I used to own this and it's so sad the download link is the reason for it's downfall. c'est la vie
Actually I have an image of my old computer when I used to have this skin. I found the image last night and if I can restore it correctly I may have the osk file, I'll see what I can doAlright, thanks so much! I'll also see if I can revamp and create a V3 from scratch while you're at it.
Alright, cool to see this back up.I've noticed everything that you've said as well after playing a bit more, I'll try to patch them up soon. Although, this may take another while for me to update since I'm trying to skin the taiko mascot (might not push though with it if my patience decides to be uncooperative) and I'd like to have more people give feedback as well so I don't miss anymore issues.
I've just had a little play around and it definitely looks much better than v2 from what I can remember of it. Here's my basic overview so far:
+ The look in general is so much more cleaner and much better looking - props to you on that
+ Ranking screen is much nicer, as well as ranking letters.
+ Pass and fail icons are an interesting change and touch but I love it (always a fan for undertale stuff)
+ Mod icons are much nicer to look at
- The menuclick sound is delayed for whatever reason and it's a bit annoying when hovering through even only just a few maps, as the delay means you suddenly just get hit by a wave of noise. I have checked the sound in the files and that wasn't delayed, so I'm not exactly sure what's happened there.
- Text colour for maps could be changed to something that makes it a bit easier to read/ compliments the theme. White could possibly do.
- Difficulty stars seem to darken when the map/difficulty is selected, instead of become visible.
- Colours for the hit circles in general could do with different colours to make reading different strings a lot easier. Approach circles could be changed to just be white instead, just to give extra clarity as well.
~ Would be nice to see some more pixel art come in for combo bursts. I had made a few with my modifications to v2, but I've lost them ever since my hard drive failed on me. I'd be happy to make some, although I'm not sure how good my pixel art skills would compare.
Other than all that, you've done well to one up v2! It's nice to see people continue with projects like this. ^ ^
Combo1: 19, 149, 186Mostly just chose the brighter side of things just so it's easier to spot when combos end and start. I also got rid of the darker gray part to the hit circles, so only the circle around is shown and is transparent in the middle. Just thought it would look a bit nicer and help a bit with clarity also. I did try overriding the slider track colour to black, but i'm not too sure about it or not. If you want to try it out just put this into the skin.ini:
Combo2: 255, 248, 0
Combo3: 255, 51, 102
Combo4: 0, 245, 61
SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0I'll do a little more experimenting maybe tomorrow, so I'll see where that goes.
SongSelectActiveText: 255,255,0I feel it makes it just a bit nicer to look at and displays the stars properly, as they are completely tinted black since SongSelectActiveText was set as (0,0,0) for the current version.
Some more late night testing and a small update!You're waaay too kind, thanks again! Although, as I said earlier, I may take a longer time to update this skin, but I've tried out your settings and will be using them on the next update I put up. The other sounds however, I might just change to new files if I find better ones since I have to admit that I kind of rushed adding in the sounds since I really wanted to upload the skin on a personal deadline I set for myself after taking more than a month to improve the skin.
Played around a bit with song select text colours. While I guess it doesn't look the absolute best, I did come to:SongSelectActiveText: 255,255,0I feel it makes it just a bit nicer to look at and displays the stars properly, as they are completely tinted black since SongSelectActiveText was set as (0,0,0) for the current version.
I've also taken care of the delayed sounds as well. Turns out there was actually a significant amount of delay in the WAV file when I looked at them on Audacity. It's simple to fix as all you have to do is delete the silent spaces, but if you want the modified WAV files just hit me up.