forum

Good beatmaps for grinding out PP?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SammySama
I've been stuck around the 5.5k range for a while, most my top scores are in the accuracy range that I don't want to bother improving (like 99.80% or 99.70% so there's really no point murdering myself trying to get 100%). Maps either give zero PP for a high acc FC or they completely kick my arse like jippusu - Heisei Kataku Rhythm. Anybody know of some good maps around my range that I can grind out a good score and squeeze some PP out? Am I reaching the point where I need to learn how to use mods? :?
Soarezi
You dont need to farm pp, i was sitting at 600+ for like 3 to 4 months, and in less than a month i've gained over 200 ranks. You really shouldn't care about pp, it comes naturally as you play, since you get better. There is no point to retry at that point, because the scores you get are worth next to nothing anyways.
Balgon
I want pp too but I'm in a wholly different range ;-)

any tips for me ? :)
quaternary
The new pp system is pretty much unfarmable. Just play hard songs and do well on them, and the pp will come eventually.
AmaiHachimitsu
Actually it is, maps which has theoretically hard, but player-friendly patterns are "ez pp maps".

But enumerating them is useless because each player has other standards.

rrtyui would need maps which give way above 300 pp and still be pretty easy for him.

For me those maps would be like 280 at most (like Koigokoro which takes a few tries)

For some other random player ez pp map would give 180 pp etc.

it's all about the current skill. Most of known ez pp maps are pointed to players from top 200-300.
ksg
Bauxe
Go to someones profile (preferably higher rank than you).

Find songs worth ~your top pp score (maybe a bit less, in your case 145).

Try for similar scores on them with the same mods.

Well done you got PP. Go away.
iWhorse
TheVileOne

tuddster wrote:

The new pp system is pretty much unfarmable. Just play hard songs and do well on them, and the pp will come eventually.

This is incorrect. It's very farmable. All you need to do is know which maps are worth more pp than the ones in your top performance list. you can then farm as many of these maps as you want given that you have the skill enough to earn that pp.
Vuelo Eluko

TheVileOne wrote:

tuddster wrote:

This is incorrect. It's very farmable. All you need to do is know which maps are worth more pp than the ones in your top performance list. you can then farm as many of these maps as you want given that you have the skill enough to earn that pp.
which makes it 'pretty much' unfarmable, if farming is referred to in the same way as it was in ppv1
TheVileOne
It's farmable in the sense that if you can play one map that beats your top performance, you can play thirty maps that give you that pp and you'll get pp for each one.

You can also try to go for one map that's worth a lot more pp. It may take you several hundred plays, but this one performance will give you a lot more pp than a ton's worth of plays around your general comfort zone. If you want to grind out a song with flashlight, then it's worth your effort.
B1rd
Focus on getting better and not on redundant stats IMO.
Vuelo Eluko

TheVileOne wrote:

It's farmable in the sense that if you can play one map that beats your top performance, you can play thirty maps that give you that pp and you'll get pp for each one.

You can also try to go for one map that's worth a lot more pp. It may take you several hundred plays, but this one performance will give you a lot more pp than a ton's worth of plays around your general comfort zone. If you want to grind out a song with flashlight, then it's worth your effort.
well yeah, but you have to get better to do maps that give more pp and you have to constantly be raising the bar since the more pp you get the harder maps you have to do to contribute to it

seems to be in sharp contrast to the old ppv1 as I remember it, at least to a degree. you won't even see people getting into the 10-20k's by doing easy/normal's which is what I would see. hell, even at a measly 45k I have to get fairly high acc and combo on insanes to get anything at all

or spam DT ty tom for glorifying the best mod
Full Tablet

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

seems to be in sharp contrast to the old ppv1 as I remember it, at least to a degree. you won't see people getting into the 10-20k's by doing easy/normal's which is what I would see.
I got up to rank 2100 with mostly normals in my top performance list. Without using flashlight.
(The system seemed to favor horribly timed or mapped maps).
Vuelo Eluko

Full Tablet wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

seems to be in sharp contrast to the old ppv1 as I remember it, at least to a degree. you won't see people getting into the 10-20k's by doing easy/normal's which is what I would see.
I got up to rank 2100 with mostly normals in my top performance list. Without using flashlight.
(The system seemed to favor horribly timed or mapped maps).
Oh yeah, that even further proves my point. In fact this system is so much similar to TP that some people that weren't active pp farmers got pushed up to a rank that was almost identical to their TP rank [like jesse]

To be honest, I don't think i've seen a single person who doesn't venture past normals break 70k

i pay attention to things, even if im not a good circle clicker yet
nooblet

TheVileOne wrote:

That's not really "farming" then, farming is playing stuff that's too easy for the PP it gives. What you're describing is just... standard how-to-get-PP. PPv2 is pretty much as much anti-farming as you can get, minus some extreme cases.
Also, playing "one map that beats your top performance" isn't as easy as you say. It's not your top performance for nothing.

This is the best way to get PP - not caring and just improving.

Soarezi wrote:

You dont need to farm pp, i was sitting at 600+ for like 3 to 4 months, and in less than a month i've gained over 200 ranks. You really shouldn't care about pp, it comes naturally as you play, since you get better. There is no point to retry at that point, because the scores you get are worth next to nothing anyways.
The scores you get now will be replaced later, they'll probably be down in the 20% scale range after a few months. Then you'll be like, "Why did I even grind this in the first place?", so just keep playing new stuff and it'll come with time.
NotCookie_old
It's farmable in the sense that you can just keep slowly pushing up your lowest weighted scores until they meet your highest scoring performances, while not improving your top performances.

imo if you're deliberately trying to get scores that are significantly easier than your top performances (lets give an arbitrary figure of 5), you're farming.
Vuelo Eluko

NotCookie wrote:

It's farmable in the sense that you can just keep slowly pushing up your lowest weighted scores until they meet your highest scoring performances, while not improving your top performances.

imo if you're deliberately trying to get scores that are significantly easier than your top performances (lets give an arbitrary figure of 5), you're farming.
that depends on the maps in questions star rating. if your lowest weighted performances are all low acc/combos on quite difficult maps, then that's the only way.. and in that case it's not really farming so much as improving

but typically, lower weighted scores are often good performances on maps that are much easier than your top performances which means it wont really get much higher unless your top performances are C's and B's or something.
NotCookie_old

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

that depends on the maps in questions star rating. if your lowest weighted performances are all low acc/combos on quite difficult maps, then that's the only way.. and in that case it's not really farming so much as improving
That's an anecdotal exception, and even then it's mostly only relevant to people who have next to no pp anyway.

Let me reiterate. If you're deliberately trying to achieve scores that are below your proven potential, then you are farming. You're playing it for pp, not to improve.
Vuelo Eluko
if you can still gain rank by doing those maps, your skill hasn't been completely translated into rank yet.
show more