forum

Map ranks disappearing?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cr4ve
I couldn't find anything on the forums about this, I'm just wonder why do my scores on maps disappear sometimes? Anyone eles have this problem or is this just me?
uzzi
Gotta be a bit more specific than that bud.
Yellowpalmtree
i think I'm having the same issue. At some point my local scores disappeared just out of the blue. I'm pretty sure I didn't click anything to delete my scores or edit my osu! folder. I was sad but I just ignored it.
djjsixpack
If you are talking about local scores, I get this too. I'd say around 1/3rd of all my local scores just disappear after a day or 2 without any explanation
10crystalmask01
Yep it's happened to me too - Specifically whenever I'm updating osu! my local scores get completely wiped. However, my Global scores are still there

Is this normal?
nooblet
Are you sure you played it in single player? Local scores do not save games played in multiplayer. Your global rank will remain, but you won't have a record of it in your Local Scores, nor will you have a replay of it.
winber1
i lose local plays all the time. I never really cared that much though. don't really know the reason behind it either
pielak213
­
10crystalmask01

nooblet wrote:

Are you sure you played it in single player? Local scores do not save games played in multiplayer. Your global rank will remain, but you won't have a record of it in your Local Scores, nor will you have a replay of it.
I didn't play the map shown above in multiplayer, and I barely play in multiplayer.

pielak wrote:

If your osu! crashes (it's how my osu! closes 50% of the time) or you turn off your computer with it on (and force osu! to close), it won't save.
The only times when osu! crashes for me is when I'm downloading a certain old school map or something (which is why I don't download them anymore lol), or when I'm currently in the editor mode. I'm sure my computer has never crashed with osu! still running.

Still, if osu! really does lose score records due to the game crashing, then I guess it'd make sense :?