forum

Owl City - Fireflies

posted
Total Posts
show more
Metroid

eMkay wrote:

I mean from note at 01:26:464 to note at 01:26:631 there's a too big distance between them, and because the jump is very fast it's kinda strange...
That also happens at 02:33:130 and at 02:54:464

actually, 1 it's not a jump, spacing changes during kiai on purposely, and 2 it's not that big or fast if it was a jump, I've seen way bigger and faster jumps before...
Derekku
[General]
I love the glows <3
and rainbow sliders <3

[Easy]
00:48:014 (2) - Maybe make the last slider tick on this silent as well? =x

[Normal]
01:30:014 (1) - (nazi) move the last anchor up or over or whatever so that the bottom doesn't go slightly off-screen.

[Metroid]
00:45:029 (8) - slider-slide sounds ugly on this ._.; Silence perhaps?
00:48:013 (4) - ^
00:55:046 (9) - ^
01:00:046 (8) - ^
01:01:046 (9) - ^
01:24:079 (4) - Should be louder imo
01:36:096 (6,7) - (nazi) I don't like the noticeable gap between (5) and (6), so maybe move (6,7) down? :P
02:31:046 (4) - louder please~
02:43:063 (6,7) - move up
03:04:096 (6,7) - and down
03:17:046 (8) - ugly sounding slider-slide
03:20:013 (4) - ^
03:27:046 (9) - ^

[Hard]
02:31:047 (4,1) - Make one or both of these louder perhaps? :B
YoshiKart
[General]
Oh, look, we have the same Kiai times~
I suggest you disable the countdown like Metroid's diff.
Also, I would've said to use a soft sampleset at certain parts, like the soft/first chorus, but I see you did some slidertick magic there, and I wouldn't want you to redo all of that.
BTW, make a normal-clap for custom1; different skins will clash with your custom slidertick2. ;)
One more thing: BREAKS. D:

[Easy]
01:01:474 - Consider a 1-repeat slider instead of those two hitcircles w/ a break in between?
What a short diff.~

[Normal]
01:43:064 (5) - Consider deleting this?

[Metroid Mix]
00:30:029 (1) - Move to 00:30:131? Adjust spacing if so...
00:36:029 (5) - Extend to 6 and then delete 6?
01:11:063 (5) - Sounds a bit weird when sightreading this along with the music.
02:24:046 (2) - Try adjusting this slider so the endpoint is centered while the slider is still curved.

[Hard]
Very cool. Couldn't find anything wrong here.

Nice SB there, Metroid. And nice maps, guys~
Lilac
Finally, an Easy diff. Short but that's what you get for not being able to play harder (so w/e.)

Also, have you ever though of mapping more earlier, you can get some good notes with that. It's also a great initiative to do that with sliderticks, but this isn't your first time with them, isn't it?

[Easy]
x2 Sliders? Not a chance in Easy.

00:29:80 - Break in here (well, there is a break at 01:01:80 -)
00:39:47 (2) - Haha, that's a good one. No.

[Normal]
01:43:64 (5,6) - Those notes don't sound right.
03:17:47 (1) - All the slider ticks after that don't sound right. I think you should silence them.

[Metroid Mix]
Umm, I'll leave this...

[Hard]
Same as above for the moment.

star...blah blah...star...
Metroid
eee
hm, I like this one too
good job
Larto's is fun, Metroid's is, well, okay, and Normal, idk, it seems kinda hard for newbz

Star
Magmabear
Gawd, I enjoy this song and beatmap so much.

EASY
move back to 24.641 and get rid of the back arrow thing and instead put a beat at 26.141

and also

move this slider to 38.141
and move 39.641 to 39.808

These seem offbeat for an easy map. Usually I'd see something like that in a harder difficulty map, but not on easy. Put stuff more on beat on the easier difficulties.

I'd also say something about 1.20.152 but I don't know what to do with that one.

Also the two spinners at the end seem a little redundant. Again, this is probably what I'd expect one one of the harder difficulties, but not on easy. delete one of them and replace it with something else.

NORMAL

Get rid of these notes:

I'm also thinking about whether to remove 2.20.641 and 2.21.308, but try it and see what you think.

Mainly this one might just be based on personal taste on how hard a beatmap is supposed to be, but to me, you can have note stacks like this in normal 2.17.141 and 2.27.808 when he actually sings them, but do NOT have 2.15.808 when he is not singing, it seems too high a tier for this trick to be in a Normal difficulty and it makes Normal difficulty slightly harder than what it should be. This is probably more suited for Hard or Insane difficulty.

But then again, this is probably just my personal taste in what a difficulty should be.

METROID

I didn't really look at this one, it's fine I suppose.

HARD

Yeah, there is this one part where it's just weird.
I use The World Ends With You skin (mainly because I hate the damned whistle blowing in my ear) but anyway, there is a whistle noise at 52.141 and I don't know if it is because of a custom sound or what because it sounds really out of place because there are no whistle noises while I play and then to have a single whistle sound randomly in the song and for no other whistle noises to be heard at all during the rest of the song.
So, yeah, out of place, needs to be fixed.

I hope that this gets approved! Love the song and love the beatmap so far! Star! =D
Topic Starter
Larto
Wow, thanks for that quality modding! I followed pretty much all of your suggestions. It's always nice to see some new people who try to mod maps and do it well =D
Just one hint for your future modding: If you want to give the time position of a note in a beatmap, you can instead of manually writing it out, just mark the note in the editor and press ctrl + c. That way, the position of the note is saved in your clipboard and you can paste it with "ctrl + v". That'll make things a bit easier for you! ;)
Magmabear
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ephemeral
BPM: 90 / Offset: 144 (how on earth did you miss the interval by that much)

[Normal]
01:07:036 (2) - Snap to 1/6 (still sounds out of place though)

Aside from that - typical Larto map, gorgeous sliders and all <3
mrtn
Haven't modded this yet (which i'll do later) but one thing really came to mind when playing and that were the whistles :p (well in hard, haven't played the others yet). The many whistles, sometimes "overpower" the song... Perhaps try to redo the hitsounds if you feel like going over it again :p.

Rest of [hard] is great.

Full mod will be posted later.
Lilac
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ephemeral
Looks fine to me.

So much modding while in WiP.. This is the way things should be.

Bubbled.
WyndII
Fireflies!
lol
mrtn
[normal]
01:07:031 (2) - is this slider supposed to be like this?

I didn't pop the bubble because I wasn't sure if the slider was supposed to be like this. Everything else is great :D.
Topic Starter
Larto
Yes it is.
Jarby
Ranked.
arien666
Extra star for this good song XD
mrtn
Soarele_old
yayy, finally an owl city song! :D
YoshiKart
And BOOM, Larto beats me. :P

Must get mine ranked before Christmas. X_X

EDIT: The notes starting at 01:41:144 are way too high, especially after the new public's shift... o_O
Bikki_old
sorry, but this beatmap sucks.
the beat is bad.
noneed

Bikki wrote:

sorry, but this beatmap sucks.
the beat is bad.
stfu
this beatmap is <3
Roddie
Posted: December 27th, 2009, 2:02 pm (over 10 months ago)
*Sigh* :|
Krisom
noneed, please, avoid necroposting for stuff like this.

Move on guys, there is nothing to see here (aka: don't post anymore here <_<)
ShadowzI_old

Krisom wrote:

noneed, please, avoid necroposting for stuff like this.

Move on guys, there is nothing to see here (aka: don't post anymore here <_<)
That's what you think. Guess who's back with a brand new..... revamp...
Jokes asside I'm posting here cause I actually like this map and I added some neato stuff
I've added a video, and some of YoshiKarts flying fireflies... and .. "the planet earth turns sl..." slightly fast actually if you want a good score.
Yes it's a Owl City Earth spinner XDD. I've kept everything else the same cause I don't want to brand Owl City like a label.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pbvhahq1v ... eflies.osz

Once again, this will not effect ,osu so you can still play this as a rank map XD
OsuMasterFTW
YoshiKart's map is better. 8-) That has a bad timing. :!:
PointlessStick
Shit map dont play it Song is good tho