Kuba Oms - My Love

posted
Total Posts
show more
Flask
Hi White! Congratz :D
Just passing by for some suggestions~

[General]
  • Add w_h_i_t_e to tags. Don't forget the most important information of this map - the creator!
[Insane]
  1. 00:04:045 (1) - / 00:05:920 (1) - / 00:07:795 (1) - At these sliders' sliderhead, you can clearly hear the same sound that goes for a finish sound or something near to that. In my opinion, you should add some hitsounds on them because that sounds really empty without any hitsound, and that sound should be emphasized. Perhaps add finishes sound on them, and add 30% (or less) vol. for that? (This goes for all the diffs if you want to fix that)
  2. 00:49:513 (3) - This is kinda a nazi stuff, but current the distance between (1,3) is 1.27x. (You can switch (1,2) and check it) That's different as the spacing you're using for the most of the objects, which is 1.20x. Just move (3) to x:136, y:112, and the problem will be fixed nicely. (This is really nazi >_<)
    Also to 00:50:450 (3) -, this object should be moved to x:145, y:104 because of the same reason above.
  3. 01:41:310 (6) - To compare with 01:40:373 (3) -, I'd say (2,3) has a larger spacing, but (5,6) doesn't. It was really weird if you're playing two same parts, one of them has a jump, but the other doesn't (cuz this is a rhythm game). To make the consistency between them, move (6) to 01:39:670 (1) - 's sliderhead might be a great idea.
  4. 01:45:763 (2,3) - Another nazi stuff. Personally I don't really like something just overlap under another objects, but obviously, that (2) is totally under (5). I'd suggest you to do something like this instead: Move (2) to x:64, y:284.
    Yeah this might be a bit "crowded", but that's the way to avoid overlap.
    And after that, you may want to re-place 01:45:998 (3) - to somewhere else to fix the spacing issue, so I'd recommend you to put (3) to x:184, y:168. So the spacing between (2,3) and (3,1) will be the same, and (3) doesn't overlap 01:45:060 (5) -, too!
  5. 02:04:982 (3,5) - This blanket can be better, move the third node of 02:05:451 (5) - to x:364, y:324.
  6. 02:42:482 (3,5,6) - The "red" line isn't as long as the "purple" line. Consider to fix them.
  7. 03:23:263 (3) - & 03:24:435 (4) - Is this overlap placed intentional? (3) should fully cover (4) imo.
[Hard]
  1. 01:38:966 (1) - The spacing. That's a bit obvious so..you'd better fix that you know.
  2. 03:31:232 (3) - Change this to a 1/4 slider with 3 reverses, and remove (4) instead? The music shows like that, so it would be great if you can follow it.
[Normal]
  1. 00:53:498 - I don't hear any sound here, perhaps combine 00:52:795 (1,2) - to a 1/2 slider but just with a reverse?
Nice job! I wanna love this map true, and I certainly did that.
Good luck!
YGOkid8
i'm disappointed that in your Normal and Hard, you copied and pasted effectively 3 full sections of mapping from 00:24:670 ~ 01:09:670 onto 01:24:670 ~ 02:09:670 - (and that judges didn't pick up on that, receiving 9/10 for creativity from 3 judges).

otherwise not a bad map at all, and is quite pleasant to play.
Frobe
헉 성지순례
Topic Starter
Beige
Thanks! :)

Flask

Flask wrote:

Hi White! Congratz :D
Just passing by for some suggestions~

[General]
  • Add w_h_i_t_e to tags. Don't forget the most important information of this map - the creator! I am not always added 'w_h_i_t_e' in tags... But I think add in tags is better. Fixed it!
[Insane]
  1. 00:04:045 (1) - / 00:05:920 (1) - / 00:07:795 (1) - At these sliders' sliderhead, you can clearly hear the same sound that goes for a finish sound or something near to that. In my opinion, you should add some hitsounds on them because that sounds really empty without any hitsound, and that sound should be emphasized. Perhaps add finishes sound on them, and add 30% (or less) vol. for that? (This goes for all the diffs if you want to fix that) Fixed it!
  2. 00:49:513 (3) - This is kinda a nazi stuff, but current the distance between (1,3) is 1.27x. (You can switch (1,2) and check it) That's different as the spacing you're using for the most of the objects, which is 1.20x. Just move (3) to x:136, y:112, and the problem will be fixed nicely. (This is really nazi >_<)
    Also to 00:50:450 (3) -, this object should be moved to x:145, y:104 because of the same reason above. I think it's really weird for me o_o...
  3. 01:41:310 (6) - To compare with 01:40:373 (3) -, I'd say (2,3) has a larger spacing, but (5,6) doesn't. It was really weird if you're playing two same parts, one of them has a jump, but the other doesn't (cuz this is a rhythm game). To make the consistency between them, move (6) to 01:39:670 (1) - 's sliderhead might be a great idea. Fixed it!
  4. 01:45:763 (2,3) - Another nazi stuff. Personally I don't really like something just overlap under another objects, but obviously, that (2) is totally under (5). I'd suggest you to do something like this instead: Move (2) to x:64, y:284.
    Yeah this might be a bit "crowded", but that's the way to avoid overlap.
    And after that, you may want to re-place 01:45:998 (3) - to somewhere else to fix the spacing issue, so I'd recommend you to put (3) to x:184, y:168. So the spacing between (2,3) and (3,1) will be the same, and (3) doesn't overlap 01:45:060 (5) -, too! Why hate overlap T^T... that pattern is strange...
  5. 02:04:982 (3,5) - This blanket can be better, move the third node of 02:05:451 (5) - to x:364, y:324. Fixed it
  6. 02:42:482 (3,5,6) - The "red" line isn't as long as the "purple" line. Consider to fix them. Fixed it!
  7. 03:23:263 (3) - & 03:24:435 (4) - Is this overlap placed intentional? (3) should fully cover (4) imo. ok
[Hard]
  1. 01:38:966 (1) - The spacing. That's a bit obvious so..you'd better fix that you know. It's not very big problem...
  2. 03:31:232 (3) - Change this to a 1/4 slider with 3 reverses, and remove (4) instead? The music shows like that, so it would be great if you can follow it. Humm... It's not strrange o_o
[Normal]
  1. 00:53:498 - I don't hear any sound here, perhaps combine 00:52:795 (1,2) - to a 1/2 slider but just with a reverse? I heard the guitar sound. Wasn't it really heard you?
Nice job! I wanna love this map true, and I certainly did that.
Good luck!

SPOILER

YGOkid8 wrote:

i'm disappointed that in your Normal and Hard, you copied and pasted effectively 3 full sections of mapping from 00:24:670 ~ 01:09:670 onto 01:24:670 ~ 02:09:670 - (and that judges didn't pick up on that, receiving 9/10 for creativity from 3 judges).

T^T

Kyouren
Gratzz!! W h i t e-nyan~
Jenny
Concerns:

Note that I'll point out general things and maybe give a few examples - if you do not understand something or want a full mod, PM me ingame or on the forums as I will not be checking this thread regularly.

1. Tags: I don't particularly feel like this is either "soul" or "funk" - pop perhaps, but the rest..? You should talk to people more into the whole musical genre thing (such as D33d) to confirm that.
  2. Rhythmical Issues: Worried about a lot of the tripples, specifically in the introduction part - I basically don't feel like there's any "fast" or super pressure related instrument parts for the song and the vocal line seems to be the general focus (-> frontlayer, dominant sounds etc), so I don't really like those.. also, you should take care of not ending sliders on stronger notes than you start them on, since players will only click their starts but not the end; it's okay if you are focussing on the vocal line, but it should be very apparent and not break consistency in terms of the layer of the song you're mapping and focussing on
    -> 00:02:873 (2,3,4) - and similar ones; there is no sound featuring the tripple click, like literally nothing in the music behind it and it doesn't support the weak vocals either
    -> 00:04:748 (2,3,4,5,6) - jumps like these do not go with the slow paced vocals either as they're basically transitioning into another very fluently and snapping to notes like this (because you know, everyone's playing notes one by one and this is how geometric jumps usually go) does not feature or harmonize with that
    -> 00:07:795 (1,2) - doubles like these give a sudden stop-go motion to the map, which similarly to the previous point, does not go with the slow, fluid transitioning theme of the music; also, the sliderend sounds very much out of place and should be muted if you want to keep things like that (which really is just a workaround and not solving the initial problem)
    -> 00:53:498 (3,1,2,3) - this part is actually a pattern of four emphasized vocals that you are clearly focussing on - the issue is, 3 is still part of the previous combo, both in terms of shaping and NCing, making it a bad transition as 3-1-2-3 is, as said before, belonging into the same vocal line, so they should be within the same pattern and combo
    -> 00:57:716 (4) - this is one of the above mentioned slider issues where you end them on stronger beats than you start them on; for full explanation I'm adding a box on the bottom of this post; those occur a lot in your map and it's not nice, really
  3. Hitsounding: drum-hitnormals generally feel out of place a lot of the time aswell as they add this sharp stop-and-go-y sound and feeling to the section they are present in which doesn't go with the overall strong but slow and vocal-line driven song.
  4. Slider/Flow Design: take into consideration that players will probably leave sliders early if you do not continue mapping in the direction it leads to (-> slider leniency abuse), so if you want them to actually play the slidershapes and patterns you are mapping, make sure to connect them in an appropriate way; as an example, below is an image of what a pair of sliders affected by this issue would be played by people

Those are things I noticed within the first part (up until the first break) and they probably continue on; as these are general issues, I'm not pointing every one of them out, and as said in the beginning, you may call me for further explanation or a full mod if you want to - please look into them and put some work into it, as these really are issues and flaws that could very well use some improvement.

Above mentioned box about slider rhythms: Active/Passive Hitsounding
Active Hitsounding refers to hitsounds that you actually take an active part in (-> click), therefore, this refers to circles and sliderstarts; active hitsounds generate pressure behind the notes played and therefore should predominantly be set on already existing beats (or extremely natural-feeling additive mapping, but that's a rare exception).

Passive Hitsounding refers to hitsounds that occur without you actively participating (-> hitting) on them, such as sliderticks, reverse arrows, slider- or spinnerends; these do not generate pressure in playing and therefore should be feeling natural when silenced to emphasize longer/stronger notes in the music.

Take this example: You see, we have two sliders, 1/2 each - this will just sound like 4*1/2 hitnormal but effectively, it's played as 2*1/1, so you have to consider, when does it fit? Given that you only click the starts of the sliders, it could fit when the white ticks are (significantly) stronger than the red ones, resulting in a 1-(2)-1-(2) rhythm (1 = active, strong beat, (2) = passive, weak beat/no beat).

To visualize it better, you may draw a line under every active hitsound and leave the passive ones empty:

tl;dr: An active hitsound is when you click and there comes a sound, a passive one is when the object just makes a sound "by itself"/without an impact (-> click) required - keep this in mind, because passive are effectively weaker than active ones even when they "sound the same".
Shiro
Hello W h i t e,

your map has undergone a session of Community Modding ! More information here.
Special thanks to the modders who participated in this collaborative effort:
Shiro
Priti
Fluttershy03
Winek
No Dap
Jenny
Lizzy

Here is the mod. Consider this to be a summary of how the modding community recieves your map. Please take the time to go through all these points and reply to them properly, whether or not you agree with them.

General
The whole beginning seems very loud in terms of hitsounding, and the song is overridden by the samples. Consider using 20-30% volume instead as that won’t put the song as much in the background. | Jenny
00:02:170 (1) - Mainly a Normal Finish here would fit much better than a soft. The soft one is kinda “fast” and more fit for big rapid beats. Here the sound is hold, and it blend with the music lightly, so maybe a normal finish would be better. | Winek
00:04:045 (1) And other similar parts in this section - Maybe a drum whistle would fit more the guitar sound we hear? | Winek
00:04:045 - 00:05:920 - 00:07:795 - What about 35%~40% Volume Soft-Hitnormal + Drum-Hitfinish for these? makes a really nice emphasis to the guitar without taking over the music thanks to the low volume | Priti
00:54:201 - 01:54:201 - I find a drum clap + whistle to fit really well on this sound, it creates a really cool effect due to the relatively low volume | Priti
02:09:670 - I think you should silence all slider ticks in this section due to them not emphasizing any sound | Priti
03:00:998 - I think this is the point where you should stop the kiai to restart it at 03:02:170 - it would be more consistent with what happens before other kiai times. | Shiro
Make sure to look out and change anything you decide to change for the copied/mirrored sections as well. | Jenny

Normal
00:00:998 - I think you should start here to stay consistent with Insane, having different starting points on different difficulties doesn’t make that much sense to me. If you delete the beginning of Insane (see the mod there), then don’t. Just keep the starting points consistent ! | Shiro
00:11:310 (4) - feels out of place; given the drum hitsounds, one would focus more on the background melody so this snap to the vocal line here comes very unnatural to me - also, considering this is your lowest difficulty, you would probably want not to use too many rhythmical alterations per section | Jenny
00:15:295 (1) - This should be a 1/1 repeat slider, otherwise you’re missing a whistle hitsound on 00:15:763 - and it creates an unwanted blank in your hitsounding. An alternative would be to completely remove the hitsounds on 00:15:295 (1,2) - which would make sense with the music, but try to stay consistent, that is use the same pattern for 00:30:295 (1,2) - 01:30:295 (1,2) - | Shiro
00:18:576 (3) - this (and many other ½ sliders) does not fall on the vocals with its end and along with above mentioned point (00:11:310), it just feels weird. | Jenny
00:21:857 (2) - Here again, the long slider skips a much needed whistle hitsound. | Shiro
00:31:232 (2) - I can see you’re trying to build a similar hitsounding pattern here as in Insane but due to the lack of options to put them on, it doesn’t really work and the drumwhistles here come in very sudden | Jenny
00:35:920 (1) - Here again, the long slider skips a much needed whistle hitsound. | Shiro
00:39:201 (1) - This slider ends on a very strong beat (that you even emphasized with a finish hitsound), and that causes your comboing to be broken and inconsistent at this point. You should replace this with two circles to keep the emphasis correct and the comboing consistent. | Shiro, Jenny
The entire kiai time is very inconsistent in which sounds are actually being followed/played - a lot of sliders start on a drumfinish and end on a normal-hitnormal and a lot of them are the other way around, leaving it entirely up to the eye which instruments to follow and which layers to emphasize, which is just unnecessarily confusing and inconsistent. | Jenny
00:47:170 (1) - this finish is just very sudden and harsh and feels out of place (which generally is what a soft-hitfinish does) | Jenny
00:53:263 (2) - there’s no emphasis on the end of this slider or anything and it basically ends on nothing; consider replacing it with a circle as it’s just weirdly confusing now, specifically for newer people that are trying to get used to your rhythm | Jenny
01:06:857 (2) - Here again, the long slider skips a much needed whistle hitsound. | Shiro
01:30:295 (1) - Here again, the long slider skips a much needed whistle hitsound. | Shiro
01:35:920 (1) - Here again, the long slider skips a much needed whistle hitsound. | Shiro
01:39:201 (1) - This slider ends on a very strong beat (that you even emphasized with a finish hitsound), and that causes your comboing to be broken and inconsistent at this point. You should replace this with two circles to keep the emphasis correct and the comboing consistent. | Shiro
01:53:732 (1,2) - I think you should delete these two notes to stay consistent with the rest of the diff, this is the only kiai that actually has this kind of lead-in. | Shiro
02:06:857 (2) - Here again, the long slider skips a much needed whistle hitsound. | Shiro
02:29:826 (2) - I think the break after this note would seem a little unnecessary because there are still notes in the song that can be mapped. | Fluttershy03
^also, this slider ends on practically nothing and still leaves a hitsound which feels out of place | Jenny
02:48:576 (3,1) - I think you could be able to blanket these two notes because I think it would improve visuals. Remember to move the next few notes after doing so to prevent spacing issues | Fluttershy03
02:49:045 (1,2,3) - you went for a curvy approach with the combo before but now you turn to a sharp-angled triangle; this feels weird since the music doesn’t really change and, in general, is very open-easygoing and flowy which doesn’t feature sharp angles like this, specifically in the chorus sections | Jenny
02:56:545 (1,2,3) - similar; putting 2 to 459|229 would greatly improve the flow here and take away the “play every note one by one” character that doesn’t go with this song at all | Jenny
02:59:357 (2) - Here again, the long slider skips a much needed whistle hitsound. | Shiro
03:14:357 (2) - Here again, the long slider skips a much needed whistle hitsound. | Shiro

Hard
AR7 OD5 seems a bit odd, raise OD by 1, perhaps. | Jenny
00:00:998 - I think you should start here to stay consistent with Insane, having different starting points on different difficulties doesn’t make that much sense to me. If you delete the beginning of Insane (see the mod there), then don’t. Just keep the starting points consistent ! | Shiro
00:21:857 (2,3) - whether or not you want this, people will not play those sliders as “click-drag, snap to the next, click-drag”, but rather just as two hold notes due to slider leniency; consider changing them if you do not want that to happen (generally, ending sliders in a direction that is not where the cursor ultimately ends up further going to will cause this problem) | Jenny
00:29:357 (3) - I don’t understand why you’re using an anchor point here..? Not like it was a big problem but it seems out of place, a normal threepoint curve is what would be expected | Jenny
00:30:295 (1,2) - I don’t think extended sliders like this belong in a Hard diff. I can’t hear anything in the song that would justify it either. I would understand for an Insane, but this is a Hard and it feels a bit too hard of a gimmick. Same goes for 01:30:295 (1,2) - | Shiro
00:33:107 (3) - You should move this to x:48 y:132 so it would become aligned with the hitcircle of 00:32:873 (2) -, making the it look nicer. Remember to move 00:34:045 (1) - closer after doing this to prevent the slight spacing error | Fluttershy03
00:37:560 (1) - There’s no reason why you should silence the slider’s head. Raise the volume back to audible levels, at the moment it is not audible. Similarly, raise the volume on 00:53:732 (1,2,3) - 01:53:732 (1,2,3) - | Shiro
00:39:201 (2) - This slider ends on a strong beat, which makes the comboing inconsistent at this point. A ¾ slider would make actual sense here, and help fix the comboing. Same goes for 01:39:201 (2) - | Shiro, No_Dap
00:49:045 (1) - felt myself wanting this note to be more upwards/in the initial direction of the flow that the previous combo had; snapping out of it to the bottom just felt very weird here. something along 135|263 would do better | Jenny
00:52:560 (4) - previous notes on similar patterns were spaced out, why are you stacking this one? felt weird to play (and to look at, tbh), so I’d suggest you space it out as before | Jenny
01:04:982 (2) - this 1/1 breaktime here just really feels weird consider you mapped basically any ½ before or had a slider to hold at that point; it’s just a confusing antijump here that really feels out of place with how you mapped the rest of this difficulty | Jenny
01:07:795 (1,2) - making those sliders cover the front layer guitar chords just takes all the pressure and emphasis from them and as those are the main focus in the song here, it’d feel much better to have them mapped in some more active way than just holding the sliders down where they stand (which is what people will end up doing). circle triangles would work well for that | Jenny
01:43:420 (1) - You should move this slider to x:161 y:314 so it perfectly stacks with the slider end of 01:42:013 (2) - | Fluttershy03
02:03:341 (2,3) - With these notes, I think you could have made a blanket here because I don’t think it looks very good atm. A blanket would also create nicer flow. | Fluttershy03
02:09:670 - In this section, the spacing contradicts the slider velocity, which makes the sliders surprisingly slow. While that could work well in an Insane, I don’t think it works that well in a Hard. | Shiro
02:20:920 (1) - I think you should remove this note and add a ½ blanket at 02:20:685 (1) - instead. This is good because you get to hit the vocal at 02:20:685 (1) - and you get to land a hitsound on the large white tick.| Fluttershy03
02:28:420 (1,2,3) - this sudden increase of slider velocity (compared to the section before) just really felt weird as I was expecting them to go at half the speed; the song’s not really speeding up or anything, so if at all, you should keep your velocity changes rather neutral (0.75x instead of 1.0x, for example) as a doubling just.. is too much to foresee or feel well here | Jenny
02:29:826 (3) - Like I have mentioned at normal, the break here seems very unnecessary and can easily be mapped. | Fluttershy03
02:49:045 (1) - anchorpoint curve feels weird and unexpected, a normal curve would do better | Jenny
02:50:451 (4) - Ctrl + G Creates nicer flow, give it a try? | Priti
03:12:482 (2) - another one of those tricky 1/1 stops.. they’re just so unpredictable while the song isn’t | Jenny

Insane
00:00:998 (1,2,3,4,5) - I find these to actually be bad due to them only having vocals backing them up without any music, also considering the map starts with circles, it causes a really likely accuracy killer. I’d suggest you to start the map from 00:02:170 - Just like in Normal and Hard. | Priti, Jenny
00:02:990 (3) - Thole beginning starting from here until 00:09:670 - feels a bit too dense for a beginning. The song has simple focals and clicking a constant ½ rhythm with occasional ¼ feels too heavy for that part of the song.| Lizzy, Jenny
00:31:232 (3) - Drum addition finish missing | No Dap
00:35:920 (1,2) - Unstack these to be consistent with the rest of the section (x0.6 spacing) ? | Priti
00:42:013 (3) - You should move this note to x:294 y:172 for a perfect stack with the sliderend of 00:41:076 (5) - | Fluttershy03
00:58:888 (2) - hit sound missing on tail according to pattern | No Dap
01:00:295 (1,2) - 01:04:045 (1,2) - Unstack these to be consistent with the rest of the section (x0.6 spacing) ? | Priti
01:37:795 (1,2) - Blanket is a bit off, Ctrl + G (1) to be able to see it better. | Priti
02:01:466 (4) - Ctrl + G For nicer flow? | Priti
02:05:920 (1,2) - This stack is a bit confusing due to the whole section using this type of things as ¼, Consider placing (2) in another place. | Priti
02:19:045 (1,2) - Spacing feels a bit too big, makes it look like 1/1 snap. | Priti
02:29:826 (4) - Shouldn’t there be whistle on the tail? | No Dap
02:29:826 (4) - As I’ve said in the other two diffs, the break after this point seems unnecessary because I feel that the vocals there can easily be mapped and it wouldn’t be right to just leave it. | Fluttershy03
02:52:795 (1,2) - 03:13:420 (1,2) - Unstack these to be consistent with the rest of the section (x0.6 spacing) ? | Priti
03:15:529 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - I think this would flow and play better if they were Ctrl+J’d then rearranged. Angle isn’t very good imo | No Dap
03:24:200 (3) - soft addition whistle according to 03:23:263 (3) - and music | No Dap
Topic Starter
Beige
I can't upload, BSS still error. T^T

Edit) Really thanks to modding my beatmap..!
LexiaLovesU
congratz :)
Topic Starter
Beige
I write the post before I updated.

Thanks to Community Modders!

SPOILER

Shiro wrote:

Hello W h i t e,

your map has undergone a session of Community Modding ! More information here.
Special thanks to the modders who participated in this collaborative effort:
Shiro
Priti
Fluttershy03
Winek
No Dap
Jenny
Lizzy

Here is the mod. Consider this to be a summary of how the modding community recieves your map. Please take the time to go through all these points and reply to them properly, whether or not you agree with them.

General
The whole beginning seems very loud in terms of hitsounding, and the song is overridden by the samples. Consider using 20-30% volume instead as that won’t put the song as much in the background. | Jenny
00:02:170 (1) - Mainly a Normal Finish here would fit much better than a soft. The soft one is kinda “fast” and more fit for big rapid beats. Here the sound is hold, and it blend with the music lightly, so maybe a normal finish would be better. | Winek
00:04:045 (1) And other similar parts in this section - Maybe a drum whistle would fit more the guitar sound we hear? | Winek
00:04:045 - 00:05:920 - 00:07:795 - What about 35%~40% Volume Soft-Hitnormal + Drum-Hitfinish for these? makes a really nice emphasis to the guitar without taking over the music thanks to the low volume | Priti
00:54:201 - 01:54:201 - I find a drum clap + whistle to fit really well on this sound, it creates a really cool effect due to the relatively low volume | Priti
02:09:670 - I think you should silence all slider ticks in this section due to them not emphasizing any sound | Priti
03:00:998 - I think this is the point where you should stop the kiai to restart it at 03:02:170 - it would be more consistent with what happens before other kiai times. | Shiro
Make sure to look out and change anything you decide to change for the copied/mirrored sections as well. | Jenny

Normal
00:11:310 (4) - feels out of place; given the drum hitsounds, one would focus more on the background melody so this snap to the vocal line here comes very unnatural to me - also, considering this is your lowest difficulty, you would probably want not to use too many rhythmical alterations per section | Jenny
00:15:295 (1) - This should be a 1/1 repeat slider, otherwise you’re missing a whistle hitsound on 00:15:763 - and it creates an unwanted blank in your hitsounding. An alternative would be to completely remove the hitsounds on 00:15:295 (1,2) - which would make sense with the music, but try to stay consistent, that is use the same pattern for 00:30:295 (1,2) - 01:30:295 (1,2) - | Shiro
00:18:576 (3) - this (and many other ½ sliders) does not fall on the vocals with its end and along with above mentioned point (00:11:310), it just feels weird. | Jenny
00:21:857 (2) - Here again, the long slider skips a much needed whistle hitsound. | Shiro
00:31:232 (2) - I can see you’re trying to build a similar hitsounding pattern here as in Insane but due to the lack of options to put them on, it doesn’t really work and the drumwhistles here come in very sudden | Jenny
00:35:920 (1) - Here again, the long slider skips a much needed whistle hitsound. | Shiro
00:39:201 (1) - This slider ends on a very strong beat (that you even emphasized with a finish hitsound), and that causes your comboing to be broken and inconsistent at this point. You should replace this with two circles to keep the emphasis correct and the comboing consistent. | Shiro, Jenny
The entire kiai time is very inconsistent in which sounds are actually being followed/played - a lot of sliders start on a drumfinish and end on a normal-hitnormal and a lot of them are the other way around, leaving it entirely up to the eye which instruments to follow and which layers to emphasize, which is just unnecessarily confusing and inconsistent. | Jenny
00:47:170 (1) - this finish is just very sudden and harsh and feels out of place (which generally is what a soft-hitfinish does) | Jenny
00:53:263 (2) - there’s no emphasis on the end of this slider or anything and it basically ends on nothing; consider replacing it with a circle as it’s just weirdly confusing now, specifically for newer people that are trying to get used to your rhythm | Jenny
01:06:857 (2) - Here again, the long slider skips a much needed whistle hitsound. | Shiro
01:30:295 (1) - Here again, the long slider skips a much needed whistle hitsound. | Shiro
01:35:920 (1) - Here again, the long slider skips a much needed whistle hitsound. | Shiro
01:39:201 (1) - This slider ends on a very strong beat (that you even emphasized with a finish hitsound), and that causes your comboing to be broken and inconsistent at this point. You should replace this with two circles to keep the emphasis correct and the comboing consistent. | Shiro
01:53:732 (1,2) - I think you should delete these two notes to stay consistent with the rest of the diff, this is the only kiai that actually has this kind of lead-in. | Shiro
02:06:857 (2) - Here again, the long slider skips a much needed whistle hitsound. | Shiro
02:29:826 (2) - I think the break after this note would seem a little unnecessary because there are still notes in the song that can be mapped. | Fluttershy03
^also, this slider ends on practically nothing and still leaves a hitsound which feels out of place | Jenny
02:48:576 (3,1) - I think you could be able to blanket these two notes because I think it would improve visuals. Remember to move the next few notes after doing so to prevent spacing issues | Fluttershy03
02:49:045 (1,2,3) - you went for a curvy approach with the combo before but now you turn to a sharp-angled triangle; this feels weird since the music doesn’t really change and, in general, is very open-easygoing and flowy which doesn’t feature sharp angles like this, specifically in the chorus sections | Jenny
02:56:545 (1,2,3) - similar; putting 2 to 459|229 would greatly improve the flow here and take away the “play every note one by one” character that doesn’t go with this song at all | Jenny
02:59:357 (2) - Here again, the long slider skips a much needed whistle hitsound. | Shiro
03:14:357 (2) - Here again, the long slider skips a much needed whistle hitsound. | Shiro

Hard
AR7 OD5 seems a bit odd, raise OD by 1, perhaps. | Jenny
00:21:857 (2,3) - whether or not you want this, people will not play those sliders as “click-drag, snap to the next, click-drag”, but rather just as two hold notes due to slider leniency; consider changing them if you do not want that to happen (generally, ending sliders in a direction that is not where the cursor ultimately ends up further going to will cause this problem) | Jenny
00:29:357 (3) - I don’t understand why you’re using an anchor point here..? Not like it was a big problem but it seems out of place, a normal threepoint curve is what would be expected | Jenny
00:30:295 (1,2) - I don’t think extended sliders like this belong in a Hard diff. I can’t hear anything in the song that would justify it either. I would understand for an Insane, but this is a Hard and it feels a bit too hard of a gimmick. Same goes for 01:30:295 (1,2) - | Shiro
00:33:107 (3) - You should move this to x:48 y:132 so it would become aligned with the hitcircle of 00:32:873 (2) -, making the it look nicer. Remember to move 00:34:045 (1) - closer after doing this to prevent the slight spacing error | Fluttershy03
00:37:560 (1) - There’s no reason why you should silence the slider’s head. Raise the volume back to audible levels, at the moment it is not audible. Similarly, raise the volume on 00:53:732 (1,2,3) - 01:53:732 (1,2,3) - | Shiro
00:39:201 (2) - This slider ends on a strong beat, which makes the comboing inconsistent at this point. A ¾ slider would make actual sense here, and help fix the comboing. Same goes for 01:39:201 (2) - | Shiro, No_Dap
00:49:045 (1) - felt myself wanting this note to be more upwards/in the initial direction of the flow that the previous combo had; snapping out of it to the bottom just felt very weird here. something along 135|263 would do better | Jenny
00:52:560 (4) - previous notes on similar patterns were spaced out, why are you stacking this one? felt weird to play (and to look at, tbh), so I’d suggest you space it out as before | Jenny
01:04:982 (2) - this 1/1 breaktime here just really feels weird consider you mapped basically any ½ before or had a slider to hold at that point; it’s just a confusing antijump here that really feels out of place with how you mapped the rest of this difficulty | Jenny
01:07:795 (1,2) - making those sliders cover the front layer guitar chords just takes all the pressure and emphasis from them and as those are the main focus in the song here, it’d feel much better to have them mapped in some more active way than just holding the sliders down where they stand (which is what people will end up doing). circle triangles would work well for that | Jenny
01:43:420 (1) - You should move this slider to x:161 y:314 so it perfectly stacks with the slider end of 01:42:013 (2) - | Fluttershy03
02:03:341 (2,3) - With these notes, I think you could have made a blanket here because I don’t think it looks very good atm. A blanket would also create nicer flow. | Fluttershy03
02:09:670 - In this section, the spacing contradicts the slider velocity, which makes the sliders surprisingly slow. While that could work well in an Insane, I don’t think it works that well in a Hard. | Shiro
02:20:920 (1) - I think you should remove this note and add a ½ blanket at 02:20:685 (1) - instead. This is good because you get to hit the vocal at 02:20:685 (1) - and you get to land a hitsound on the large white tick.| Fluttershy03
02:28:420 (1,2,3) - this sudden increase of slider velocity (compared to the section before) just really felt weird as I was expecting them to go at half the speed; the song’s not really speeding up or anything, so if at all, you should keep your velocity changes rather neutral (0.75x instead of 1.0x, for example) as a doubling just.. is too much to foresee or feel well here | Jenny
02:29:826 (3) - Like I have mentioned at normal, the break here seems very unnecessary and can easily be mapped. | Fluttershy03
02:49:045 (1) - anchorpoint curve feels weird and unexpected, a normal curve would do better | Jenny
02:50:451 (4) - Ctrl + G Creates nicer flow, give it a try? | Priti
03:12:482 (2) - another one of those tricky 1/1 stops.. they’re just so unpredictable while the song isn’t | Jenny

Insane
00:00:998 (1,2,3,4,5) - I find these to actually be bad due to them only having vocals backing them up without any music, also considering the map starts with circles, it causes a really likely accuracy killer. I’d suggest you to start the map from 00:02:170 - Just like in Normal and Hard. | Priti, Jenny
00:02:990 (3) - Thole beginning starting from here until 00:09:670 - feels a bit too dense for a beginning. The song has simple focals and clicking a constant ½ rhythm with occasional ¼ feels too heavy for that part of the song.| Lizzy, Jenny
00:31:232 (3) - Drum addition finish missing | No Dap
00:35:920 (1,2) - Unstack these to be consistent with the rest of the section (x0.6 spacing) ? | Priti
00:42:013 (3) - You should move this note to x:294 y:172 for a perfect stack with the sliderend of 00:41:076 (5) - | Fluttershy03
00:58:888 (2) - hit sound missing on tail according to pattern | No Dap
01:00:295 (1,2) - 01:04:045 (1,2) - Unstack these to be consistent with the rest of the section (x0.6 spacing) ? | Priti
01:37:795 (1,2) - Blanket is a bit off, Ctrl + G (1) to be able to see it better. | Priti
02:01:466 (4) - Ctrl + G For nicer flow? | Priti
02:05:920 (1,2) - This stack is a bit confusing due to the whole section using this type of things as ¼, Consider placing (2) in another place. | Priti
02:19:045 (1,2) - Spacing feels a bit too big, makes it look like 1/1 snap. | Priti
02:29:826 (4) - Shouldn’t there be whistle on the tail? | No Dap
02:29:826 (4) - As I’ve said in the other two diffs, the break after this point seems unnecessary because I feel that the vocals there can easily be mapped and it wouldn’t be right to just leave it. | Fluttershy03
02:52:795 (1,2) - 03:13:420 (1,2) - Unstack these to be consistent with the rest of the section (x0.6 spacing) ? | Priti
03:15:529 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1) - I think this would flow and play better if they were Ctrl+J’d then rearranged. Angle isn’t very good imo | No Dap
03:24:200 (3) - soft addition whistle according to 03:23:263 (3) - and music | No Dap

I fixed only (Shiro, Jenny, No dap)'s Mod, And Fixed some (Priti, Winek)'s Mod. The remainder opinion feels nazi Mod.

Anyway Really Thanks ^_^
nvrsebas

YGOkid8 wrote:

wow..
kanpakyin
Very good map!
YGOkid8
Insane:
  1. I'm glad you removed a lot of the triples in the intro, as it makes much more sense now. One thing I will comment on is that your use of hitsounds forms a very stagnant and monotonous feel throughout the map. Specific examples will be listed below:
00:02:638 - Unnecessary whistle usage every two white ticks goes completely against the music. The intro starts off very quietly with stronger emphasis only on the big white ticks. Putting whistles where you put them ruins this feel completely.
00:09:670 - Similarly in the first verse, you put drum finishes on every white tick 1 and 3, and whistles on every 2 and 4. What this does is place a very strong emphasis on beats 1 and 3, and makes the map sound very... ergh. Limit your drum finishes to every big white tick, they're important due to emphasis in the actual music as well as chord changes. Don't use them on (3). Remove the whistles on 2 and 4 too, they don't fit. If you want to use whistles, use them for the vocals.
00:24:670 - Same thing in second part of verse. Drums on 1 and 3 forms a very monotonous feel, which the rhythm in the song isn't at all. If you don't want to restrict drum usage to only beat 1, then do something more interesting with it.
00:24:435 (5,6,1) - These triples in the song are actually 1/6. Having a reverse 1/6 slider works without making it confusing, or you can go with 1/6 triplet if you're feeling ambitious.
00:26:076 (5,6) - There's nothing in the music at (6), so it's weird to hit. Delete it and change (5) into a 1/2 slider to carry on the vocals while filling in the gap.
00:28:185 (5,6,1) - These are also 1/6.
00:30:060 (7,8,1) - So are these.
00:31:935 (6,7,1) - And these.
00:33:810 (7) - Nothing in the music here, like before.
00:35:685 (6) - Not here either.
00:41:545 (1,2,3,4) - Having a jump between (2,3) makes more sense than (3,4) and follows music better.
00:45:295 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - You've mapped two distinctively different rhythms in the music with exactly the same rhythm. Use some variation please?
00:49:045 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - Here it works and makes sense, due to repetition of lyrics in vocals. Change the one above please.
00:54:670 (1) - Your stagnant hitsounding works better during the chorus due to its simple rock feel, so no need to change. Pointing it out to explain differences to the verses.
01:02:052 (6) - Non-existential beat in the music. And since you're mapping to vocals, having the (1) slider start on the previous red tick fits better. If you want to get the big white tick, you can simply change it into a reverse 1/2 slider.
01:24:670 - Same thing about hitsounds in previous verse.
01:26:310 (7) - No beat in music. Follow suggestions I gave in previous section.
01:28:185 (6,7,1) - These are 1/6.
01:30:060 (6,7,1) - As are these.
01:33:810 (7) - No beat in music.
01:35:685 (5) - ^
02:02:052 (6) - Ergh.
02:07:795 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Your choice of beat placement here is inconsistent with the end of the first chorus. Specifically, you've created two very different feels for virtually the same part of music. It's not TOO big a deal, but changing it so it feels more like the first one would be better, and the beat placement here is rather plain anyway.
02:30:295 - Spinner here imo would be nice to hold over the vocals, rather than just an abrupt stop.
02:42:482 (3,4,5,6,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Your (3,4,5,6) builds up nice momentum, but then it drops immediately when you switch to sliders. Jenny has already told you about passive hitsounding, and your slider-ends here are very much so. You have the right idea with the increasing SV, but using all hitcircles for this drum bit here better builds up intensity and fits the music overall much better.
02:54:552 (6) - Ergh.
03:02:990 (3) - All your triple usage here is painful. Please don't.
03:17:170 - Honestly the end of the chorus marks a very nice place to finish, but whatever.

Hard:
  1. Everything I said about hitsounding in the Insane applies here too. Please don't make me have to repeat myself.
02:43:420 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Speed up sliders here work better due to lower difficulty. But change them to all hitcircles in Insane.

Normal:
00:39:201 (1) - Such an important speed on the slider-end is a big no-no. Use two hitcircles, or hitcircle -> slider.

Well you already know my thoughts on your copy and paste usage in Normal and Hard, but at least it makes it quicker to look at.
Topic Starter
Beige
Thanks for modding I try to confirm this mod. : )

YGOkid8

YGOkid8 wrote:

Insane:
  1. I'm glad you removed a lot of the triples in the intro, as it makes much more sense now. One thing I will comment on is that your use of hitsounds forms a very stagnant and monotonous feel throughout the map. Specific examples will be listed below:
00:02:638 - Unnecessary whistle usage every two white ticks goes completely against the music. The intro starts off very quietly with stronger emphasis only on the big white ticks. Putting whistles where you put them ruins this feel completely.
00:09:670 - Similarly in the first verse, you put drum finishes on every white tick 1 and 3, and whistles on every 2 and 4. What this does is place a very strong emphasis on beats 1 and 3, and makes the map sound very... ergh. Limit your drum finishes to every big white tick, they're important due to emphasis in the actual music as well as chord changes. Don't use them on (3). Remove the whistles on 2 and 4 too, they don't fit. If you want to use whistles, use them for the vocals.
00:24:670 - Same thing in second part of verse. Drums on 1 and 3 forms a very monotonous feel, which the rhythm in the song isn't at all. If you don't want to restrict drum usage to only beat 1, then do something more interesting with it.
00:24:435 (5,6,1) - These triples in the song are actually 1/6. Having a reverse 1/6 slider works without making it confusing, or you can go with 1/6 triplet if you're feeling ambitious.
00:26:076 (5,6) - There's nothing in the music at (6), so it's weird to hit. Delete it and change (5) into a 1/2 slider to carry on the vocals while filling in the gap.
00:28:185 (5,6,1) - These are also 1/6.
00:30:060 (7,8,1) - So are these.
00:31:935 (6,7,1) - And these.
00:33:810 (7) - Nothing in the music here, like before.
00:35:685 (6) - Not here either.
00:41:545 (1,2,3,4) - Having a jump between (2,3) makes more sense than (3,4) and follows music better.
00:45:295 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - You've mapped two distinctively different rhythms in the music with exactly the same rhythm. Use some variation please?
00:49:045 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - Here it works and makes sense, due to repetition of lyrics in vocals. Change the one above please.
00:54:670 (1) - Your stagnant hitsounding works better during the chorus due to its simple rock feel, so no need to change. Pointing it out to explain differences to the verses.
01:02:052 (6) - Non-existential beat in the music. And since you're mapping to vocals, having the (1) slider start on the previous red tick fits better. If you want to get the big white tick, you can simply change it into a reverse 1/2 slider.
01:24:670 - Same thing about hitsounds in previous verse.
01:26:310 (7) - No beat in music. Follow suggestions I gave in previous section.
01:28:185 (6,7,1) - These are 1/6.
01:30:060 (6,7,1) - As are these.
01:33:810 (7) - No beat in music.
01:35:685 (5) - ^
02:02:052 (6) - Ergh.
02:07:795 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Your choice of beat placement here is inconsistent with the end of the first chorus. Specifically, you've created two very different feels for virtually the same part of music. It's not TOO big a deal, but changing it so it feels more like the first one would be better, and the beat placement here is rather plain anyway.
02:30:295 - Spinner here imo would be nice to hold over the vocals, rather than just an abrupt stop.
02:42:482 (3,4,5,6,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Your (3,4,5,6) builds up nice momentum, but then it drops immediately when you switch to sliders. Jenny has already told you about passive hitsounding, and your slider-ends here are very much so. You have the right idea with the increasing SV, but using all hitcircles for this drum bit here better builds up intensity and fits the music overall much better.
02:54:552 (6) - Ergh.
03:02:990 (3) - All your triple usage here is painful. Please don't.
03:17:170 - Honestly the end of the chorus marks a very nice place to finish, but whatever.

Hard:
  1. Everything I said about hitsounding in the Insane applies here too. Please don't make me have to repeat myself.
02:43:420 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Speed up sliders here work better due to lower difficulty. But change them to all hitcircles in Insane.

Normal:
00:39:201 (1) - Such an important speed on the slider-end is a big no-no. Use two hitcircles, or hitcircle -> slider.

Well you already know my thoughts on your copy and paste usage in Normal and Hard, but at least it makes it quicker to look at.
Irreversible
Call me after you've got the bubble icon, so we can get this rolling.

or if you DON'T have the bubble icon after 3 more days
Ephemeral
could we get the ball rolling on this? has ygo's mod been applied fully yet?
Topic Starter
Beige
I applied YGO's Mod o_o...
Charles445
This should be good to go then.
Neat 1/6 sliders btw
YGOkid8
last minute suggestion in insane:

00:09:670 (1) - replace all the downbeat whistles with finishes? it's a softer sound and less piercing than the whistle, which i think is more appropriate. all as in up to 00:22:795 - here.

can rank after considered.
Topic Starter
Beige
Stuck at Distributing to global network...

: (
YGOkid8
i'd do ya every niiiite

srsly nsfw tag plz
Topic Starter
Beige
Thanks~ \:D/
HabiHolic
ㅊㅊㅊㅊ
Sylith
congratulations~
Andrea
Congrats~
Flask
\:D/

btw why you didn't get elite mapper tag
Ozato Fumika
흰둥이님 드디어!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 축하드려요!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

아이쨩 다이쇼리!!!!!!!!!!!
DenoisoGoiso
congratz o.o

o.o !where peppy give W h i t e a elite mapper
Rukaru
yay! finally ranked for a long time. :D
btw why the result on news disappeared?

anyway congratulation~ (again) \o/
Frobe
ㅊㅊ~
YGOkid8

raheta_adi wrote:

btw why the result on news disappeared?
from now on, i think results will only be posted after the winning map is ranked. the previous announcement was removed to go in line with this notion.
Natteke desu
sexyeliteW h i t e!
Congratz man, you deserve this!
Sapphiire_old_1
congratulations~
Raisa12

SoG Tava wrote:

congratulations~
Lari
화이트님 랭크 축하! (≥∀≤)/
SapphireGhost
Well done, one question.

Ranking Criteria wrote:

Only use the Source field if the song comes from or was made famous by a video game, movie, or series. Website names are not an acceptable Artist nor Source.
Why was ADHD (album title) never removed from the Source field?
Sonnyc
음? 그랬네요
Topic Starter
Beige
Oh, :o
Oyatsu
Congrratz! White :D
Dark Fang
show more