forum

Weird way of improving

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Just2good
I actually just noticed this a few days ago.

Whenever I play osu I would pretty much play until my wrist is sore from tapping, streaming, etc. Next couple of days I would still play with a sore wrist, of course not doing as well but im busy enjoying osu so I don't care that much. Then I finally decide to take a break and let my wrist heal for a few days, after everything is all healed I play some more osu and suddenly maps I couldnt stream before aren't that much of a problem at all.

Whenever I think about it, I have always improved whenever I play my wrist to oblivion. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm going to end up being a masochist if this isn't just a coincidence >.<
Slith
actually no. playing everyday might make you think that you are not improving. thus making you think that you suck or have not improved at all. honestly my reading skills were bad that i can't even do fast streams on insanes but when my pc broke down and didn't play for 3 weeks. i decided to put up osu on our local net cafe and i can just suddenly FC hard maps with HD HR. if you want to improve play until you get tired. rest for a day or so then play again. that way you can notice improvements
pattrik
I think I know what you mean... except I think that it's more of a result of you being accustomed to streaming at a certain speed or reading a high ar.

Playing your wrist into oblivion makes it so that your wrist can tap more and faster, but improvement comes with practice. If you want to improve, then just challenge yourself with really hard maps.
Bauxe
Taking a break after a few days of intense practice will always make you improve. Its not weird.
Blueprint
Time to play mytholgia's end and freedom dive all day and take break to magicaly gain god fingers
GoldenWolf

Blueprint wrote:

Time to play mytholgia's end and freedom dive all day and take break to magicaly gain god fingers
doesn't work when you're just mashing though
Blueprint
That was sort of the joke you need godlike stamina for those maps to not (end up mashing)
B1rd
Has anyone played the Elder Scrolls games? I always think improving is like in that, after you practice a lot you will only improve/level up after you've slept.