forum

Osu!Direct panel queue behavior

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Soner Wolf
I like to download lots of maps all at the same time using Osu!Direct. However there is no way to change the order in which they are downloaded in. (The top two maps in the queue will always be downloaded first no matter what)

That is a problem for me. I play mostly in multiplayer game rooms because I like the social aspect of osu!. However when I go into these multiplayer rooms with a list of 100+ maps in my queue, it makes it very difficult to play multiplayer games.

Let me explain. There is currently NO way to alter which maps get downloaded first except by the order in which you put them in the queue in the first place. This means that if you are like me and have a long list of maps to be downloaded and then you want to play in multiplayer, when you need to download yet another map to play that multiplayer map, that map would go straight to the bottom of the queue list.

I have come up with two ways to solve this problem:

1) Make all maps newly added to the queue go straight to the top of the list (instead of the bottom). Or

2) Add one more option when you click on a map in your queue to manually move it to the top of the list (instead of having 2 buttons to either cancel or continue downloading the map, there would be a 3rd button to move it to the top of queue)

Both of these solutions would be viable to people like me so that the most important maps get downloaded first instead of last.

Please comment and let me know if you have any suggestions, comments or concerns. Stars and support greatly appreciated!

With love,
~Soner
deadbeat
you could always you know, queue these maps when you're AFK ._."
Topic Starter
Soner Wolf

deadbeat wrote:

you could always you know, queue these maps when you're AFK ._."
So?

Tell me one reason how adding either of those ideas would negatively affect downloading maps. Because I can't think of any.
inet-pwnZ
I often download beatmaps sometimes a lot
and if i wanna join a mp lobby and have to download a new map its a pain becouse i cant rearrange the download
only option is to cancle all or leave the lobby