. he caught the end of that, I switched to taiko mode, picked a different song, and the glitch happened.

Tried to replicate from that, but I couldn't do it on my end though.
Topic Starter
Makan1
Problem Details: for those who remember, I submitted a problem 3 days ago about spectator cursor random movement thing. well it happened again and it now happened on my side. so what happened was I spectating my friend and while I was waiting for him to start I was scrolling through some songs and I didn't play the song but the song I was on when he started playing, it showed that beatmap but he was clearly playing that 0108 map. you can see that even though he hits nothing, his accuracy is 80+ %. I suspect this the acc, and also keys and perhaps cursor movement from the 0108 map. but interestingly enough, when he coincidentally hit one of the notes on the easy map I saw, it did activate. weird, eh? well the video shows it all. he was playing 0108, I was seeing some easy map with craazy stuff going on :P

Video or screenshot showing the problem: http://puu.sh/8aEU5.avi

osu! version: 20140410.5 (latest)
Lanturn
Instead of making a new thread about your already existing bug/problem. Bump your old one so people know what you are talking about. If it's the same problem, keep it on the same thread please ;)

t/200500/
Nathanael
Merged for now.