forum

Hidden mod, hidden circles at ends of slides

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pkvk9122
Hey guys!

I've played osu for a while now (on and off a year) and i tried out hidden mod. After playing around with it i quickly learned how to do it and find it very fun. There's just one thing that bugs me the whole time. At the end of slides, some maps have an extra circle or two to hit. without the huge circles coming in and closing in to tell us that they are there, i never seem to know when to hit my keys again at the end of the slides. i have notices that some maps have the last circle a little bit off the slide so we can get a glimpse of it, but the other maps don't. Is the solution to just memorize where the circles are after the slides? Or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
Almost
Use transparent hit circles in your skin.
Topic Starter
pkvk9122
Is that an option? or do I need to download a new skin? If so can you give me a link please?
Bauxe

pkvk9122 wrote:

Is that an option? or do I need to download a new skin? If so can you give me a link please?
Almost all custom skins have transparent hit circles.
Mathsma
Find a skin from here, 15 , and download it and place it in your osu!/Skins folder if it is not an .osk file.

I am partial to Aesthetic 1.2.1 with the ring hitcircles (can be found inside the Aesthetic skin folder) - t/189843
There is also the really well down Hyperdimension Neptunia skin - t/188322
Another very well made skin, Shifted 3.1 - t/199372
Pannari's Slick Circles! - t/184690
Luminance - t/168372
or my old skin that has some outdated elements but still works - t/159951
Vuelo Eluko
even with a good skin you still have to be quite lucid to read note stacks, especially when theyre hidden under sliders with the hd mod. I think that's how it should be, considering how much easier it is overall than hard rock [in 90% of maps] but gives the same score bonus.
Mizuno Yui
There was a skin, I saw it once but forgot where, and have no idea where it was. Anyway, the circles looked something like this (rough sketch):

The point was, by the amount of those square-ish things, you could know how many notes were there. I suppose it was done by making the squares parts of the number sprite.

I'd be more than thankful if somebody knows what it is (and it sort of fits the topic)
Dexus
@mentalac The number thing was actually very distracting, it was just more stuff for you to look for and got annoying in my opinion. Good in theory, bad in practice. (I have it by the way but I'm too lazy to find it and upload it)

On topic: If you stumble upon a note under a slider you can retry, there's nothing that prevents you from doing it and becoming aware of it's location.
hehe

mentalac wrote:

There was a skin, I saw it once but forgot where, and have no idea where it was. Anyway, the circles looked something like this (rough sketch):

The point was, by the amount of those square-ish things, you could know how many notes were there. I suppose it was done by making the squares parts of the number sprite.

I'd be more than thankful if somebody knows what it is (and it sort of fits the topic)
everyone would be using this, if not for the fact that if you go past 9 (10,11,12 etc) the alignment gets fucked up since the numbers are beside each other.
nooblet

tastystew wrote:

mentalac wrote:

everyone would be using this, if not for the fact that if you go past 9 (10,11,12 etc) the alignment gets fucked up since the numbers are beside each other.
You do realize circles disappear after you click 'em right? Unless you're playing low AR you won't get that many circles, they'd just go in another loop.
Would be interesting to try this skin fur die lol's but I know I wouldn't use it for real, too much clutter on the screen.
Ziggo

nooblet wrote:

tastystew wrote:

You do realize circles disappear after you click 'em right? Unless you're playing low AR you won't get that many circles, they'd just go in another loop.
Would be interesting to try this skin fur die lol's but I know I wouldn't use it for real, too much clutter on the screen.
Numbers have nothing to do with disappearing circles. There are maps where the numbers go over 20 even.
Full Tablet

tastystew wrote:

mentalac wrote:

In the skin.ini, change the value of "HitCircleOverlap" to the width of the number file (for example 200 if the numbers are 200x200 pixels).