forum

[Archived] OSU Lagging when streaming...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hex_old_1
Problem Details:
When I stream my game lags... I get around 600-1000 fps when I stream but for some reason the game feels very slow and laggy. Using OBS
Get around 2000 FPS when not streaming.

i5 3570k
16gb ram
GTX 680
SSD 200gb
EDIT:
I get the problem when I watch replays too, game looks very slow and sluggish
Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20140328.4 (latest)
TheVileOne
I don't have any experience with streaming. BUMPing up your topic in case someone else has any idea.
Kitokofox
Well, streaming does take a lot of resources, and in parts of the computer you might not think.
1. It requires some good processing power. Compression is a big factor that has to be done with every frame before it goes out.
2. Hard drive speed. The computer needs to save the frames before they send out to the broadcasting service. This is especially more needy for the Hard Drive speed if you're making a local recording as well.
3. There can be a lot of threads associated with streaming. Try closing open programs if this is the case.
4. It could be the streaming utility throwing a fit over internet lag (I've seen some stream devices do that...)

In addition, when using a frame limiter in the recording software, osu! seems to like to pick up on the framerate for some reason.. and fight it if it's not unlimited. (I've had osu! argue with the framerate with Fraps before and it wasn't pretty)