1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Feature Requests
posted

eeezzzeee wrote:

So basically giving the playfield.png of skins an actual purpose other than editor?
I actually like this idea, even though I probably wouldn't use it. Maybe have a "Disable background" option in settings that would allow the playfield.png to be used instead, and therefore would make this a skinnable feature.
posted
I completely agree with this, Would be super awesome to see this implemented in osu!
posted
I think this is great! Its not like it ruins the gameplay for anyone and the change should be toggleable!

This Feature can't hurt anything if it were to get implemented, at least not what i know off :D


Support +
posted
Yes please! I'm getting tired of seeing half naked anime girls all the time...
posted

Snamex wrote:

Yes please! I'm getting tired of seeing half naked anime girls all the time...
I agree. Most of the time they are not even related to the song itself, which makes me wonder why somebody set them as background in the first place.
posted
So basically you have the same background as in osu! front page for all Songs? The idea i got from this was that each Song would use that BG. Not sure if its what was suggested. Any way, only gonna throw a start if it is what i think.
posted
This would be excellent, plus we can customize our skins even more :D
posted
This needs to happen. If I intend to ever play this game in a public place I do not want anime women invading my screen on map selection!
posted
I disagree. Map backgrounds are the choice of the mapper, and should (if done properly) reflect how the mapper feels about that song. Using a default background would defeat the purpose of relating the background to the song (psychology).

Fritz wrote:

This needs to happen. If I intend to ever play this game in a public place I do not want anime women invading my screen on map selection!
Don't download maps that are subject to those backgrounds (i.e. TV Size, "kawaii" anime).
posted

Project Railgun wrote:

I disagree. Map backgrounds are the choice of the mapper, and should (if done properly) reflect how the mapper feels about that song. Using a default background would defeat the purpose of relating the background to the song (psychology).

Fritz wrote:

This needs to happen. If I intend to ever play this game in a public place I do not want anime women invading my screen on map selection!
Don't download maps that are subject to those backgrounds (i.e. TV Size, "kawaii" anime).
If a player feels the need to have a default image for the maps, for me it would just be a blank black screen for everything, why not allow them to do so? I would say over 95% of the songs I have played in this game have some form of anime background that appears during breaks and map selection. I am not strictly speaking of inappropriate images. Personally, I think it would be incredibly nice to just have an option to either set your own background for all maps or just disable map art entirely.

EDIT: I do not disapprove of anime, in fact I enjoy it, but there should definitely be an option to disable or change map art, as an aesthetic. Some map art images are blurry as hell too, which is annoying.
posted

Spicy Salsa wrote:

Not everyone would use this feature, obviously, but I and surely some other players would have a better experience with that feature.
Yup. Not everyone. But exclude me. I WANT THIS! :D:D:D:D
PERSONALIZING OSU = <3 <3
posted
Would certainly make it easy to have every background a custom color
posted
I love the idea.

Problem: Flashlight Mod.
I hate it to use a 100% Dim, i can´t see the circle of FL.
Other way i see a custom Background. Both disturb me by playing.

So i must change the background in the Songs-Folder after i downloaded a new map.


Ouch, that hurts :o
posted
This would be so awesome to have around. I don't like using 100% dim since it makes the lighting weird for me and it sounds like too much of a pain in the ass to change all my beatmap backgrounds into a black picture .-.
posted
/sup even though I wouldn't use it much.
posted

5522Luca wrote:

Sorry for double post, but



Did you say something?
posted

Transformau5 wrote:

5522Luca wrote:

Sorry for double post, but



Did you say something?


on topic:I would love this because I play with 50% dim and gray bg and it's a pain to change bg on every map
posted
Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

Yes yes yes
posted

CptBlackBird wrote:

Transformau5 wrote:

Sorry for double post, but



Did you say something?


Also, this is one of my most desired game additions. I think players should be able to choose the background they play on. Also I would prefer having the background of the mappers choice when selecting a map, but still have the option of a skinned playfield while playing the song.
posted
I beg for this to be added.
Please sign in to reply.