forum

Headphones vs speakers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hinamizawan
If headphones are better for gaming, I was pondering if the same could be applied to osu!, not only because I've grown tired of my 5.1 speaker setup but also for occupying every corner of my desk. I've already stopped using speakers for this game but is it advantageous for anything else that isn't watching movies/anime?
Lach
piruchan
I always use headphones for osu!, I found speakers is not good enough (mind you, I'm using laptop speakers). But I still use them to watch movies/anime.
Topic Starter
hinamizawan
My bad, didn't make use of search to check threads but I'm already more clarified why nobody uses speakers for osu!. Main reason being, I don't want my family to hear crazy ass weeaboo music.
Kritzkingvoid
I always use headphones because i sometimes play pervy songs if you know wut i mean >_> (well most of my beatmaps is Japanese so i doubt my parents even understand it)
10crystalmask01
My headphones got enhanced bass, so no duh I'd be using it over speakers 8-)

Headphones help focus the sound waves into your ears, whereas speakers will obviously release sounds waves to all parts of your room.
Vuelo Eluko

10crystalmask01 wrote:

Headphones help focus the sound waves into your ears, whereas speakers will obviously release sounds waves to all parts of your room.
B1rd
I wouldn't say headphones are 'better' than speakers, just more practical for gamers since they don't annoy anyone else with noise, have a mic, are mobile, take up less space etc.

Better quality audio might make songs sound nicer, but I really doubt they'd make you perform any better. Though if you do want to get a pair, I'd recommend Steel Series Siberia V2 headset; they're comfortable, good sound quality and only around $110~
Karuta-_old_1
I prefer earpiece since my headphone are not comfortable to wear, it helps me to isolate noise I don't want to hear and focus better. And I don't like listening to additional bass from speakers or earpiece even though I really like Nightcore.
10crystalmask01

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

10crystalmask01 wrote:

Mother of god I want that. What timeline are you from? O_O
Topic Starter
hinamizawan
Just for the sake of creating myths, I feel more competitive with a pair of headphones rather than speakers.