forum

Mario Kart 8

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mianki
I pre-ordered it and if it doesn't come with the mail in the next few hours then I'll have to wait 'till monday :(

Edit: I went for a jog after I posted ^. I got back, powered up my PC and checked few pages. And then I heard a bigger clank than usual from the letterbox behind me. I started smiling, turned around and saw a white envelope and knew what was inside. I ripped it open and there it was, MAH MARIO KART
Nwolf
They... they ruined N64 rainbow road's music ;_;
Mianki
Uploaded the first highlight, I'm Luigi.

NaomiMinette
Now to plan a tourney...

Btw, nice vid :P
jericho2442
aaand here is the first highlight vid from me too :p

game is sooo good omg, love it.

and guys dont forget you can join our super active skype group for it anytime you want, just send me or blaze a pm o/

Topic Starter
RatedNC17

Mianki wrote:

Uploaded the first highlight, I'm Luigi.

Wow thank whoever threw that shell
NaomiMinette
Gotta love this game:

Yes, this is my first highlight reel~
Mianki
Keep getting connection errors when I try Global, I'll try this when I'll get a ethernet switch http://www.crashwiki.com/quick-guide-fi ... on-errors/
NaomiMinette
Yeah, the server's pretty bad at the moment.

EDIT: Luigi's Death Stare is apparently a thing now (video isn't mine):

karterfreak
I used to do a lot of time trialing in mario kart games at a competitive level, so I kinda picked up on that again in Mario Kart 8.

This vid was 7'th worldwide when I posted it up and only .515 behind the World Record.

NaomiMinette
Quick reminder to everyone here: for those with a Club Nintendo account who qualified for a free download code, don't forget to register THAT game as well; you can still get Coins/Stars for it!
OnosakiHito
Oh we can? Good to know. Thanks! lol
I took the windwalker.

@Tasha: We should play together as well.
NaomiMinette
Well... I guess Luigi's death stare is public now...

[- Alex -]
This game is only about RNG and LUCK. From 1 place to last one in 3 sec. I never got Stars or boost or maybe 1 bullet. DAM IT WHY I HAVE SO MUCH BAD LUCK IN ANY GAME.

W/e

Best Mario Kart video .
NaomiMinette
Welcome to Mario Kart, lol.
kirueggy

Blazevoir wrote:

and this gentlemen is why Mario kart 8 is GOTY 2014
NaomiMinette
Have you all tried Battle Mode yet? IT, IS, CRAZY FUN! :D And I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's actually a lot more fun after you're out, because... well... I'll let you see for yourself :P
RemmyX25
I'm not alive, I swear

La Volpe

Blazevoir wrote:

Damn, pretty sure they didn't had much to talk about on news anyways.... they see me rollin' they hatin'!
Jinxy
While I know how a mobius strip works I fail to see the charm that's added to having its MKTVs be upside down half the time
NaomiMinette

Jinxy wrote:

While I know how a mobius strip works I fail to see the charm that's added to having its MKTVs be upside down half the time
Antigravity would be pointless if MKTV showed our point of view the whole time, so...
Mianki
Online is still pretty much unplayable for me, keep getting connection errors. I managed to play few games with 3 other players in Tournament but after those few games I got connection error ;_;
Soaprman
It usually works alright for me as long as no friends try to join. That tends to be the point when things break. Sometimes it breaks just fine on its own though!

I really hope they patch this up. They can do it Tuesday while everyone is distracted by E3.
f i z i k

i want to play this so badly
worth? i need to buy a wii ;_;
Chamelo
Not just Wii, but Wii U. ;w;

Btw, I'm planning on buying Wii U in the future. (Possibly next year)

Should I buy it from the local store in my country,
or should I order it from the U.S. then use the shipping service to my home?
Because ordering online is wayyyyyyyy cheaper than the local store here.
kirueggy

f i z i k wrote:

i want to play this so badly
worth? i need to buy a wii ;_;
god why.

I guess luigi's death stare is a way to get back at the people who made "mario is missing"
noneed
Almost worth buying Wii U for. Streams got me real jelly but at least Sonic Allstars Racing is keeping me company.
Loctav
Aaaaaa. I bought it yesterday and I love it!
I wonder if we could setup own tourneys and run them frequently there :D would be kinda fun I think. (Maybe have a osu!wide leaderboard for this, according to the tourney outcomes)
Garven
This game is best played outside.

NaomiMinette

Loctav wrote:

I wonder if we could setup own tourneys and run them frequently there :D would be kinda fun I think. (Maybe have a osu!wide leaderboard for this, according to the tourney outcomes)
Would be interesting, yes.

Garven wrote:

This game is best played outside.

Hooooooooooooooooooly shit.
gift1992
so, now i have it tooooo, there is all the racing guys!!!!
La Volpe
I finally bought the Wii U/Mario Kart 8 bundle.. you win this time Nintendo but the war is not over. Anyways hope to play with some of you guys!
Secretpipe
I have a Wii U.
I haven't teh game.

WHY
kirueggy

Secretpipe wrote:

I have a Wii U.
I haven't teh game.

WHY
you should just commit Luigi right now
Soaprman
This post is a friendly reminder that we have a Skype group that's great for arranging games, and that anyone can get in by asking someone who's already in to add them (examples: myself, Blazevoir, jericho2442).

Also, for those who don't know, there's a bug where you can disband an entire room by leaving without first choosing a course between races. Or at least I think that's how it happens. It's something like that. Anyway, be careful with how you disconnect!

Totally gonna play this some today though. Didn't play it much this week because I was busy fawning over the stuff from E3. That's over with now though so life can go on!
_sparky_

Secretpipe wrote:

I have a Wii U.
I haven't teh game.

WHY
same x_x
_sparky_
got mario kart 8 like 3 days ago and i love it :3

the online play actually works well :<<
XPJ38
I just played MK8 at a friend's house. I don't get why bananas are so penalizing (in previous MKs you would just spin and lose some speed, not stop completely like with shells) but overall it is a pretty good game, better than MKWii at least.
JonasP
not even close to be as good as MArio KArt Wii for the competetive scene
great game to play with friends and family though!
_sparky_
new dlc for mario kart 8 ;3
show more