forum

[HowTo] Use your Samsung Galaxy Note as a Tablet for osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iMP3RiU5
Hello Guys,

Many people want to try to play with a tablet at least once, but just for trying, tablets are a little bit expensive. So why not buying a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for 450€ to try it? ;)

Okay, just a joke ^^ In this Guide I'll show you how to use your Samsung Galaxy Note Device (you know, these things with the S-PEN) as a Tablet for osu!
The Device itself is a small Wacom tablet, with a Wacom digitizer (at least the one in my Note 3 is from Wacom)

Okay, now what you need:

-Wi-Fi OR a rooted device to do reversed tethering (ask google for it; not tested yet)
- (and as you can guess it) Your Galaxy Note Device with the S-PEN

The VirtualTablet App on your phone:

Or here as a Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sunnysidesoft.VirtualTablet.lite

Next, you'll need the Server for the PC:

http://www.sunnysidesoft.com/virtualtablet/download/ (look at Server Applications)

Okay, now install all the things (that shouldn't be very hard ;) )

After that, you should open the program, and it should look like this:

For me, the Auto Discovery in the App is not working, so we'll have to enter our IP on your own (maybe you're lucky and can skip this step)

Also the Program shows me the IP of my Hamachi network adapter, so just for people, that don't know how to find out their local ip:

SPOILER
Press Win+R

Enter cmd

Press ENTER

Enter "ipconfig" (without the "")

Press ENTER

Scroll up to the top. There should be your primary network adapter.

Look under IPv4-Address or something like that

BOOM! There you go ;)

On your Mobile Device, you go like this:

And then Press Connect

Next, look at the explanation of the gestures, because they're really usefull.

In osu! itself, just turn off "Raw Input"

And there you go ;)

Just a few things:

- Turn off Sync and kill things like WhatsApp, because it can get laggy, if theres network traffic
- Hovering only works if you touch the screen using the pen once. So if you get out of range, you'll have to touch the screen with the pen once again (Hopefully, that's a bug that can get fixed)
-THIS THINGS USES BATTERY LIKE IT'S AIR! So just do a force stop after using it. Also, you can connect your Phone to USB or AC while you're playing
-Try keep the pen near your screen when hovering, because the range is very limited. If you don't do, it'll lag
-Also do not expect as a replacement for a real tablet, because there are some issues (like the hovering thing). But just for fun, it's really good ;)

Video of me playing with this thing:

Hope you like it ;)
Arcanine
watasmartd00d

nice post
xRott
It is possible to play osu pc with a smartphone, look video :D

Marcin
xRott

Marcin wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/199104 ?
wow, I did not see that: S
Korakov
whoa.. nice :o

What if Samsung Galaxy S4?
Vuelo Eluko
i think using a mechanical mouse [the kind with the rubber ball] underwater would be more effective than this

why not just use a mouse than do this
dkun

Marcin wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/199104 ?
merged and moved to g&r
chanhien
I think its latency isn't as low as a graphic tablet
Karuta-_old_1
I won't buy a samsung
MewRage
You can do the same for a Surface tablet but does anyone know how to change the active area on the desktop version?
samurai3601
im having a problem with this my cursor seems to glitch the freak out and i cant do anything about it someone help plz!!!!!!
Astral Finish
As cool and convenient this may seem, this is also probably the best way to break your phone. Unless you are playing easier songs, that is.

Be careful if you try this :?
Aljvind
So this doesn't work if my computer isn't connected to wifi?
ZenithPhantasm

Riince wrote:

i think using a mechanical mouse [the kind with the rubber ball] underwater would be more effective than this

why not just use a mouse than do this
Cynthia789
i don't know why, i can connect the server, but the virtual tablet doesn't work in my Osu :(
[Sora-]
Umm, I just downloaded this for both my Tab and my PC and, when I write the Server IP address in my Tab and press connect, there is a notification which says unable to connect, and there is a bluetooth section below the wifi one on my pc as well when I open VirtualTablet, and for that it says bluetooth not found, but for status it says ready, so if you could, then please help me with this as I have really been looking forward to play OSU! using a my Tab
Fateburn
Seems like that it only works on samsung.(Tried on my ASUS phone and pad)

gr8 4 me, cus i'll never buy a samsung.
waiting for a universal app.
[Sora-]
Well, the tab that I'm using is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, yet it says unable to connect, like i said earlier.
irasfirasf
in my tablet display didnt show anything, please help me
show more