forum

The pictures I use in my beatmaps are ALWAYS bad quality

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maz
1024 x 768, 1366 x 768, 1024 x 600, Larger than 2 and 4 MP, E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G is either pixally or blurry. I asked this like 2 months ago, and people told me to use 1024 x 768 to make it not blurry or pixellated. NOTHING WORKS! Im just pissed.

I don't think screenshots are needed, but ask me if you need them.
dkun
Screenshots would be nice.
Sync
Are you playing in full screen? Your resolution is undoubtedly bigger than 1024x768 in this day in age. That's probably why they seem blurry on your end. 1366x768 is recommended, and even then it'll still appear "blurry" if your resolution is considerably higher than that (e.g. 1920x1080).
Topic Starter
Maz
Topic Starter
Maz

Sync wrote:

Are you playing in full screen? Your resolution is undoubtedly bigger than 1024x768 in this day in age. That's probably why they seem blurry on your end. 1366x768 is recommended, and even then it'll still appear "blurry" if your resolution is considerably higher than that (e.g. 1920x1080).
I usually play 1024 x 600, but I went in to full screen to help test, but nothing.

edit: Here is what 1920 x 1080 looks like: http://gyazo.com/2b8e3c7f31ef050223c5a3b887aae368
Lanturn
No idea. I just google searched one of them and didn't have any problems. Try using this one I guess as a start

Topic Starter
Maz

Lanturn wrote:

No idea. I just google searched one of them and didn't have any problems. Try using this one I guess as a start

wat how did you do it?

I looked up "Beach cartoon" and, including this one, were all bad quality?
XPJ38
Reverse image search to find the original. Try Google Images Reverse Search (click on the little camera in the search bar), iqdb and SauceNao, they are my favorites.
VoidnOwO
:)
Kouya-
I usually just right-click on the picture and select "open image in new tab" and then right-click again and save it on the desktop .

I re-size my images with pic monkey (is like one of the best free editing photo sites you could find xDD )
Shohei Ohtani
Resizing an image is a bad thing to do also, if you're doing that. It may be the cause of why images don't look so nice
eeezzzeee
This is probably because the original image is very small, stretching it out would lower the quality and make it blurry! Try starting with a larger image.
- Marco -

XPJ38 wrote:

Reverse image search to find the original. Try Google Images Reverse Search (click on the little camera in the search bar), iqdb and SauceNao, they are my favorites.
Also if you have chrome, right click on the image and "search this image on Google"