forum

Aim hasn't improved in the past 3 months?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aegyo
Ever hit a wall with your aim?
silmarilen
no
Mizuno Yui
Yup, then got a tablet. Since the pen is more maneuverable, some patterns are easier to do.
GoldenWolf
yes

I already have a tablet though

so I'm screwed
Watasashi
Gotta keep playing, sooner or later you will notice an improvement; you could also reduce your sensitivity, it takes time to get used to but
it will improve your aim on the long run
Dexus
play faster SV at higher speedssssss. Edit maps to be a readable AR and spam DT. Do stuff like Talent Shredder DT. Go sanic.

To put it simple: challenge your aim more and consistently.
DENKOUSEKKA
no.
RaneFire

GoldenWolf wrote:

yes

I already have a tablet though

so I'm screwed
scottyyy
I've pretty much resigned myself to always having terrible, inconsistent aim. Doesn't stop me enjoying the game though.
winber1
i am a wall

i have never moved anywhere
Rewben2
how can i hit a wall if everything is a circle
[ Stellar ]
Topic Starter
Aegyo
Hmmm I will try to get a tablet in the coming 1-2 months and hopefully I'll improve then. Thanks for your suggestions everyone.
WolfCoder
Practice harder.

No really, it will require more practice to get just a little better the better you get. A tablet isn't magically going to improve anything, in fact, you'll have to retrain for a while.
Soarezi
My aim is probably the worst in osu. I have no clue how i manage to get ranks. I suck
ksg
"Aim sucks? Get a tablet."
That's hardly a good joke anymore, and if you actually think just getting a tablet makes you good, then... I don't know what's in your mind.

It's not easy to develop a good aim, regardless of your input device of choice. (Although mouse is arguably a bit more problematic in some ways...) Sometimes you'll just feel like you're not improving at all, and it's natural. It just happens with learning, be it a game or something like studies. Bear with it and you'll improve over time. You may also try to practice something else for a while, or simply try take a break from the game for a few days.

I'm saying what seems reasonable to me, not claiming to be any kind of an authority when it comes to skill in this game.
Mizuno Yui

ks- wrote:

"Aim sucks? Get a tablet."
That's hardly a good joke anymore, and if you actually think just getting a tablet makes you good, then... I don't know what's in your mind.
While I was using a mouse, I found some patters extremely hard to hit, mostly stuff like this:

The reason was probably inertia due to the heavy mouse (Abyssus) and not a lot of friction on the mousepad (that plastic/polymer-ish kind). In my personal experience, my aim is better after less than a week with a tablet then it was with 5+ months with a mouse.
RaneFire

mentalac wrote:

The reason was probably inertia due to the heavy mouse (Abyssus) and not a lot of friction on the mousepad (that plastic/polymer-ish kind).
Abyssus is not a heavy mouse. It's only 72g.

Your image embed does not appear to be working.
Mizuno Yui
Weird, the image works for me O_o

Reuploaded it on tinypic:

As for Abyssus, it's larger and heavier than most of the no-brand-cheapass mouses I used before. Those patterns where you had to make a jump and return to the starting point were a nightmare.
RaneFire
I find that those patterns, which I call "crossovers," are generally only difficult to read, as opposed to having to do with the peripheral or aim, only because the cursor passes over the circles as they are appearing, making my peripheral "check" of where my cursor is a bit confusing as I land each jump, so I have to focus on each circle in succession while still watching my cursor peripherally. You need quick eyes to play those patterns. You probably have trouble with some element of reading, so absolute positioning is helping you a lot.
Vuelo Eluko

RaneFire wrote:

I find that those patterns, which I call "crossovers," are generally only difficult to read, as opposed to having to do with the peripheral or aim.
i feel the same. the hard part is reading not aiming. you just figured them out while using a tablet rather than a mouse
Weed
but with wall when over grasp grained confidence to participate aim correctly?
show more