forum

Any finger/alternate tips

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Blueprint
Is there any tips or tricks you could give me that you may or not use personally on managing fingers for anything that involves alternating besides streams landing every note on a stream is easy hitting wild stacks is not because I suck at managing my fingers. I've tried rotating my keyboard clockwise/anti clockwise no real difference I use C V I've tried raising my palm but that ruins my precision, I have tried playing on a different row of keys to with negative results.
So any tips/ tricks are appreciated.

In case your curious where this is coming from its because I can't fc anything that has stacks because my fingers derp, your welcome to spectate me for an idea

Practice.... Get lost there's stacks in every map
nooblet
Single tappers seem to find it really hard/mindfiretrucking but I do my triple stacks ZXZ XZX ZXZ XZX. If this is what you're asking. It might help you control them if you can keep in mind which finger you start on for each stack. It gets a lot harder with high BPM so you can try with low BPM's first.

If you're asking about long stacks, then you just have to listen for the first beat and watch for the colour change.
Topic Starter
Blueprint
I just have trouble reading them properly in general no matter the Bpm

Ready ing
GoldenWolf
Listen to the song
Topic Starter
Blueprint
;Let me make this make more sence there are singles in the shape of stacks which are meant to be singled right and then there are stacks which are meant to be alternated right well give me the 1 that can be singled and iI can alternate it without derping now give me the slowest possible approaching stack which is meant to be alternated and I'll get my fingers in a twist.

I'm not good with big words so I can't make the sentence any smaller for you I've explained the best way I possibly can.
Mathsma

Blueprint wrote:

;Let me make this make more sence there are singles in the shape of stacks which are meant to be singled right and then there are stacks which are meant to be alternated right well give me the 1 that can be singled and iI can alternate it without derping now give me the slowest possible approaching stack which is meant to be alternated and I'll get my fingers in a twist.

I'm not good with big words so I can't make the sentence any smaller for you I've explained the best way I possibly can.
Start slow, move up. Control first then speed.
Topic Starter
Blueprint
Here's what I'm going to do I'm going to set my self back 60k ranks I mentioned this a long time ago, my middle finger is my natural finger and I don't trip from it but my index was fast so I've practised with that for a good month at least,and by set back I mean my middle finger is unreliable for singles that aren't slow.

I'm all over the place.

Just so you know if it isn't obvious to everybody already I'm not very independant I require a push/ kick up the rear to progress / achieve
GoldenWolf

Blueprint wrote:

Just so you know if it isn't obvious to everybody already I'm not very independant I require a push/ kick up the rear to progress / achieve
I'll slap your face until you ~practice~
Topic Starter
Blueprint

GoldenWolf wrote:

Blueprint wrote:

I'll slap your face until you ~practice~
That's the Spirit
Almost
Play some EZ.
Fahe
I personally use the ZXZ pattern for stacks (basically starting with them with the same finger), works for me up to 220/240bpm stuff, which is close to my current singletapping limit.Really find something you are comfortable with, start slow and increase the speed progressively.

If you want something to train on, this map is useful but play with caution, messes up your accuracy pretty fast :p
GoldenWolf
How can practicing ruin your accuracy? You're doing something wrong
Layne_old_1

Fahe wrote:

I personally use the ZXZ pattern for stacks (basically starting with them with the same finger), works for me up to 220/240bpm stuff, which is close to my current singletapping limit.Really find something you are comfortable with, start slow and increase the speed progressively.

If you want something to train on, this map is useful but play with caution, messes up your accuracy pretty fast :p
I don't know how my map reduces accuracy since I have a 98% on both 186 bpm triples and quads+doubles

All it really enforces is pattern training but the song itself is on sync with the notes.
winber1

nooblet wrote:

Single tappers seem to find it really hard/mindfiretrucking but I do my triple stacks ZXZ XZX ZXZ XZX.
but the real question is how fast. if u can do that at 240bpm, then damn son.
Fahe

Layne wrote:

I don't know how my map reduces accuracy since I have a 98% on both 186 bpm triples and quads+doubles

All it really enforces is pattern training but the song itself is on sync with the notes.
Didn't criticize the timing or anything about your map, on the contrary, I'm using it regularly, just pointing out (in a clumsy way I give you that) that playing this type of maps only tends to jeopardize other patterns, at least in my experience.
deletemyaccount
The solution really is simple. You just alternate.

Forever.
Topic Starter
Blueprint
Middle ,slow ( I can't bottom out with it) but more accurate
Index, faster (still slow xD) messy alternating at times from it my general accuracy comes from it I could full combo with 85 accuracy but I don't fc often because messy alternating.

Full alternating well it's generally really hard to progress with it however my fingers are already alternating so stacks and the sort don't phase me as long as I'm following the rhythm properly. It's hard to full alternate with out simply ending up spamming

Who knows how but I've managed to go through every play style at some point, When I get a real tablet where as the pen isn't thicker than my thumb maybe I will go through every grip next xD
Cozzzy
So it's not an issue of finger control, but just getting confused? Imo, it's just part of reading ability, along with maybe finger independence. Search in-game for [Hyper] and DT all of these; they usually end up as >280 bpm 1/2 maps so you're pretty much forced to alternate to play them, unless you are OP at single tapping.

Or just play full alt for a while, idk
JerseyJackal
Well, on a somewhat related note, I've found that I can stream fairly quickly and for a while (up to 220bpm, 270 burst, 200bpm for ~30 seconds). However, my accuracy wanes as the streams continue, and I notice my fingers stumbling over each other awkwardly and my hands starts sliding to the side, so I'll be streaming at a 45 degree angle, which further inhibits my ability to tap quickly. Anyone have experience with something akin to this?