forum

osu tablet pen nibs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nisekoi
Is it possible to buy replacement pen nibs should all 4 of the replacement nibs are used up?
ksg
I guess you could try to look for nibs for the tablet that osu!tablet is based on.
(Huion something?)
Oinari-sama
You can find many replacement nibs on eBay.

Alternatively you can try Making your own
Bauxe
Yes you can buy them, but they aren't very cheap. Making your own would be best, if you want to invest the time.
Dexus
The nibs are different so you can't use the weed eater method.

Here you go 4 nibs, a removing tool, and even comes with a pen/nib holder:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Accessory-Huion ... B00EEYGN9U
Bauxe

Dexus wrote:

Seeing as he said 4 replacement, unless Huion tablets also come with 4 replacement, I think he has a wacom.
Mizuno Yui
Huion H420 just came today. With 4 nibs.
[ Stellar ]
Do you really need replacement nibs for osu tablet? I'm still on my first on, and it's showing no signs of wearing off.
Even though I hover, I tried to scratch down a nib to test its durability, and I am amazed on how durable it is.
The surface isn't really scratch-able like a wacom, and it drags along pretty smooth..
Bauxe

[ Stellar ] wrote:

Do you really need replacement nibs for osu tablet? I'm still on my first on, and it's showing no signs of wearing off.
Even though I hover, I tried to scratch down a nib to test its durability, and I am amazed on how durable it is.
The surface isn't really scratch-able like a wacom, and it drags along pretty smooth..
Over time it will wear down if you constantly drag.
Mathsma

Bauxe wrote:

[ Stellar ] wrote:

Over time it will wear down if you constantly drag.
I think it only wears down to a point, after that the tablet surface and nib should be super smooth to where it isn't grinding on the surface anymore, at least that is what happened to mine.
Bauxe

Mathsma wrote:

I think it only wears down to a point, after that the tablet surface and nib should be super smooth to where it isn't grinding on the surface anymore, at least that is what happened to mine.
My nibs are all sharp and pointy because I don't rotate my pen :(
Mathsma

Bauxe wrote:

Mathsma wrote:

My nibs are all sharp and pointy because I don't rotate my pen :(
Yeah, thats what I mean. The pen nibs gets a flat surface and it just slides over the smooth tablet surface. It shouldn't feel like it's grinding after a while.
Catgirl
The osu!tablet pen also works without any nib inserted, if you're in a bind.
[ Stellar ]
Or, you know, you can just hover :D
usa
I buy my nibs from my local japanese supermarket.
They come in different sizes and flavors too.
Topic Starter
Nisekoi

Bauxe wrote:

Dexus wrote:

Seeing as he said 4 replacement, unless Huion tablets also come with 4 replacement, I think he has a wacom.
Actually I have an osu! tablet, just wondering if the huion nibs (the black ones on amazon) were also compatible with the osu! tablet
Catgirl
The osu!tablet is a Huion 420. As long as the nibs you find will work for the Huion 420, then they should work for the osu!tablet as well.