The use of SV: Love it or hate it?

I love it!
58.90%
Sorry, I hate it so much. :(
41.10%
Total votes: 146
Topic Starter
Maiz94
Hopefully this thread doesn't lead to misunderstanding issue like previous before. >___>

Literally, I really want to see if the community likes it or not.

For mappers, do you often use SV for your maps? and why?
Midge
I like sv :I
Murako
Yup. SV is fun \o/
Pew_old_1
Most of the time it's fun i guess ;-;

cough smooooch cough
Fullerene-
Fun if it isn't spammed all the time and requires more time memorizing instead of actually playing the map.

Pew wrote:

cough smooooch cough
Bobbias
I weird, since I play FL and still love SVs. I used to hate the way back when I played stepmania too lol. I dont even mind stuff that requires memorization, las long as it's possible to read the notes well enough to memorize them after a few tries. My problem with smoooch has been that i can't seem to even read the notes well enough to memorize them.
PyaKura
SV changes in smoooch are quite sudden and the fact that it is keysounded doesn't help with memorization either.

As for me, I can't live without SVs \:D/
projectc1

+ IMO, without SV, mania will be completely boring (apply to some beatmap) >_>

oh wait i'm not mapper there /me runs
Meseki
I've always liked fitting speed changes in rhythm games every now and then, though when it's something like Pluto, it can get a little bit annoying.
Cozzzy
Yes :D as long as it's intuitive and not spammed, or random slow-downs for half the map etc
DestinySonata
SV is really amusing. I love it.
Topic Starter
Maiz94

Meseki wrote:

I've always liked fitting speed changes in rhythm games every now and then, though when it's something like Pluto, it can get a little bit annoying.
or LeaF - I and Fascination MAXX.. haha
Yes, it's a bit annoying with all of the sudden changes that you can't keep up with but if you memorize it, you can tackle 'dem easily. But again, it's personal's choice if one wants to love it or just give up and ends with hate on SV.
bomber34
if they fit the song they are fine ...
just hope noone gets shit ranked
Tornspirit

Meseki wrote:

:( Pluto is fun to play on DDR. So is FELM and FAXX.

Chaos on the other hand...

SV is cool if done right; if it's done like chaos / smooch... blah.
ArcherLove
I'm sorry I love it :(
Raging Bull
I love SV. Trigger happy :3
PyaKura
1% went missing.
kidlat020

ishimaru94 wrote:

Yes, it's a bit annoying with all of the sudden changes that you can't keep up with but if you memorize it, you can tackle 'dem easily. But again, it's personal's choice if one wants to love it or just give up and ends with hate on SV.
I really want a proper LeaF - I mapped in o!m. the autoconvert is just... weird.
PyaKura
I'd love to map it when I'm done with End Time... we'll see.
Topic Starter
Maiz94

kidlat020 wrote:

ishimaru94 wrote:

I really want a proper LeaF - I mapped in o!m. the autoconvert is just... weird.
Tbh, if you look at original BMS of it, it's far more worse than the ranked ones here in terms of note density plus with unforgiving gimmicks/bumps. Really, you should look at it. ;)
Flanster
I love SV changes but only when used correctly. Gives off a nice effect to the notechart.
Aqo

ishimaru94 wrote:

kidlat020 wrote:

Tbh, if you look at original BMS of it, it's far more worse than the ranked ones here in terms of note density plus with unforgiving gimmicks/bumps. Really, you should look at it. ;)
actually the bms one is quite easy to follow since the beats are consistent, there's a scratch before every slowdown so you know exactly where to expect the SV changes. in osu it just randomly happens with no warning and you must memorize
Ryu Sei
Can't play without SV changes.
Topic Starter
Maiz94

Aqo wrote:

actually the bms one is quite easy to follow since the beats are consistent, there's a scratch before every slowdown so you know exactly where to expect the SV changes. in osu it just randomly happens with no warning and you must memorize
in that case, osu ones is harder then. haha
Taadashi
I don't really like them, but don't really hate 'em either. As long as they're rhythmically placed I guess it's fine. :)
[TIM]
I don't mind it usually, unless it has random speed changes that make it almost impossible to play correctly just from actually listening to the tempo of the song.
kidlat020
Something like this?
t/132018
imariL
I really like SV changes when fit with song well(example: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/144699), But really really hate Meaningless SV changes.
show more