forum

osu!mania column margin

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
-hx
Let's say I wanted the 4 columns of 4K to be seperated. It's like this right now:
|    |    |    |    |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

But I want it like this:

|    |    |        |    |    |
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
| 1 | 2 | | 3 | 4 |

This would be a cool feature, and people could effectively create cool local multiplayer skins for osu!mania.

I'm thinking the 4K.ini file would have a setting like this added:
ColumnMargin: 0 0 0 0 0
The 5K.ini file:
ColumnMargin: 0 0 0 0 0 0
etc...

The first number would represent the margin on the left of the first column, the second number is between column 1 and 2, etc.

Thoughts?
Flanster
Oh damn ive thought about this once.
Topic Starter
-hx

LoliFlan wrote:

Oh damn ive thought about this once.
the main reason I want it is that my friend and I often play 4K at the same time, on one keyboard. It gets pretty confusing when the keys are all stuck together.
deadbeat
you could do
|    |          |          |     |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
but that doesn't really look as good :(
Aposke

deadbeat wrote:

you could do
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
In fact there's already skins that achieve this (like the IIDX one). There's also the option of using a skin that color-codes each individual column (or just make your own one with colums 1+2 in one color and 3+4 in another).
Pretty sure you can't completely seperate the columns just by using a skin, though.
Topic Starter
-hx

Aposke wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

you could do
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
In fact there's already skins that achieve this (like the IIDX one). There's also the option of using a skin that color-codes each individual column (or just make your own one with colums 1+2 in one color and 3+4 in another).
Pretty sure you can't completely seperate the columns just by using a skin, though.

That's why I submitted it as a feature request.
Catgirl
I could see this being useful for me, particularly in 8K, where I could play it if I knew which keys to hit. If I could space out the first 4 and last 4 keys without it taking up too much space, I would be in favor of this. I'm not sure if space is a concern at all though.
Topic Starter
-hx

Decon082 wrote:

I could see this being useful for me, particularly in 8K, where I could play it if I knew which keys to hit. If I could space out the first 4 and last 4 keys without it taking up too much space, I would be in favor of this. I'm not sure if space is a concern at all though.
Agreed, this would be very useful for that. 8K is pretty confusing.