forum

Calvin Harris - Sweet Nothing (ft. Florence Welch)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[yendu]
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 28 апреля 2014 г. at 22:59:30

Artist: Calvin Harris
Title: Sweet Nothing (ft. Florence Welch)
Tags: calvin harris florence welch sweet nothing house edm electro dance
BPM: 128
Filesize: 6526kb
Play Time: 03:24
Difficulties Available:
  1. Baraatje123's Extra (5 stars, 810 notes)
  2. Easy+ (1,95 stars, 156 notes)
  3. Insane (2,52 stars, 190 notes)
  4. Normal (1,9 stars, 160 notes)
Download: Calvin Harris - Sweet Nothing (ft. Florence Welch)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first beatmap....
o~o'
Easy - 100% (Done)
Normal - 100% (Done)
Insane - 100% (Done)
Baraatje123's Extra - 100% (He done it :3(it's a temp GD))
Updates:
Easy: Update 1 - changed beat snap divisor from 1/3 to 1/2, resnapped all objects to rhythm of vocals and beats.
Easy: Update 2 - placed the objects so it would be easy for players to get cursor to object and hit it.
Easy: Update 3 - bpm changed from 130 to 128 and offset changed to 860. objects are resnapped and length of sliders is recalculated.
Normal: Update 4 - created a new difficulty (1:20 done)
Normal: Update 5 - completed mapping this difficulty.
Hard: Update 6 - created this difficulty (1:24 done) (not sure why but it's 3 stars, don't mind it)
Hard: Update 7 - completed mapping this difficulty.
Insane (previously known as Hard): Update 8 - remapped the notes and changed the name for a fitting one (looks lazy, ik)
Easy/Normal: Update 9 - Remapped easy (followed baraatje123's mod), same goes to Normal.
Insane: Update 10 - Moved notes to 1/1 (remapped too)
tollox
Hey hey, as promised

Easy
00:21:485 (3), 00:32:969 (3,4) - - Note on sliderending here especially challenging for noobs.
-Slider speed maybe a little bit too high
02:18:203 (5) - Doing more than a single backandforth is also on the harder side
- Maybe a small break in the longer part

Normal
- Snapping to music here appears worse than on the easy difficultly. You seem to mostly follow vocals when they're there, which is good, but it needs some stricter following here. Id recommend taking a good look at most of your notes and whether they fit something in the music and whether you're not missing something the player almost expects to be mapped.
- Main thing is that you're using 1/3 snapping while I think you should be using 1/4. It sounds off on almost every time you have notes that aren't on the white ticks. Use 25% speed in the editor to confirm for yourself

Few examples of other music snapping problems:
00:24:922 (2) - the "hollow" drags on quite a bit further than your slider. A slider that turns back at the middle of the word would fit much better here
01:24:453 (3,4,5) - You leave the "I" completely unmapped while the first note of these three seems to hit before the "swallow"
02:06:485 (4,5,6) - "such" and "sweet" and "lo-" are all mapped but "-ving" isn't, feels like its missing (you do this multiple times and it sounds strange every time)

In a couple of places it's easy to make the map look a lil better
02:21:953 (4,5) - Bit of a strange overlap between these sliders, you can wrap the sliders around each other more cleanly or try something else entirely

Overall the aesthetics aren't amazing, I'd use more of the smooth sliders with slight bends instead of the angled ones

Hard

Probably more comfortable if you put AR to 8
Could use more of the smooth sliders as well, the angled ones tend to give a map a bit of a dated look

The map needs better snapping to the music. A lot of the patterns you use don't really match up very well with the music. Really needs a thorough look through.

A few examples:
00:04:141 (3,4,5) - Her "aaand" is sort of draggy and starts way before the first note here
00:09:297 (2,3,4,5,6) - You can definitely come up with something that fits more here
01:26:875 (4,5,6,7,8) - - She starts way before your notes here, right in the middle between other notes
01:39:297 (4,5,6,7) - Missing the last part of "hollow"
02:03:203 (6) - She starts way earlier

01:02:735 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - More of an insane worthy pattern. The game ranks your map as insane as well, maybe its worth treating your map more as one
01:11:172 (5,6,1,2,3,4) - Also more like insane
01:18:672 (5,6,7,8,9) - Definitely more like insane
01:31:797 (2,3,4) - Jumps as big as these ones really dont fit here
02:52:422 (1,2,3,4,5) - Ouch, no way for a hard
00:32:383 (5,6,7,1) - Too hard as well

Remember that if you're using the 1/4 ticks for anything other than streams/triples then it will feel like a normal pattern at double the bpm. In your case that's 256 bpm, making some of these definitely too challenging for a hard.

Well, I hope that helps!
Topic Starter
[yendu]

tollox wrote:

Hey hey, as promised

Easy
00:21:485 (3), 00:32:969 (3,4) - - Note on sliderending here especially challenging for noobs.
-Slider speed maybe a little bit too high
02:18:203 (5) - Doing more than a single backandforth is also on the harder side
- Maybe a small break in the longer part

Normal
- Snapping to music here appears worse than on the easy difficultly. You seem to mostly follow vocals when they're there, which is good, but it needs some stricter following here. Id recommend taking a good look at most of your notes and whether they fit something in the music and whether you're not missing something the player almost expects to be mapped.
- Main thing is that you're using 1/3 snapping while I think you should be using 1/4. It sounds off on almost every time you have notes that aren't on the white ticks. Use 25% speed in the editor to confirm for yourself

Few examples of other music snapping problems:
00:24:922 (2) - the "hollow" drags on quite a bit further than your slider. A slider that turns back at the middle of the word would fit much better here
01:24:453 (3,4,5) - You leave the "I" completely unmapped while the first note of these three seems to hit before the "swallow"
02:06:485 (4,5,6) - "such" and "sweet" and "lo-" are all mapped but "-ving" isn't, feels like its missing (you do this multiple times and it sounds strange every time)

In a couple of places it's easy to make the map look a lil better
02:21:953 (4,5) - Bit of a strange overlap between these sliders, you can wrap the sliders around each other more cleanly or try something else entirely

Overall the aesthetics aren't amazing, I'd use more of the smooth sliders with slight bends instead of the angled ones

Hard

Probably more comfortable if you put AR to 8
Could use more of the smooth sliders as well, the angled ones tend to give a map a bit of a dated look

The map needs better snapping to the music. A lot of the patterns you use don't really match up very well with the music. Really needs a thorough look through.

A few examples:
00:04:141 (3,4,5) - Her "aaand" is sort of draggy and starts way before the first note here
00:09:297 (2,3,4,5,6) - You can definitely come up with something that fits more here
01:26:875 (4,5,6,7,8) - - She starts way before your notes here, right in the middle between other notes
01:39:297 (4,5,6,7) - Missing the last part of "hollow"
02:03:203 (6) - She starts way earlier

01:02:735 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - More of an insane worthy pattern. The game ranks your map as insane as well, maybe its worth treating your map more as one
01:11:172 (5,6,1,2,3,4) - Also more like insane
01:18:672 (5,6,7,8,9) - Definitely more like insane
01:31:797 (2,3,4) - Jumps as big as these ones really dont fit here
02:52:422 (1,2,3,4,5) - Ouch, no way for a hard
00:32:383 (5,6,7,1) - Too hard as well

Remember that if you're using the 1/4 ticks for anything other than streams/triples then it will feel like a normal pattern at double the bpm. In your case that's 256 bpm, making some of these definitely too challenging for a hard.

Well, I hope that helps!
Thanks!
It helped alot!
Bara-
Hi, requested mod
This map need a lot of work, sorry. The biggest issue are the hitsounds, if you want, I can do those for you (ask in my queue (found at my profile))

[General]
Tags: Remove Calvin Harris Sweet Nothing Florence Welch House EDM Electro Dance
Song name + Artist never go into tags, type of music will be added when it is ranked
Isn't the artist Calvin Harris ft. Florence Welch?

[Easy+]
ALWAYS!!! USE DISTANCE SNAP, SET IT TO 1.0x! MOVE ALL OBJECTS TO THIS
I WILL NOT LIST DISCTANCE ERRORS, SINCE THEN i WOULD NEED MORE POSTS >.< SORRY
ALMOST ONLY USE WHITE TICKS ON THE TIMELINE, AVOID RED ONES AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
NC = New Combo
Overlap = Objects overlap each other
Move Away = Move it on the time
Add note = Add a circle
00:00:860 - Add note here
00:01:328 (1) - Move away, 1/2 beat
00:02:031 (2) - Move away 1/1 beat
00:02:031 (2) - Overlap with 1
00:03:906 (3) - Move away 1/2, shorten it 1/2
00:06:250 (5) - Ugly Stack, you have 2 things to do with a ugly stack, remove it, ALWAYS do this in Easy/normal, Or make it perfect, soo with 0.00x distance between them
00:16:563 (1) - Move away 1/2
00:36:953 (4) - WTH? Jumps are not allowed in Normal and under
00:43:985 (2,3,4) - ^^
00:45:391 - Add note
00:46:328 (5) - NC
The instrumental part is way better
01:31:563 (6) - Move away 1/2 + NC
01:37:891 (2) - Don't do this in Easy, can confuse players
01:48:203 (5) - Give it a reverse
02:07:891 (1) - Spinner is too long
The rest needs some fixing in distance, but seems fine for the rest

[Normal]
Use as much 1/1 as possible, NO 1/3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Again use DS(Distance Snap)
Follow the vocals abit more, with only using 1/1, trust me, your maps will get better soon.
Since this map uses 1/3, instead of the correct 1/2 No mod yet, feel free to call me ingame when you fix this.

[Insane]
It uses same speed as Easy ○.○ NO!
Give it somewhere in the 2.x0 and remap most of the diff, sorry
What is wrong with this diff, sorry?
Impossible jump streams, while you left them out, when they should happen.
One thing, Can you clear this diff w/o failing?
I can't
First,
Song Setup Difficulty
HP - 6 is recommended, since it is rather slow
CS 5 Is strongly unrecommended, I'd say 4
AR 8-9 is better
OD 7 is also good
For insane, you mapped some parts like they are Easy/Normal, try to follow the beat

No mod on this, but when you made it in a way that you can clear it, call me, and I'll mod it.

Maybe it will help, if I made a Difficulty, so you can see, how this song can be mapped, since I like the song, I would like to make one :D

Oh another thing. DON'T USE DRUM HITSOUNDS, USE SOFT/NORMAL

Even though this needs much work, Good Lcuk!
Bara-
I find it very funny that Easy has 150 objects, Normal 170, Insane 190 and my diff over 800 :D
Nwolf
y'know, overmapping actually ain't funny. Especially when it's this extreme.
Bara-

Nwolf wrote:

y'know, overmapping actually ain't funny. Especially when it's this extreme.
Actually, my diff is not done, after giving this U saw many errors, like hitsounds, 1st kiai and colours.
I was supposed to give it today, but I'm very ill and I will probably not send ot today >.<
But overmapping? Not really, and BTW, this is my mapping style.
Very Fast, and sometimes (always) to much.
lightr
Hi from in-game request :D

Insane

1,You need a preview point
2,100% Vol. is large and noisy.
3,Is this insane?It is tooooo easy ! You lose many streams and 1.1SV is too slow.
4,Many overmapping is not suitable,such as 00:04:141 (4,5,6,7) - 00:32:383 (5,6,7) - 01:27:695 (6,7,8) - ......
5,Pls , pls put more notes on white and red line.It sames that you only follow the vocal,this is not enough!
6,I'm sorry that I can't mod your map,becuase you need more work on it.In a worst case,you should remap it.

Normal
1,Use 1/2 or 1/4 to map this diff pls,don't use 1/3.
2,Use Distance Snap PLS!
3,Same as insane,just follow vocal is not enough.You should make this map have a sense of rhythm.

Sorry,this mapset needs more work,I can't mod it.
You need to remap if you want to improve the quality of your map.
Good luck ~ :D