forum

[Archived] Can't enter fullscreen mode.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Sean]
Problem Details:
Title. I switch from native 1920x1080 borderless into fullscreen, and game remains in borderless mode. I don't want this. I'm active on skype and every damn message/notification drops osu to 17fps and makes it impossible to play.

No. I won't disable skype notifications.

Borderless with aero enabled has a 9-12ms input lag, with it disabled it's 6-8, and then with it full screen it's around 3-4ms with aero disabled. I need fullscreen to play properly. People think that ms should be nothing... Trust me... I've been playing mouse the entire time I've been on osu!. You notice this stuff, and you notice it is ridiculously annoying.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Also: I can't puush when in fullscreen either.

osu! version: 20140331 (latest)
Dexus
what operating system? If possible disable desktop composition. I see no reason to use Aero. In fact I'm surprised that osu! doesn't have an option to disable desktop composition on startup built into it by now for people to take notice of.
Celzon
I'm having this issue as well. I can't change go any resolution whatsoever when I'm in-game. It gets stuck on my borderless option.
Hold Shift while running osu! and it should bring up a menu, you'll be able to change the resolution there.

EDIT : The problem seems to go away after I changed resolutions + enabled fullscreen with ^. I'm able to change resolutions freely again ingame.
Topic Starter
[Sean]

Dexus wrote:

what operating system? If possible disable desktop composition. I see no reason to use Aero. In fact I'm surprised that osu! doesn't have an option to disable desktop composition on startup built into it by now for people to take notice of.
Windows 7.

If you noticed, I said I wasn't using it. 3-4ms delay is usually the input itself being the polling rate at 1mhz, then a 2-3ms delay in display, giving me the 3-4ms. I don't have a 4k monitor that has a 1ms display rate.

I disable aero when in-game through simply opening OBS in the background. I can't record gameplay for osu! either, which I do frequently, since most of my recording programs that don't tank the cpu during recording don't record borderless/windowed clients.
Topic Starter
[Sean]

Celzon wrote:

I'm having this issue as well. I can't change go any resolution whatsoever when I'm in-game. It gets stuck on my borderless option.
Hold Shift while running osu! and it should bring up a menu, you'll be able to change the resolution there.

EDIT : The problem seems to go away after I changed resolutions + enabled fullscreen with ^. I'm able to change resolutions freely again ingame.

Still borderless. What annoys me is that the removal of this is probably because of the crash reports still coming in about alt+tabbing from full screen. It's clearly a window focus problem within the D3D coding but it's removed regardless.
Celzon
If that's the case then we won't be able to do anything but to wait, huh..
It works for me though, somehow.
CPTW

Celzon wrote:

I had this problem when I first set it on borderless few months ago but what Celzon said worked for me just now. Changed res. to windowed > click full screen.
Topic Starter
[Sean]
I can't physically go into windowed mode. For some reason it forces 1920x1080 regardless of resolution. Pretty sure the issue is slowly pointing towards nvidia drivers at this stage.

Probably the newer revisions though. So something's changed and peppy hasn't adapted the client.
Celzon
I'm using an ATI card
Topic Starter
[Sean]
But can you go into windowed mode?
Celzon
Before I did what I mentioned up there, no.
After I did it, yeah I can.
Topic Starter
[Sean]
Well I've tried multiple combinations and nothing works. I'm not happy since I'm missing on jumps because it feels wrong.
Zolano
Same over here D:
Hope it's getting fixed or something :?
koala1207
Since I did not find anyway online to solve this problem.
I put my way here.
Open your osu!.user.cfg, you can find a line is Fullscreen = xxxxx. If it is Fullscreen = Window, then change it to Fullscreen = Fullscreen. Then you can actually use fullscreen.