forum

inviting people into private chat

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3,817
show more
Topic Starter
deadbeat

FireFoxZX wrote:

not player moderation im considering another moderator group entirely i have read this topic thoroughly i am suggesting another type of chat mod that can group jump to check on things also it should be a donator feature to limit its use so mods are not overwhelmed
if anyone will be doing that, it'd be the chat moderators

FireFoxZX wrote:

and it should also be a supporter only feature due to the possible misuse of this feature there are plenty of reasons why only supporters should be able to use this feature
i disagree. this should be an option for all players, not just supporters
FireFoxZX

deadbeat wrote:

FireFoxZX wrote:

not player moderation im considering another moderator group entirely i have read this topic thoroughly i am suggesting another type of chat mod that can group jump to check on things also it should be a donator feature to limit its use so mods are not overwhelmed

FireFoxZX wrote:

and it should also be a supporter only feature due to the possible misuse of this feature there are plenty of reasons why only supporters should be able to use this feature
i disagree. this should be an option for all players, not just supporters
it would be difficult to moderate for all players supporters or not and if we just added the chat moderators it would be no different than a new chat room
Wishy
If player moderation is not an option then allow users to create private channels with no moderation. XD
FireFoxZX

Wishy wrote:

If player moderation is not an option then allow users to create private channels with no moderation. XD
that wouldn't work becuse people could post inappropriate pics link to bad sites ETC.
we need moderation/mod group specifically for this feature
silmarilen

FireFoxZX wrote:

Wishy wrote:

that wouldn't work becuse people could post inappropriate pics link to bad sites ETC.
1: make them invite only
2: if someone start acting like a retard just make a new channel

altho i do think the creator should at least be able to kick people from that specific channel
Marcin

silmarilen wrote:

altho i do think the creator should at least be able to kick people from that specific channel
If private channels happen, then this should be possible. Then you don't even need moderators in there.
Topic Starter
deadbeat

FireFoxZX wrote:

Wishy wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

please listen to what is being said
FireFoxZX

firefoxzx wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

please listen to what is being said
think about how many chat mods how many of them spek english if this was a feature there would be around 500 every day there is no possible way that this could be moderated with any type of effeciency without having an entirely different mod group
FireFoxZX

silmarilen wrote:

1: make them invite only
2: if someone start acting like a retard just make a new channel

well if it was that easy you think it would have already been added, it needs a seperate mod group its not some tiny little chat room its many people in many groups at the same time it would be horribly hard to moderate without multiple people/more chat mods until then well it sorta can't be done without legal difficulty
Topic Starter
deadbeat
it's not really important anyway, peppy already said player moderation won't happen
FireFoxZX

Marcin wrote:

If private channels happen, then this should be possible. Then you don't even need moderators in there.

Peppy wrote:

"Player moderation will never, ever be an option."

its not player moderation its a new type of chat mod group specifically for this feature a lower tier of chat mod but a higher tier of player a kind of staff (its very simple)
Topic Starter
deadbeat
these chats are the same as normal 1v1 private messages, just with more people. if there are issues within a private chat, !report is your best option
FireFoxZX

deadbeat wrote:

these chats are the same as normal 1v1 private messages, just with more people. if there are issues within a private chat, !report is your best option
that wouldn't work what about the people who might deal illegally through pm's

PM's are not recorded on chat logs and thus there would also be a need to record the chat logs

and !report is not always reliable (it doesn't work for me)
Seijiro
I fully support the idea; it would be really useful to make a small group to chat with :)
Foneza
This is the problem for chatting in Osu!. The Chat moderator will have no idea of what is happening inside a private chat. So If we do something "Bad"
which most of the time I have no clue of what I did, we can get away with it. BUT, these things should keep it between one another. When on public chatroom, it means another thing. You get what I mean?
neuro
-
FireFoxZX

minase_yukari wrote:

I support the idea and hope it will become a new feature. I always wanted to talk to my friends in a private chat on osu! :3
thanks for joining the club :D
FireFoxZX

ACEsushi wrote:

This is the problem for chatting in Osu!. The Chat moderator will have no idea of what is happening inside a private chat. So If we do something "Bad"
which most of the time I have no clue of what I did, we can get away with it. BUT, these things should keep it between one another. When on public chatroom, it means another thing. You get what I mean?
thats the point of a new mod-group its like a mike of a public chatroom and a private one

if at all we should limit these rooms to a certain number in order to not have 500000 inmoderatable rooms have 15 easily moderatable rooms and have it be a donator feature
Topic Starter
deadbeat
for the last time FireFoxZX:
there will be no new moderation group. the GMT/Chat ops will handle any issues with !reports

also having a limit on the amount of group chats is silly as well. what if i want to have a private chat with me and the rest of the support team. i'd have to join another group chat that has tons of other people in it. i might as well be talking in #osu >_>
Raging Bull
Sounds like he just wants green name.

And without getting my post deleted.

Seems like a good idea since I like to speak with more than one sometimes but I have to keep two chat windows open orz.
Stregan
I support this idea some of my friends even goes to facebook just to groupchat.
Yukiteru Amano
Hope it will be available soon... :D
pola[r]is
It would be nice. Especially if you're talking in #osu and then 3-4 odd people are talking about the same beatmap.
You can just invite them all to one chat, and maybe play a multiplayer match together :D.
FireFoxZX

Raging Bull wrote:

Sounds like he just wants green name.

And without getting my post deleted.

Seems like a good idea since I like to speak with more than one sometimes but I have to keep two chat windows open orz.
if i wanted a green name you think i would be speaking in green not blue

yes i aspire to be a moderator but i am not "trying" im helping out and expressing my opinion if they want to mod me so be it

and multiple chat windows are a bother i dont see why we have to put up with that, its one of the things that annoys me
FireFoxZX

deadbeat wrote:

for the last time FireFoxZX:
there will be no new moderation group. the GMT/Chat ops will handle any issues with !reports

also having a limit on the amount of group chats is silly as well. what if i want to have a private chat with me and the rest of the support team. i'd have to join another group chat that has tons of other people in it. i might as well be talking in #osu >_>
another option is just make a #multiplayer for people not in multiplayer that would be fine, also i get the "NO NEW MODERATION GROUPS" but if this feature did get released the chat mods would be heavily understaffed unless you had a limit on the number of chat groups. if you had 5000 chat groups think of how many each SINGLE chat mod would have to check, its just not humanly possible i do not oppose the "NO NEW MODERATION GROUPS" my idea in fact it was just a stupid idea that might have solved the problem (it didn't) also the !report system only works if people want to report something so that would be out of the question (if you want to ask why please reread the forum)
Oinari-sama
Double posting everywhere =.=

Use the Edit button next time
Topic Starter
deadbeat
p/2556767 FireFoxZX, please re-read what peppy said. i really don't think you understand. also there is now way i'd even want my private chats moderated anyway. it's private chat for a reason. now please stop with this moderation nonsense
FireFoxZX

deadbeat wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/2556767 FireFoxZX, please re-read what peppy said. i really don't think you understand. also there is now way i'd even want my private chats moderated anyway. it's private chat for a reason. now please stop with this moderation nonsense
i already read that please reread my posts i think you do not understand them yes private chats should not be moderated but also this would cuase many problems thus i recomended the room limit we cant just have 5000 unmoderated rooms that would be insane (AS FOR THE MODERATION I ALREADY DROPPED THAT)

Oinari-sama wrote:

Double posting everywhere =.=

Use the Edit button next time
EDIT: thank oinari for the reminder
Sentient_DELETED
Support this! Would be awesome :)
Yukiteru Amano
Bump!
Primula_old
Basically - capability of making your own custom irc channels?

I think this would be a wonderful addition to osu!, I'd much prefer talking to my own group of friends in private ratherthan individually or through the default public channels.

I do think it would be nice to at least be able to kick people from the channel though because if that wouldn't be the case, you would have to remake the channel with another name and invite everyone else just to get rid of the person you wanted to kick. >w<
FabulousCupcake

Primula wrote:

I think this would be a wonderful addition to osu!, I'd much prefer talking to my own group of friends in private ratherthan individually or through the default public channels.

I do think it would be nice to at least be able to kick people from the channel though because if that wouldn't be the case, you would have to remake the channel with another name and invite everyone else just to get rid of the person you wanted to kick. >w<
No, I think it's not ( should be ) "custom irc channels".
If custom irc channels are used, someone who knew the channel can always join without invite, and someone could randomly enter it :?
Primula_old

s4nji wrote:

Primula wrote:

No, I think it's not ( should be ) "custom irc channels".
If custom irc channels are used, someone who knew the channel can always join without invite, and someone could randomly enter it :?
IRC channels can have passwords set.. it'd be similar to how the #multiplayer channel works (you can choose whether to have your multiplayer match require a password, and you can invite others to it.. only people in the multiplayer match can use the #multiplayer chat).

Also, you're able to kick people from a multiplayer match, isn't that a form of moderation? So why would we not be allowed to kick people from our own private channels?
Yukiteru Amano
Bump. As already said. Make it like a multi lobby. You need to press "Create Chat lobby" (for instance), and then you can select for it too be Public or private. Private would req an invite from the owner of the lobby only, too increase moderation of the lobby. Public anyone can find it in some kind of chat list.

Support :D
10crystalmask01
But then it won't really be a 'private' chat anymore :? Wouldn't it be more like a group chat, lol?
Topic Starter
deadbeat
no, it's still a private chat. private chats aren't limited to 1 on 1 conversations :p
Shigoto
Good Idea, voted for it. (even if i don't play anymore) \:D/
WhiteRose
Awesome Idea .3.

Voted ofc
Kitokofox
I can already see how big of a pain this could be to implement. But seeing all the suggestions thrown around says otherwise. I think BanchoBot should give op power to the original creator of the private chat.
Topic Starter
deadbeat

Kitokofox wrote:

I think BanchoBot should give op power to the original creator of the private chat.
what. no. that's silly. most they'd EVER need is a kick function. and even, i still don't see a huge need
show more