forum

Returning to Osu problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Yuugiri ]
After a month of no Osu, my osu skill feels extremely hindered. My single tapping just feel very heavy and my arms would ache. My streaming usually get 100 whereas I would like full 300s stream b4. I can't jump well either T_T. Tips pls.
deadbeat
and you chose post this to the Development section because????
moving to Gameplay and Ranking. though i think there's already a thread for this sort of stuff ._."
Nub1
Its normal actually, u just need a few warmup before u get back to the old u
PlasticSmoothie
If you regularly go to the gym and then stop for a month, would you expect to not have lost any strength not working out for a month? No.
All you gotta do is take it slow, let yourself regain the muscle/whatever needed to play at your old skill level. (...what muscles are affected by osu anyway? Now I'm curious).
Rio-
It's normal... I'm in Hiatus too for 3 months recently because of a Mild CTS (and still in recovery right now). I can feel that suddenly I can't single-tap nor stream anymore yesterday eventhough My finger gets better. but after 1-2 hours playing ,I can play normally again like 3 months ago (but still can't play in good condition though)... just try to play osu! normally, and your old skill will come back sooner. *I suck at english
aBunny
after i stop running for about a month, i usually cant do my 4-6km daily run. I dont know, maybe my body is not in the same shape anymore
usa
I took month breaks before, and one recently after my laptop broke.
The best way that worked for me is to break into it again by having heavy days of continuous playing (3-4 hrs).
I usually need 2-3 days of this within a week.
After that, just play normally and steadily get your stamina and aim back.
Consistency and reading takes much longer to get back so just keep that in mind.
GoldenWolf

XenXus wrote:

Tips pls.
you play more
MirinH
If u want,u can get a tablet.
But u can also good by using a mouse.
Anyways,u just need play more, when u can play Insane diffs, u won't have the problem.
Also, if ur felling really tired and feel uncomfortable with your hands, u better have a rest and go out side ;) to do some sports with your friends.
btw u can try to alternating if u really feels u cant speed up your fingers, alternate is hard to read maps and its harder to play, but alternate is really better than single tap if u knows how to alternate, not easy though, and harder when ur better
Hope that was helpful :P
[ Stellar ]
Wow you took a month's break and now you can't do what you use to?
Man, I wonder what's wrong.
Sorun

PlasticSmoothie wrote:

If you regularly go to the gym and then stop for a month, would you expect to not have lost any strength not working out for a month? No.
All you gotta do is take it slow, let yourself regain the muscle/whatever needed to play at your old skill level. (...what muscles are affected by osu anyway? Now I'm curious).
Bad analogy, you wouldn't lose muscle or strength that fast. You might get DOMS, but that's it. As for OP you will probably get back to where you were within a day tops.
Dexus
osu! is a dexterity thing and doesn't really use muscles. They do count for a bit, but really it's not going to be a problem unless you're highly underdeveloped or something.

Here in this article they did a comparison between trained and untrained hands and saw a slight difference.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2576040/

In turn, taking a week off every month helps so you don't burn out your hands.