forum

Default background for beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,571
show more
Remco
Would certainly make it easy to have every background a custom color
PureFallen
I love the idea.

Problem: Flashlight Mod.
I hate it to use a 100% Dim, i can´t see the circle of FL.
Other way i see a custom Background. Both disturb me by playing.

So i must change the background in the Songs-Folder after i downloaded a new map.

Ouch, that hurts :o
Mafuuu
This would be so awesome to have around. I don't like using 100% dim since it makes the lighting weird for me and it sounds like too much of a pain in the ass to change all my beatmap backgrounds into a black picture .-.
-Maus-
/sup even though I wouldn't use it much.
-Maus-

5522Luca wrote:

Sorry for double post, but

Did you say something?
gregest

Transformau5 wrote:

5522Luca wrote:

Did you say something?

on topic:I would love this because I play with 50% dim and gray bg and it's a pain to change bg on every map
Mahogany
Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

Yes yes yes
SmoreJoy

CptBlackBird wrote:

Transformau5 wrote:

Did you say something?

Also, this is one of my most desired game additions. I think players should be able to choose the background they play on. Also I would prefer having the background of the mappers choice when selecting a map, but still have the option of a skinned playfield while playing the song.
Dromadan
I beg for this to be added.
shioty
Nice idea ! but In CTB I CANT PLAY FULL DIM
Conor
Sjolle
As a newbie, i would love this feature.. Sometimes at my current level the different backgrounds just keep messing up my combo :<
Mahogany

Sjolle wrote:

As a newbie, i would love this feature.. Sometimes at my current level the different backgrounds just keep messing up my combo :<
Dim the background to 100%
Dephix

WEIRD FACE wrote:

I would prefer having the background of the mappers choice when selecting a map, but still have the option of a skinned playfield while playing the song.
this is a must in the game imo
WingSilent
Sounds like a good addition. :D
ziin
You can skin this "effect" with inputoverlay-key.png.

it's how I play with a gray background without replacing anything in the beatmap.
Pituophis

ziin wrote:

You can skin this "effect" with inputoverlay-key.png.

it's how I play with a gray background without replacing anything in the beatmap.
I tried this but it covered up the hit circles as well.

+support

I would like this feature.

I used OsuBGReplacer. to Change all my BG images. I was dumb enough to use it on all my songs before testing it on one map. Hope it works. lol

EDIT: program worked fine but it also deletes the custom hitsounds in the beatmap skin :(

EDIT2: Replaced dead link. Let me know if it works
Fritz
This should be added to the game for sure. My friend (Kon) coded me a program that will remove all current beatmap images and replace it with the file overwrite.png. It also has an option to restore all the backgrounds, I use this when I will be playing osu! in public to avoid anime women all over my screen.

Here you go: https://www.sendspace.com/file/rpwf8i
Virus scan (Qihoo's detections are false, still use at own risk): https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/ee81 ... 451441162/
Sunkiss
Yes Please!
mulraf
agreed. looks like it's not likely to see the request being done after 2 years but i still have hope left :P
someone here wondered if it would be the main menu screen just behind every map. i'd personally preffer 2 individual backgrounds (just if this somehow gets added though)
Mahogany

mulraf wrote:

looks like it's not likely to see the request being done after 2 years but i still have hope left :P
Eh, I'd wait for osu!next before we call any of these requests "dead"

That said, osu!next is pretty much half-life 3
MightyDJ
Yes!!!! :idea: :idea: :idea:

Very nice idea because i hate to play with those fucking anime/hentai backgrounds in every god damn song... :o :o :o
vitail
YES
Bren
I thought this would be great if it was implemented. Instead of being stuck with an all black background when the dim is set to 100%, it would be nice if we could choose to see another color other than black; it provides the players with even more choices to approach the game.
Bara-
I'd like this!
Eddragon
Seems pretty cool to me. I can see all kinds of benefits for this. Maybe you have a favorite color that is easy on your eyes, or maybe you want a background with sharp contrast to the skin you are using. Can not see a any real downside to the game play from this so I am all for it
Pfeifi
Just found this thread looking for exacly this feature.
Osu! ppppllllsssss :) :) :) 8-)

Edit: but the Osu!BgReplacer works also fine for me ;)
NaTha
voted ^^
FajarKun
8-)

Spicy Salsa wrote:

Hey guys, today I came up with an idea:
How about the feature of being able to set a default beatmap background which can be enabled/disabled and would not change the beatmap itself?
It would work like a full-time 100% dim, but you get to choose what background you use.

Not everyone would use this feature, obviously, but I and surely some other players would have a better experience with that feature.
Tell me what you think about this idea ;)

Spicy Salsa
PhilippineEevee
I wish playfiled.png works on non-supporters and latest version of osu